Megabass Orochi xxx or 2016 destroyer

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Megabass Orochi xxx or 2016 destroyer

Post by Finesse Angler » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Hey everyone, looking for some info on these two series of rods. Specifically the f2-64xs overdrive and f2-68ks scramble tour. I have a 2506pe exist that will be paired with whichever one I get. Currently I have a major craft msx 6’ 5” L 2 piece. Wondering how these two stack up against this rod and each other. I like how my msx feels and handles so I’m wanting something similar. I want to know how these rods handle and how true to their casting and power ratings are they and lastly is the destroyer really worth $150 more than the orochi xxx. Thanks in advance.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Orochi xxx or 2016 destroyer

Post by Canga- » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:48 pm

i have a msx limited 6'5" light and the 2016 destroyer lycoan (f1-61xs) and they are pretty similar, the destroyer is slightly more sensitive in my hands, but the msx is very sensitive too, balance is pretty much dead on with both rods with a og vanquish c2000hgs and a complex ci4+ c2500s f4, i havent put a true 2500 reel on either but i can put a 17 steeze type 2 on one tomorrow and see what the balance is like. power wise the lycoan is a little lighter than the msx, but its not a drastic difference, the f2 is likely a little more powerful than the msx

i havent handled a xxx so cant help you there, i really like the destroyer so would likely go that route if i were in your shoes.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:24 pm

Glad to hear the feedback. How does the grip feel in hand on the destroyer that’s a big spot for me. I like the design but if it’s not comfy I won’t wind up fishing it. Also what do you use the lycaon for, technique wise and would it be able to double as a trout rod with that power rating?

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:30 pm

The grip is comfortable, doesn’t feel much different than the msx in my hand.

I use the lycoan mainly for plastics on a jighead, anything from a 2” senko on a 1/32, to a trd on a 1/8, mastly 1/16 head with a small plastic. Should be fine for trout, I don’t fish for them but it does make a nice panfish rod too. I recently bought a legend elite panfish 6’ ulf for the really light stuff, but it won’t replace either the msx or lycoan