Shimano 18 Bay Game 151

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Shimano 18 Bay Game 151

Post by RIng » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:22 am

Hay there . Can anyone tell me if the 18 bay game has the SVS infinity with the outside ajustment or the older SVS ? Thanks

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano 18 Bay Game 151

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:37 am

Description

SHIMANO reel bait reel 18 bay game 150DH right handle Fishing genuine from JAPAN

Looking at actual fishing, power, rigidity, Reeling feel.

Expand the range of games with power momentum.

HAGANE Highly rigid design with no deflection by body.

By adopting X-SHIP and micro module gear for the gear system, we also secured remarkably smooth reeling performance and reel sensitivity that can sense delicate Atari.

Two types of handles are available.

A 60 mm power single handle and a 55 mm power double handle are fitted with oversized handle knobs.
The reeling performance at high load becomes more powerful and smooth.

Features such as centrifugal braking system SVS, core fit body, exciting drag sound etc are also substantial.

Gear ratio 6.9, Wound volume PE 1.5 No. 200 m casting function added extensively to the specification, including popular takoyaki, light flounder, tattoo, taub lava, light jigging etc in Okayama Bay, Kawahagi and Maruika in the forest, The range of the game expands.

BAY GAME
Light game reel with 3 rhythms of rigidity, power and comfort.

A sliding comfort and gear ratio of 6.9, a thread volume amount of PE No. 1.5 No. 200 of 200 m is added with a cast function which can be attacked extensively, and it can correspond widely, such as kawa ha, Maruika, octopus, light flounder, tattoo, tauba mule, light jigging A model.

Very smooth winding adoption micro module gear adoption.

Compared to ordinary gears, it is ultra-compact and precise, so vibration is also less than half of conventional products (compared to Shimano Corp.) Silky winding feeling realized.

Not only is it smooth, but also the number of meshed teeth increases, ensuring strength over conventional gears.

System that utilizes power It is equipped with "X-SHIP" system that reduces loss in the drive section and efficiently transmits power by optimizing the gear design, improving supporting performance, eliminating rotational resistance.

An efficient mechanism for transmitting power without waste is realized.

Design that leads to increased mobility Normally, by moving the knob of the mechanical brake, which is located on the handle side, to the handle side of the rod, the body can be made compact.

Fit feeling and balance improved when you grasped. It can also cope with sudden movements, and it is designed to be excellent in operability.

Selectable Handle Specification Double handle adopts NEW EVA oversized knob, 55 mm long specification, single handle also EVA knob adopted 60 mm long specification.

Efficient power transfer and powerful winding are possible in either case.

The double handle has two handle knobs for handling back, and the single handle can grasp the handle knob securely with the palm, so even large trucks can not hold the initiative.

Drag sound easy to grasp the situation Drag sound specification to convey the drag tension by the fish pulling as a sound feeling when hitting the fish.

In addition to enjoying the realistic feeling of winning, at night fishing etc, the strength of the sound can also serve as a guide for interaction with the fish and you can enjoy more fight.

Robust body that supports technology Adopting a highly rigid HAGANE body that strongly supports precision internal mechanisms.

Withstand the sudden shock, minimize deflection, tells the winding force surely, supports stable winding feeling.

Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:06 am

Looks to be very similar to the Stile SS, which comes with the old SVS system with finesse brakes. No outside dial. These brakes are light enough to allow very free casting with one brake on, and can cast as well as the newer SVS system with dial. Here’s a listing for a spare spool where you can see the brake system. I’d buy a Stile over this simply for the gear ratio options, unless you like that spare Power Handle. I would like to know if this comes with brass gears and what the weight is. Reel is not listed at any of the normal Japanese tackle shops.

https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/4312

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:22 am

I work for a Shimano repair facility and we can't even get parts for JDM reels. Schematics are in Japanese.

I wish it were different... I'll ask Shimano about it at ICAST in July.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:01 am

ShimanoFan wrote:I work for a Shimano repair facility and we can't even get parts for JDM reels. Schematics are in Japanese.

I wish it were different... I'll ask Shimano about it at ICAST in July.
Most every part for the frame(gears, driveshaft, idle gears, clutch) swaps from the Curado 70. I’ve got brass gears from the 70 in my Stiles and they work perfectly. I bought all of my JDM reels from Digitaka, and they have no issue getting parts for you if needed. Most shops will help you out.

RIng
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by RIng » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks . I am interested in a saltwater reel for a H or XH rod and 30- 50# braid .I get most of my reels from Japan .

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:16 pm

30lb braid is about as high as I would go with these reels based on capacity. I can dump the whole spool of 30 with some 5/8oz lures. Might want something a little bigger with more capacity for heavy braid. They are small, light, powerful and a lot of fun to use though. I was in the same boat, unsure about which to buy because of lack of info, so I just went for it with the Stiles and love them. Definitely interested in this reel now that you brought it up. All Shimano’s reels are saltwater capable(except Ch MGL) with proper lubricants, their saltwater models just seem to have more bushings in places that see more water contact, and clicking drag.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:10 pm

RIng wrote:I get most of my reels from Japan .
??? Huh??? :-k

My Curado's say made in Japan.

CM_Stewart
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CM_Stewart » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:53 am

Difference between "made in Japan" for the US market and JDM (ordered from Japan).
Chris Stewart
(affiliations: TenkaraBum.com, Finesse-Fishing.com)

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:33 am

I know... I was trying to get to a point about JDM, but it isn't happening...

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:16 am

ShimanoFan wrote:I know... I was trying to get to a point about JDM, but it isn't happening...
Mostly the JDM reels are purchased for the better looks and minor differences in components (in some cases). At least thats why I go for JDM over USDM in some cases.
<")))><{