Japan Lure Shop Question?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Japan Lure Shop Question?

Post by Team Bass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:31 am

How long does it take to normally get an email that the item has been shipped?

Craigthor
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Japan Lure Shop Question?

Post by Craigthor » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:23 am

What was the shipping method EMS or Registered Air Mail? EMS is usually 3-7 business days once it is at the shipping facility in Japan, RA is usually 10-14 business days once at the shipping facility. This is my experience with anything shipped out of Japan and includes the time spent going through US customs and transfer to the USPS for distribution and delivery.

Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Post by Team Bass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:35 am

Craigthor wrote:What was the shipping method EMS or Registered Air Mail? EMS is usually 3-7 business days once it is at the shipping facility in Japan, RA is usually 10-14 business days once at the shipping facility. This is my experience with anything shipped out of Japan and includes the time spent going through US customs and transfer to the USPS for distribution and delivery.
I ordered it using PayPal. It only offered one shipping method. It was a few days ago. I have a receipt from PayPal but no tracking or shipping info yet at all. It’s my first order from them. Just wondering if I should wait or contact them through email. Did you get a confirmation? Or did your package just show up? Thanks for the help

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:15 am

Ive had it ship in one day then have had it take 4 days before i got a shipping notice. I wouldn't worry.

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:55 am

Go to PayPal find your shipping invoice # under JLS order, than go back to Japan lure shop, find link for order/returns (bottom of the page), input invoice#, last name and email address, it will pull your details with shipping tracking #. That just copy/paste it in Google

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:04 am

He almost always sends an email with your invoice and another with Tracking within 24 hours and if its the weekend he usually tells you what day it will ship on in an email. Top notch shop!!

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:20 am

Team Bass wrote:How long does it take to normally get an email that the item has been shipped?
Check your spam folder, sometimes gmail snags emails from Japanese sites for me some times.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:32 am

The last 3 times I've ordered from both Japan Lure Shop and Japan Angler, I don't recall getting a shipped notification. Then after 3 or 4 business days when I start to wonder about it, I open my mailbox and the order is already here.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:06 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:The last 3 times I've ordered from both Japan Lure Shop and Japan Angler, I don't recall getting a shipped notification. Then after 3 or 4 business days when I start to wonder about it, I open my mailbox and the order is already here.
Same here. JLS is one of the best shops to source JDM tackle, period. Email or not, your item should arrive in short order. On another note, I have always wondered how a reel coming from Japan gets to me here in GA quicker than a reel coming from Texas. :lol:
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Post by Team Bass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Thanks for the info guys. It’s my first order from Japan. I’m glad to hear all of the positive reviews. Thanks again for all of the feedback.

Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Post by Team Bass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:33 pm

And yes I just checked my spam and the tracking info got automatically sent there. So my order is on its way. :big grin:

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by leggomye990 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:40 pm

I love JLS, always good experience ordering from them. They also almost everytime include a free gift too, Ive gottan a couple vision 110's from them as gifts lol

Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Post by Team Bass » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm

That’s really cool that they send free things. I ordered one of the new OSP jigs and A 18 Daiwa Zillion HLC reel for my MB Faust rod.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:11 pm

I forgot to mention I have a Metanium MGL XG on it's way from JPL =P~ Hoping for a Vision 110 girft [-o<

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:44 am

I never got a 110 from JLS, usually Megabass plastics. I did get a t-shirt from Troutshop.jp though.