MB jerkbait rod?

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Agentboost
Angler
Angler

MB jerkbait rod?

Post by Agentboost » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:19 pm

Thinking about picking up another rod for jerkbaits, using a Black Jungle Shallow Fast Moving Special, that I will use only for 110+
Rod will be mainly used for MB vision 110 and 110jr. I was think of getting the USA Oneten Special, Hein ( 17' Carbon head JDM ) or Eliminator (17' Carbon Head JDM).

Any thoughts on which is better out of the three rods listed or I'm over looking any other MB rods better suited for jerkbaits?
Rod will be pair with a Steez variant.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: MB jerkbait rod?

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:41 am

Megabass makes some fantastic jerk bait rods in both the US and JDM market. The US Destroyer Oneten Special is highly versatile, light, sensitive, and a lot of fun to fish. The Hein is lighter in power however similar in action to Oneten Special, but it can still handle a Vision 110 and a 110 JR with ease. I've fished both of these rods extensively and often use them for techniques other than treble hook moving baits. The extra fast action they feature has become more popular with Vision 110 fans due to their ability to impart a quick, hard darting action on the 110. The added bonus for both of these is the additional versatility for single hook applications.

The Eliminator is a very nice treble hook moving bait rod too. It's shorter and slower in action but has plenty of power to fish the 110 very well. It also makes a great top water walking bait or popper type rod.

The 18 Destroyer Evoluzion F3-68ti Ultimate Griffon is an enthusiast level treble moving bait rod that's ideal for the Vision 110 among many other treble moving baits. It has a slower action that loads and casts the 110 exceptionally well, especially with a Steez variant (tuned up with some ZPI goodies even better). A lot of guys still prefer slower action rods for jerk bait fishing, especially the Vision 110 and it's variants because the hooks are ultra sharp but very thin. This rod excels at protecting those lighter wire hooks and keeping fish pinned.

Best of luck on your search and feel free to shoot me a PM if I can help get you set up with the rod of your choice!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:41 pm

Gary thanks for gracing us with your presence and abundance of ever-growing information my man thank you 8-) \:D/

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:54 pm

I didn’t think I’d was going to like it but the deep throat custom is not a bad choice I’m just saying
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:58 pm

Cristo wrote:Gary thanks for gracing us with your presence and abundance of ever-growing information my man thank you 8-) \:D/
I'm proud to be a member here indeed, and thank you for the hilarious vid clip posting!! I hope to become more active this year as I've been on somewhat of a hiatus from posting and information sharing. Life is changing fast and in a good way in my world with a lot more time on my hands upcoming!
goldrod wrote:I didn’t think I’d was going to like it but the deep throat custom is not a bad choice I’m just saying
JL - for those guys liking a much more parabolic flex to their jerk bait fishing, that rod definitely gets it done.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:16 am

The deepthroat custom is absolutely a treble hook monster per Goldie! Gary good luck and best Vibes and wishes out to you and your family we haven't spoken in awhile hope all is well my friend hopefully I'll get myself back in the game! myself I've been pretty busy too we'll talk soon 8-)

Agentboost
Angler
Angler

Post by Agentboost » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:03 pm

Thanks for the info, After talking to Gary. I end up going with a Megabass F3-68ti Ultimate Griffon. Paired with a Steez SV TWS 7.1
Can't wait to get the rod, will be my first Evoluzion C40 rod.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:01 pm

Very nice =D> let us know how she fishes 8-)

TravisNY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TravisNY » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:46 pm

Agentboost wrote:Thanks for the info, After talking to Gary. I end up going with a Megabass F3-68ti Ultimate Griffon. Paired with a Steez SV TWS 7.1
Well done sir.
Team flannel, overtime and promotion.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:59 am

Agentboost wrote:Thanks for the info, After talking to Gary. I end up going with a Megabass F3-68ti Ultimate Griffon. Paired with a Steez SV TWS 7.1
Awesome combo. The Evo’s are great rods.

Another MB jerkbait rod if you need more than one/a little more backbone is the Elseil.

smallies
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by smallies » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:15 pm

I think Megabass makes the best jerk bait rods out there