Japan Fishing Show 2020 Predictions

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Japan Fishing Show 2020 Predictions

Post by goldrod » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:02 am

mark poulson wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:53 pm
goldrod wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:49 pm
Slazmo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:44 am
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:55 pm
Slazmo wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:52 pm

It's not the Stradic Ci4(+) lineage to be white. That was the FL and it remained silver... Here's to 2025, and and here's hoping its white again, and not just any white the FJ white.
I know, I'm just sick of all the red, and a White Stradic CI4 would be sick...
Get it repainted... But properly...
Nobody is painting!! At least for reasonable prices. Not looking for cheap labor but not looking to buy a Honda reel and get the Bentley price tag for a Ford paint job. ( no offense to those who drive ford )
I think, if you consider the time it takes to completely tear down the reel, clean it thoroughly, mask it off, prime it, finish paint it, and then cure it, you'll see it's a very time consuming process.
Plus they have to remove the masking, reassemble the reel, and lube it.
If there are any defects, they have to repeat the entire painting process.
I would allow a man day if I had to guess at the labor, which is at least $300, plus materials and overhead.
No company would get that kind of money for repainting reels, and there are very few private individuals I can recall who would have done it for less.
Even if you strip it down and reassemble it yourself, and only send in the parts that need to be painted, it's still a very time consuming and costly process.
There used to be people here who repainted their own reels, but I haven't seen any examples recently.
I agree it’s time consuming and tedious
But that’s why Your paying someone else to do it, not to mention their experience and skill set.
But when I get it back I’d like to have an arm to cast with.
I’ve had several reels painted one of which I still own and it’s going strong. Once you get used to a certain level of quality it’s hard to gamble on other people. The reels that I have had painted didn’t come free. I understand the work that’s involved and I believe people should be paid for their work. I’m in no ways insinuating that the process is easy or the painters not get quality pay for quality work.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:48 pm

goldrod wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:02 am
mark poulson wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:53 pm
goldrod wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:49 pm
Slazmo wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:44 am
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:55 pm

I know, I'm just sick of all the red, and a White Stradic CI4 would be sick...
Get it repainted... But properly...
Nobody is painting!! At least for reasonable prices. Not looking for cheap labor but not looking to buy a Honda reel and get the Bentley price tag for a Ford paint job. ( no offense to those who drive ford )
I think, if you consider the time it takes to completely tear down the reel, clean it thoroughly, mask it off, prime it, finish paint it, and then cure it, you'll see it's a very time consuming process.
Plus they have to remove the masking, reassemble the reel, and lube it.
If there are any defects, they have to repeat the entire painting process.
I would allow a man day if I had to guess at the labor, which is at least $300, plus materials and overhead.
No company would get that kind of money for repainting reels, and there are very few private individuals I can recall who would have done it for less.
Even if you strip it down and reassemble it yourself, and only send in the parts that need to be painted, it's still a very time consuming and costly process.
There used to be people here who repainted their own reels, but I haven't seen any examples recently.
I agree it’s time consuming and tedious
But that’s why Your paying someone else to do it, not to mention their experience and skill set.
But when I get it back I’d like to have an arm to cast with.
I’ve had several reels painted one of which I still own and it’s going strong. Once you get used to a certain level of quality it’s hard to gamble on other people. The reels that I have had painted didn’t come free. I understand the work that’s involved and I believe people should be paid for their work. I’m in no ways insinuating that the process is easy or the painters not get quality pay for quality work.
Good luck. I hope you find someone to help you out.

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:56 am

a1712 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:28 am
Curado/Scorpion 70 with Micro Module gearing and a MGL spool. Brian.
I can see this happening since the Curado 70 is on clearance at TW, I’m sure the current scorpion 70 is on it’s way out too...
2018 Ranger RT 188 w / 115 PRO XS CT

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:52 am

I say this every year for the last 5 or so years. I want a Z1016. That's it. Don't care about anything else since what's currently available is already perfectly fine. Give me a small Z made out of magnesium, without the twing, micro gears from the newer ryoga and charge whatever you want for it, i'm getting it. But i'm not getting what i want since Daiwa doesn't listen to their fans :cry:

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm

SSS wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:52 am
I say this every year for the last 5 or so years. I want a Z1016. That's it. Don't care about anything else since what's currently available is already perfectly fine. Give me a small Z made out of magnesium, without the twing, micro gears from the newer ryoga and charge whatever you want for it, i'm getting it. But i'm not getting what i want since Daiwa doesn't listen to their fans :cry:
Don't get too bummed out. I'm sure they will put out a new tatula this year. Hell they might even put a bigger tribal spider on it. :D

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm

domthewon wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:15 pm
SSS wrote:
Don't get too bummed out. I'm sure they will put out a new tatula this year. Hell they might even put a bigger tribal spider on it. :D
Sssssstop it.
This is the way.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:09 pm

SSS wrote:
If they came out with the "perfect" reel, no one would need to buy their other stuff, so don't get your hopes up.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:37 pm

domthewon wrote:
SSS wrote:
:lol:

Jkitchens
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jkitchens » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:36 am

domthewon wrote:
SSS wrote:
:lol: Awesome!
2018 Ranger RT 188 w / 115 PRO XS CT

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:08 pm

I still want a Magforce 3D Steez A with brass gears.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:03 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:25 am
Id like to see the Steez A get brass gears. Dont care what they end up calling it. Have a 90mm handle on it too.

The Steez CT with aluminum frame and brass gears to cut costs down.
Yep! And in case of it's absolutely necessary, they can add Magforce 3D if they really want.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:05 pm

For realz. The Tatula is Daiwa's pollution. Wish they made something like the Bantam. Quality solid little reel that is also made in japan, and not too expensive. Their insane focus on Tats is annoying. Never had a Tat. Will never have a Tat unless there's one that is below 6,5oz and made in japan, which ain't happening.

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cranky » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Hoping for some new Conquest options. 100DC in dark gunmetal if a guy can dream.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Shimano Castaic please...

fishes
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishes » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:00 pm

Cranky wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:58 pm
Hoping for some new Conquest options. 100DC in dark gunmetal if a guy can dream.
this please. In a higher gear ratio like 6.8:1 would be great