PG 166L+ BFS???

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

PG 166L+ BFS???

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Has anyone here fish the PG 166L+BFS Cover trap?
Been eyeing that rod for a while now thinking to snatch it and slap on an Ald MGL to toss some weightless plastics.
It's an exspensive rod, so before I actually order one, what are some other options that are in the same relm as this rod?

I dont know much about BFS, never got into it but I'm thinking this year I might dabble into it.

I just want something that'll make me want to pick up the stick and do some BFSing.

Rods I had in mind would be something in the PG lineup or something in the Steez SV lineup.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: PG 166L+ BFS???

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:28 pm

No experience with the PG, but if you are looking at other options. Might want to give this a whirl. Just introduced by Luxxe.

Niether of the rods you mention (unless your looking at a racing design) are going to have a blank comparible to this one. Besides that, Luxxe puts together rods as good or better than anyone in the industry.

Same price range as the rods you are interested it. You would be the first that I know of to have one. If I didn't have the lighter end of the spectrum covered, I would have ordered one already.

http://www.gamakatsu.co.jp/client/produ ... Code=24547

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: PG 166L+ BFS???

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:35 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:No experience with the PG, but if you are looking at other options. Might want to give this a whirl. Just introduced by Luxxe.

Niether of the rods you mention (unless your looking at a racing design) are going to have a blank comparible to this one. Besides that, Luxxe puts together rods as good or better than anyone in the industry.

Same price range as the rods you are interested it. You would be the first that I know of to have one. If I didn't have the lighter end of the spectrum covered, I would have ordered one already.

http://www.gamakatsu.co.jp/client/produ ... Code=24547

Hmmm interested :-k
I never fished any Luxxe rods yet so this could be a start to something new, new rod brand and new style of fishing