'19 Steez ct sv tw

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: '19 Steez ct sv tw

Post by leggomye990 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:29 pm

bronzefly wrote:This is killing me!! :lol: We sold through all our LH 8's (my choice) way faster than I thought and I'm still waiting on mine to arrive with the restock... soon, very soon...

The anxiety is reeeel :lol:
see what I did there? 8-[

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:58 pm

Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:
bronzefly wrote:This is killing me!! :lol: We sold through all our LH 8's (my choice) way faster than I thought and I'm still waiting on mine to arrive with the restock... soon, very soon...
Lefty would have been my first choice but, I nabbed a righty while I could.
Well, I do have a few other nice things to fish with while I wait :D impatiently as it may be however, but gotta fill the demand of customers first in this case!
leggomye990 wrote:

The anxiety is reeeel :lol:
see what I did there? 8-[
:lol: =D> Who's anxious around here?? 8-[ I'm pretty excited about this one indeed...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:06 pm

I'm very satisfied. Awesome reel ! Casts 3-30g nicely. \:D/

It's quite small. Here compared with 16 Aldebaran BFS.

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:20 pm

Question for those that have the reel....is your clicking drag very quiet, never had casting reel with clicking drag before so just wondering if it's normal, compared to spinning reels its not very audible.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:27 pm

My LH 8:1 be in hand Monday and getting wet... I'm aquiver with anticipation and will be pondering over the weekend about what rod I'll pair with it first... I'm thinking first the X7 Super Eiger to attack some healthy gills in the pond that are actively feeding at their feeder already :big grin:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:59 pm

Pastrmka wrote:Question for those that have the reel....is your clicking drag very quiet, never had casting reel with clicking drag before so just wondering if it's normal, compared to spinning reels its not very audible.
Mine is pretty quite unless I have the drag set loose. Much quieter than my q6 Aldebaran BFS and Stile for sure
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:44 pm

MardukFIN wrote:I'm very satisfied. Awesome reel ! Casts 3-30g nicely. \:D/

It's quite small. Here compared with 16 Aldebaran BFS.

What a quaint couple. Those finnish fish arent going to know what hit them!

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:48 pm

Here is a little something I put together. Mainly summarizing what we have been talking about on here with some closeups and a comparison between the Steez CT and the Aldebaran frames. Will have a test casting video (low/high end) and also a teardown to see the internals.

https://youtu.be/R3UNw4e-gAg

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Pastrmka wrote:Question for those that have the reel....is your clicking drag very quiet, never had casting reel with clicking drag before so just wondering if it's normal, compared to spinning reels its not very audible.
It's not loud compared to a spinning reel, but I could hear mine clearly when a fish took drag. I had it backed down a little for the light-wire jigs on Ned rigs and 3" Swing Impacts.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Bronzeye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bronzeye » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:39 pm

[quote="Hobie-Wan Kenobi"]Some palming pics. And outdoor shots.

I notice in your palming photo that the line has been pushed out of the levelwind slot by the slope of your finger. I have read some angler's complaint about this very phenomenon. Seems that this could set up line dig-in under load.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:54 pm

Bronzeye wrote:
Hobie-Wan Kenobi wrote:Some palming pics. And outdoor shots.

I notice in your palming photo that the line has been pushed out of the levelwind slot by the slope of your finger. I have read some angler's complaint about this very phenomenon. Seems that this could set up line dig-in under load.
The lure is hooked on the hookeeper. The line doesnt get "bumped" when I palm it and reel in. The casting video will show me reeling like that. The line lays nicely on the spool.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:28 pm

My LH 8 arrived this afternoon so I strapped it on a Megabass X7 Super Eiger and spooled up with some lighter line and fished it with a 1/16 oz. jighead and a panfish plastic. I caught a bunch of decent gills and enjoyed the palming profile of the reel immensely. I think without any special tuning, and a rod more capable of this type of finesse presentation, this iteration of the Steez will prove to be VERY finesse capable right out of the box. I'll fish it on a bunch of different rods in different situations to learn it well, but out of the box, it's finesse capabilities are impressive, and it's small frame and light weight stature are a joy as well. I'll be putting in time with this one, my first of more than one I can already tell... we have them all in stock guys :D

www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:02 pm

Ok, so I have fished the reel on 4 different occasions. I threw a T-rigged trick worm w/ 1/16 oz bullet, a 3" Swing Impact on 1/15 and 1/10 oz Shroomz heads(ned head) and a weightless Super Fluke. I fished it on a Phenix Maxim 6-10 ML Mod-fast, a 6-10ML extra-fast MC Go Emotion 6-7 ML BFS and a 6-5 UL MC Corzza. I am overall extremely impressed with this reel....so much so that Im selling off a few other things in order to purchase more of them. Once dialed in, casting and skipping is a joy. No fluff, no overrun, just laser-like accuracy. The casts are very flat, low-trajectory casts, no big rainbows here. I have never had a reel that I just point the rod and it almost reads my mind. The palming is great, even better than my much-loved Alphas and Pixies. The smoothness is unreal. A few times, I actually caught myself looking down at the reel to make sure the spool was turning as I reeled....only to realize that I would have heard a click-click-click if the drag was slipping. Speaking of which, I wasnt sure if I would like the clicking drag when I first pulled the reel out of the box. After using it, I can't see why all finesse-oriented reels don't have that feature. It gave me an instant indicator when the drag slipped, so I knew how much I could lean on a fish. I have 15# braid on the reel, so line breakage wasn't what I considered; however, I was concerned about too much pressure equaling a straightened hook. The clicker gave me the confidence to fight a fish intelligently, much like using an "egg-beater" (but without the line twist worries). I did try a 2 gram Rapala floater, and the reel was adequate, though I suspect the 15# braid I was using hindered the distance somewhat. With some limp 8# braid, I'm confident that the reel would be just fine for 1/16 oz. My only ding against the reel is the plastic drqg star. For a flagship reel, I dont think an aluminum star is too much to ask. I know that would have added a few grams, but it would have been worth it imho. Thanks to a certain friend (you know who you are), I now have this one, an Alphas CT on the way and the cash in hand to purchase another Steez CT when they come back in stock.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:48 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Ok, so I have fished the reel on 4 different occasions. I threw a T-rigged trick worm w/ 1/16 oz bullet, a 3" Swing Impact on 1/15 and 1/10 oz Shroomz heads(ned head) and a weightless Super Fluke. I fished it on a Phenix Maxim 6-10 ML Mod-fast, a MC Go Emotion 6-7 ML BFS and a 6-5 UL MC Corzza. I am overall extremely impressed with this reel....so much so that Im selling off a few other things in order to purchase more of them. Once dialed in, casting and skipping is a joy. No fluff, no overrun, just laser-like accuracy. The casts are very flat, low-trajectory casts, no big rainbows here. I have never had a reel that I just point the rod and it almost reads my mind. The palming is great, even better than my much-loved Alphas and Pixies. The smoothness is unreal. A few times, I actually caught myself looking down at the reel to make sure the spool was turning as I reeled....only to realize that I would have heard a click-click-click if the drag was slipping. Speaking of which, I wasnt sure if I would like the clicking drag when I first pulled the reel out of the box. After using it, I can't see why all finesse-oriented reels don't have that feature. It gave me an instant indicator when the drag slipped, so I knew how much I could lean on a fish. I have 15# braid on the reel, so line breakage wasn't what I considered;however, I was concerned about too much pressure equaling a straightened hook. The clicker gave me the confidence to fight a fish intelligently, much like using an "egg-beater" (but without the line twist worries. I did try a 2 gram Rapala floater, and the reel was adequate, though I suspect the 15# braid I was using hindered the distance somewhat. With some limp 8# braid, I'm confident that the reel would be just fine for 1/16 oz. My only ding against the reel is the plastic drqg star. For a flagship reel, I dont think an aluminum star is too much to ask. I know that would have added a few grams, but it would have been worth it imho. Thanks to a certain friend (you know who you are), I now have this one, an Alphas CT on the way and the cash in hand to purchase another Steez CT when they come back in stock.
\:D/ You talk with my mouth! Reel is absolutely awesome.

I tested casting with measure tape different lures with CT and it Surpasses Steez 1016 SV TW with every weight I cast.
10,3g jig with 10g head threw 147ft with CT and 124ft with 1016 for example. Same rod, same line, spool full.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:08 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:Ok, so I have fished the reel on 4 different occasions. I threw a T-rigged trick worm w/ 1/16 oz bullet, a 3" Swing Impact on 1/15 and 1/10 oz Shroomz heads(ned head) and a weightless Super Fluke. I fished it on a Phenix Maxim 6-10 ML Mod-fast, a 6-10ML extra-fast MC Go Emotion 6-7 ML BFS and a 6-5 UL MC Corzza. I am overall extremely impressed with this reel....so much so that Im selling off a few other things in order to purchase more of them. Once dialed in, casting and skipping is a joy. No fluff, no overrun, just laser-like accuracy. The casts are very flat, low-trajectory casts, no big rainbows here. I have never had a reel that I just point the rod and it almost reads my mind. The palming is great, even better than my much-loved Alphas and Pixies. The smoothness is unreal. A few times, I actually caught myself looking down at the reel to make sure the spool was turning as I reeled....only to realize that I would have heard a click-click-click if the drag was slipping. Speaking of which, I wasnt sure if I would like the clicking drag when I first pulled the reel out of the box. After using it, I can't see why all finesse-oriented reels don't have that feature. It gave me an instant indicator when the drag slipped, so I knew how much I could lean on a fish. I have 15# braid on the reel, so line breakage wasn't what I considered; however, I was concerned about too much pressure equaling a straightened hook. The clicker gave me the confidence to fight a fish intelligently, much like using an "egg-beater" (but without the line twist worries). I did try a 2 gram Rapala floater, and the reel was adequate, though I suspect the 15# braid I was using hindered the distance somewhat. With some limp 8# braid, I'm confident that the reel would be just fine for 1/16 oz. My only ding against the reel is the plastic drqg star. For a flagship reel, I dont think an aluminum star is too much to ask. I know that would have added a few grams, but it would have been worth it imho. Thanks to a certain friend (you know who you are), I now have this one, an Alphas CT on the way and the cash in hand to purchase another Steez CT when they come back in stock.
I kinda figured as much with all the reels you have posted in the classifieds.