'19 Steez ct sv tw

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by jvelth74 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:15 pm

^ Sweet!! But obviously KTF still haven't listed that 30 mm BFS spool in public? At least I couldn't find it.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:26 pm

jvelth74 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:15 pm
^ Sweet!! But obviously KTF still haven't listed that 30 mm BFS spool in public? At least I couldn't find it.
That's one way to look at it. Or you can pay $925 for the spool and get a free reel with it.. :lol:
Good news is the spool only is through R&D in some form of production and should be available in the near future. My guess is the same price to your door as the 34mm, which is $164 (depending on exchange and where you live)

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:58 am

Thanks! $925 is a 'little' too much for me for tuning spool :-)

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:55 pm

I am curious, do we have spool weights for comparison for the
Alpahs ct sv
Millionaire ct sv
Steez ct sv
?
I am no huge fan of tws and (may) go with the millionaire...

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:23 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:55 pm
Alpahs ct sv
Millionaire ct sv
Steez ct sv
?
I am no huge fan of tws and (may) go with the millionaire...
I believe all 3 reels utilize the same spool. The SLP Works version is now available as well.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:52 pm

Thanks. Yes, I saw the SLP on the hedgehop website. Don’t need any more reels, for the rest of my life :!:, but curiosity is getting the better of me...
If spool weights are similar / the spool is identical, then the three ct’s should perform similarly castingwise. Tws aside.

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:47 am

Dalleinf wrote:
Alpahs ct sv
Millionaire ct sv
Steez ct sv
Spool of Alphas ct sv weights 9.4 gram:
Alphas ct spool weight.JPG
Alphas ct spool weight.JPG (42.61 KiB) Viewed 7337 times
And because SLP works RCSB spool should be significantly lighter (maybe 15%) I naturally ordered it. Also that might be a slight excuse to order SLP works was that my ct Alphas arrived with broken inductor. But I installed HLC spring to it and now it's 100% logical because inductor behaves as fixed with BFS weights. (I haven't tried power casting with this reel.) And because it's logical I can use it. That little 30 mm spool works significantly nice on thumb brake (vs. 34 mm spools with BFS weights.)

Ergonomics of ct Alphas is a little bit strange because frame is designed to bigger spool and it's shrink with spacers. Spool is in high position on rod but it is still deep in reel. Obviously ct Steez withn new little ct frame if much better in ergonomics than ct Alphas. But still ct Alphas is nice reel. Basicly only one thing that was disappointment in my reel was broken inductor.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:08 pm

KTF-BFS-D30-P.jpg
KTF-BFS-D30-P.jpg (17.65 KiB) Viewed 7291 times
Came and gone in a couple of hours..In Sawamura's words..."completed as the best finesse spool in history."

I'll be the judge of that!

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by iabass8 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:27 am

jvelth74 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:47 am
Dalleinf wrote:
Alpahs ct sv
Millionaire ct sv
Steez ct sv
And because SLP works RCSB spool should be significantly lighter (maybe 15%) I naturally ordered it. Also that might be a slight excuse to order SLP works was that my ct Alphas arrived with broken inductor. But I installed HLC spring to it and now it's 100% logical because inductor behaves as fixed with BFS weights. (I haven't tried power casting with this reel.) And because it's logical I can use it. That little 30 mm spool works significantly nice on thumb brake (vs. 34 mm spools with BFS weights.)

Ergonomics of ct Alphas is a little bit strange because frame is designed to bigger spool and it's shrink with spacers. Spool is in high position on rod but it is still deep in reel. Obviously ct Steez withn new little ct frame if much better in ergonomics than ct Alphas. But still ct Alphas is nice reel. Basicly only one thing that was disappointment in my reel was broken inductor.
I didn't realize the alphas CT spool was sub 10g. That's wild. I've found my spool to be a pretty quick start up. First alphas and I dig it.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:36 am

jvelth74 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:47 am
Dalleinf wrote:
Alpahs ct sv
Millionaire ct sv
Steez ct sv

Please weigh the SLP spool when you get it. With the standard Steez SV TWS there is an SLP spool listed at around 9 gram vs Steez spool around 11 gram. However, both spools weigh the same - if I recall correctly - with the difference being +/- bearing (in other words: exactly same spool).

Edit:
Example of same spools with different weights listed.
https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/3763
https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/3648

jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jvelth74 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:41 am

30 mm BFS spool from KTF:
Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:08 pm
Came and gone in a couple of hours.
It might be that, because obviously there's thousands of people that want buy that lightest lure capable(?) BFS spool and maybe those was not made many thousands. Now I can understand why somebody was selling used KTF spool in Ebay for $350. Obviously people are thinking every item price in KTF store is skyrocketing because it seems like everything is sold out in KTF store.
:lol:
Or KTF store has just crashed somehow because of high network trafic, or something.

At least KTF makes it hard for chinese copy makers because they don't get model. :)
Dalleinf wrote: Please weigh the SLP spool when you get it. With the standard Steez SV TWS there is an SLP spool listed at around 9 gram vs Steez spool around 11 gram. However, both spools weigh the same - if I recall correctly - with the difference being +/- bearing (in other words: exactly same spool).
Yes, for sure I'm going to scale that RCSB spool when I get it. And have to say I'm disappointed if there's no difference of weight. And I feel also misled because I'm used to that Daiwa Spools are scaled with bearing and if not, it should be said. But we'll see.

I ordered it from PLAT:
https://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/pro ... range.html
Weight : 8.0g

----
BTV:
ct 70 spools.jpg
ct 70 spools.jpg (36.75 KiB) Viewed 7137 times
Can anybody say is there bigger or smaller inductor in KTF spool for Steez? Because thete are different inductors.

Of course (hopely not) question is pointless because Steez spools are sold out and Alphas spools will be sold out in a seconds after they appear.
Last edited by jvelth74 on Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:58 am

There may be a difference in weight with the Ct spool - I hope. I have the Millionaire CT and Steez CT incoming. My weak spine...
Also ordered a SLP spool, which is due in a month or so.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:29 pm

jvelth74 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:41 am

It might be that, because obviously there's thousands of people that want buy that lightest lure capable(?) BFS spool and maybe those was not made many thousands. Now I can understand why somebody was selling used KTF spool in Ebay for $350. Obviously people are thinking every item price in KTF store is skyrocketing because it seems like everything is sold out in KTF store.
Or KTF store has just crashed somehow because of high network trafic, or something.
I think there are different perspectives on what would make the "best" BFS spool.

For me, it is not how light it will throw, I don't throw below 3.5 grams. I am looking for the spool/bearing/rod combo that provides the best distance and control with a variety of lures between 3.5 to 5 grams.

With that said, there is every reason to believe that this 30mm KTF spool with the proper micro bearings (both spool and sideplate), proper rod and line, will be able to throw as low as anything available.

Heck, the CT-SV stock spool with SLP micro bearings is pretty amazing.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:29 pm
jvelth74 wrote:

I think there are different perspectives on what would make the "best" BFS spool.

For me, it is not how light it will throw, I don't throw below 3.5 grams. I am looking for the spool/bearing/rod combo that provides the best distance and control with a variety of lures between 3.5 to 5 grams.

With that said, there is every reason to believe that this 30mm KTF spool with the proper micro bearings (both spool and sideplate), proper rod and line, will be able to throw as low as anything available.

Wait til you get your ktf spool. ;) :-$

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:29 pm
jvelth74 wrote:

What are these SLP micro bearings you speak of?