Alphas CT 70 in stock at Digitaka!

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Alphas CT 70 in stock at Digitaka!

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:28 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Pastrmka wrote:Is PayPal using different conversion rate than what's listed on digitaka?
For some reason, I have seen it cost slightly more when using paypal than the standard exchange rate indicated at that point.
I got in a fight with PayPal a couple years back when I bought a Zillion SV TW 9.1. The PayPal site said it uses the currwnt exchange rate. They lowballed the hell out of the exchange rate. They said it can be a couple days off. I showed that the exchange rate was never that low in the last few months (back when it was climbing up to 125 to 1USD). I then dug into their legal policies and stuff and proved they were running a racket. They swiftly refunded me and then changed their exchange rate policy.

I had screenshots and everything. It was a fun time. Basically they were using lowball exchange rates to pocket some money while being "free" still.

It looks like they are a little more transparent about it now
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:42 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Pastrmka wrote:Is PayPal using different conversion rate than what's listed on digitaka?
For some reason, I have seen it cost slightly more when using paypal than the standard exchange rate indicated at that point.
Yes PayPal has always lowballed the actual exchange rate. 109.84 per dollar on digitaka was around 107.90 on PayPal. I think the reason is PayPal likes to do this is what Cody has stated. They like to run a racket and get $.

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:39 am

Is PayPal only way to purchase from digitaka?

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:11 pm

pAYPAL uses double policies, charging sellers hefty fees, plus making money from the conversion rate, as I recall they always give you exchange rate 2-3 yens lower than it is. Means about 2% from a buyer.
I usually use xe.com for exchange rate to figure out how much I own the guy who brings me stuff directly from Japan.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:43 pm

LMAO this got way off topic :lol:

Any insights from those purchasing this reel would be greatly appreciated

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:52 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
It's a lot more. Like 19 yen per dollar more. Always choose to pay in yen and let the card carrier use their conversion rate.
This is the way.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:58 pm

Samuel_b wrote:LMAO this got way off topic :lol:

We are collectively notorious for going off-topic here! :doh: Or, at least, I am.... :lol: I know a couple of early-adopters. They are both thoroughly impressed with the reel, to the point that I will be selling off a few things in the very near future.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:00 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:

We are collectively notorious for going off-topic here! :doh: Or, at least, I am.... :lol: I know acouple of early-adopters. They are both thoroughly impressed wit the reel, to the point that I will be selling off a few things in the very near future.
Interesting :D Don't need one but kinda want one now :lol: Any news of it compared to the SV105 would be nice!! I liked my SV 105 but wasn't impressed with it enough to keep it in the lineup. Hoping this one is a little better caster. Love the Alphas platform second favorite behind the OG Zillion.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:

We are collectively notorious for going off-topic here! :doh: Or, at least, I am.... :lol: I know a couple of early-adopters. They are both thoroughly impressed with the reel, to the point that I will be selling off a few things in the very near future.
Interesting :D Don't need one but kinda want one now :lol: Any news of it compared to the SV105 would be nice!! I liked my SV 105 but wasn't impressed with it enough to keep it in the lineup. Hoping this one is a little better caster. Love the Alphas platform second favorite behind the OG Zillion.
Well, I do know that ss30378 bought one, then sold an Aldebaran BFS XG AND an '09 Aldebaran with Avail spool within a couple of days... then ordered the Steez CT SV, which supposedly has the same spool. That's a pretty powerful statement imo, because any Alde variant is an extremely nice reel.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:09 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Well, I do know that ss30378 bought one, then sold an Aldebaran BFS XG AND an '09 Aldebaran with Avail spool within a couple of days... then ordered the Steez CT SV, which supposedly has the same spool. That's a pretty powerful statement imo, because any Alde variant is an extremely nice reel.
3rd favorite platform :lol: Hmm thanks for talking me into blowing more money :doh:

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:14 pm

Samuel_b wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:Well, I do know that ss30378 bought one, then sold an Aldebaran BFS XG AND an '09 Aldebaran with Avail spool within a couple of days... then ordered the Steez CT SV, which supposedly has the same spool. That's a pretty powerful statement imo, because any Alde variant is an extremely nice reel.
3rd favorite platform :lol: Hmm thanks for talking me into blowing more money :doh:
I'm right behind you. \:D/

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:47 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:

Well, I do know that ss30378 bought one, then sold an Aldebaran BFS XG AND an '09 Aldebaran with Avail spool within a couple of days... then ordered the Steez CT SV, which supposedly has the same spool. That's a pretty powerful statement imo, because any Alde variant is an extremely nice reel.
Well actually i only sold the 09 with avail 918 spool and just the avail 16ald15 spool from the bfs xg. But i also sold a bantam and scorpion 70 to offset the steez lol...

In actuality i compared the scorp 70 directly to the alphas 70. Same 10lb red label on both and on the same 6'6" ML poison adrena. I tested casting a 1/4oz shad rap and a 4.1g lucky craft tango minnow. Casting, honestly wasnt even a close comparison. I was in very windy conditions and the alphas had much better distance, control and accuracy. The spool startup on this tiny spool is so minute the lure takes off like a rocket with lazer flat trajectory even with the tango. Changing positions to cast with the wind at my back the alphas still out distanced the scorpion by 20+ feet. Casting for accuracy was probably the most noticeable part of the test. With the flat trajectory and instant release i was able to make precise pinpoint casts easier than i have with any reel. Comparing a 9.4g with bearing spool to a 15.59g without a bearing spool is no comparison, at least with 1/4oz or less.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:23 am

^^^But u did have that other Alde listed for sale, correct? ;)

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:58 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:^^^But u did have that other Alde listed for sale, correct? ;)
Funny you asked that because it is listed and appears to have just sold :lol: ...

Being that I now have 3 reels in transit to me (really 2 in transit, 1 stuck in customs) I need to obtain a rod or two to complement them.

Samuel_b
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Samuel_b » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:59 am

ss30378 wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Samuel_b wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:

Well actually i only sold the 09 with avail 918 spool and just the avail 16ald15 spool from the bfs xg. But i also sold a bantam and scorpion 70 to offset the steez lol...

In actuality i compared the scorp 70 directly to the alphas 70. Same 10lb red label on both and on the same 6'6" ML poison adrena. I tested casting a 1/4oz shad rap and a 4.1g lucky craft tango minnow. Casting, honestly wasnt even a close comparison. I was in very windy conditions and the alphas had much better distance, control and accuracy. The spool startup on this tiny spool is so minute the lure takes off like a rocket with lazer flat trajectory even with the tango. Changing positions to cast with the wind at my back the alphas still out distanced the scorpion by 20+ feet. Casting for accuracy was probably the most noticeable part of the test. With the flat trajectory and instant release i was able to make precise pinpoint casts easier than i have with any reel. Comparing a 9.4g with bearing spool to a 15.59g without a bearing spool is no comparison, at least with 1/4oz or less.
:) :mrgreen: There goes another $200 some bucks :doh: