Damiki BFS rod?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Warhawk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Damiki BFS rod?

Post by Warhawk » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:31 pm

I thought I’d share a super nice little rod that TW has on clearance for $50. The Damiki angel EX. It’s a two piece rod list as medium power. EVA grips and a nice blue finish.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Damiki_ ... DAMCA.html

I bought one each of the casting and spinning version. Both are extremely nice rods, and I have used the casting rod several times now. First I put a Tatula TTU100 on it, nice setup. Then I downsized the reel to an Alphas R Edition and like it even better. The rod is listed as 1/4 oz lures minimum but I find that it casts down to 1/8 pretty easily. I like it well enough that I just ordered a second one, a spare.

Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Damiki BFS rod?

Post by Drew03cmc » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:49 am

I have this rod and have it listed as part of a lot in the classifieds. It really excels down to about 3/16, but loses feel below there. It works great with light spinnerbaits and weightless Senkos.
Andy

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Damiki BFS rod?

Post by _diggy_ » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:33 pm

I bought the cranking rod when it was in stock, can't complain for the near 50 dollar price tag. Was about 190 in its day.