Christmas Gluttony

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Christmas Gluttony

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:32 am

I'm going to start this Christmas thread so I and other TT members can share some gluttonous Christmas items you might be eyeing for yourself or others. Feel free to post and comment! I will probobly do a few today as I have time.

Roman Made Like Bite 105- $48, 15 grams, 105mm, hand painted topwater. (5 colors)

They also make a 120mm and 130mm, but I havent seem to find any of those.
Like bite.JPG
Like bite.JPG (265.7 KiB) Viewed 6386 times
Bonus Video for you. Now I see what they are doing with all of these profits, nicest video I have ever seen for a topwater ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqk4CpVRSZQ

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Christmas Gluttony

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:52 pm

Another couple of items I am considering, both by Studio Composite.

Japan's answer to the rattle trap. The Racipro...

$32, 95mm, 32-42 grams depending on if you want a low floater or fast sinker. Baby Bass here is pretty bad ass. I really think I could make this a productive bait in the deep clear reservoirs I fish. Fall and Winter they are deep and like big baits.
Racipro.JPG
Racipro.JPG (264.74 KiB) Viewed 6336 times
So, I have a Lin 10 Mars that I've never used because I stole the handle off of it to try to make my Steez A less ugly. In my search to find a worthy new handle for the Mars, I come accross these beauties...

This here is the 96MM, and those nobs still look stupid big. Believe it or not they have another version with bigger nobs. $215 on Hedgehog, but I found them for around $170. That Red would be the perfect compliment to the Mars. I don't think there is anything I couldn't crank with that union.
bigcrank.jpg
bigcrank.jpg (117.57 KiB) Viewed 6336 times

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Whether it appeals to me (most of the time) or not, you find very interesting tidbits. I think I browse the same sites, but perhaps not. This enhances my tt experience.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:44 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:Whether it appeals to me (most of the time) or not, you find very interesting tidbits. I think I browse the same sites, but perhaps not. This enhances my tt experience.
Thanks man, at least I am entertaining someone besides myself :lol:
That handle would look nice on your Bear Steez!!

Reservoir
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Reservoir » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Wow, that Lure reminds me of a linker punker.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:23 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:I'm going to start this Christmas thread so I and other TT members can share some gluttonous Christmas items you might be eyeing for yourself or others. Feel free to post and comment! I will probobly do a few today as I have time.
Roman Made Like Bite 105- $48, 15 grams, 105mm, hand painted topwater. (5 colors)
Like bite.JPG
Bonus Video for you. Now I see what they are doing with all of these profits, nicest video I have ever seen for a topwater ad.
Thanks for sharing info on that bait and the video! Really enjoyed it!

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:18 am

Splurged, cause everyone needs to enjoy the holidays!

Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:34 am

389Maverick wrote:Splurged, cause everyone needs to enjoy the holidays!

Thats a sweet sweet combo. Congrats!

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:03 am

Pre Christmas Mailcall Arrived.
First Batch from Tackle Trap: (tools to get all of my bearings in order)
-HH Air Ceramics: Crazy loud, and somewhat subdued out of the bag, cleaned them well and now they spin forever dry but still make a raquet
-Knob/Bearing Picker: Very handy
-Bearing Holder/Guage: Indispensible while cleaning bearings with areosol
-Shaft Pin Remover: Makes it a breeze
Looking forward to cleaning all of my spool bearings, it's actually enjoyable with all the right tools
rsz_bearing.jpg
rsz_bearing.jpg (151.88 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
Second Batch from Japan
Left to Right:
-Air BFS Bearings: Again does not spin well out of the bag, will try cleaning, still deciding where this will go, might end up on the MB IS BFS spool I have on the way
-Studio Composite Recipro: Great looking handmade trap. Didn't know I needed to buy hooks seperate, it's a monster. Will probobly end up finding some twin hooks to reduce the chance of losing the beast.
-ZPI M Spool: Damn this thing is light. Still need to sort out the de-magnatizer. Going to be a great visual match to the Heartland it will eventually go on and hopefully it compliments my skipping setup.
-Jackall TN50 Silent (guess they used to be Lake Police). Been wanting to find try a silent
-Geecrack Cornhead Jr Jig head: Neat looking 90 degree jighead that I can use for a variety of applications
-Studio Composite 96MM Carbon Handle and knobs XL: I had no idea this thing would be so massive (see below for some perspective) Was going to put on my Lin 10 for deep cranking or the Battler for Swimbaits. Think I might have to buy a bigger reel, Black Jungle, Zillion HD, or Ryoga 1520. We will see. It didn't come with the screw that you need to attach it to the reel, have to buy that seperatly :shock:
-Geecrack BB Mustang 50: Amazing looking jointed 1/4 oz nuckle plug
-Geecrack Revival Plastic- A pin tail soft bait that looks like it is built for drop shot duty. Great color and feel
-Geecrack Imoripper Plastric- A pintail fat stickbait. This thing will be all businees, Neko, light Jika. I can tell it will flat out work. Great Color
-MB Dragon Call Mild Fluro 10#- Never tried this before. Wished I would have gotten 12# so I could put it on the ZPI M. Will end up on my STZ Limited/Oltre for Jerkbaits and light Plastics
-Seguar R-18 Fluro #7- Will end up on my MB Honeycomb and will be flying through the TT guides of the Fenwick Techno GP that should be here Friday.
rsz_shabang.jpg
rsz_shabang.jpg (209.09 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
rsz_recipro_perspective.jpg
rsz_recipro_perspective.jpg (169.53 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
rsz_sc_96mm.jpg
rsz_sc_96mm.jpg (172.81 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
rsz_geek.jpg
rsz_geek.jpg (171.93 KiB) Viewed 5984 times

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:24 am

Lol I thought that was just a tiny carbon handle like 3 inches long until I saw it on the mars and with those giant knobs.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:50 pm

LowRange wrote:Lol I thought that was just a tiny carbon handle like 3 inches long until I saw it on the mars and with those giant knobs.
Yep, it was a bit of a kick in the beans when I opened the box and saw how huge that handle/knob actually is, 29XL... frickin huge.
I did run across a 25L on a 92MM handle, that would have been perfect for either of the reels I intended to put this one on. Unfortunatly it was made for special for Backlash Proshop and they don't ship international.

Maybe I can figure out how to make it into a twin knob handle for my Exist.. :?:

Here compared to a 27XL which is smaller than mine.
25L.jpg
25L.jpg (8.6 KiB) Viewed 5947 times

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:52 pm

The 1st pic is a heck of a mind trip. If you reference what appears to be a tiny carbon handle to the liples s crank near center then you assume the handle is indeed tiny. It turns out both the knobs of the handle and the lipless crank are very large. :laugh1:

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:20 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:
389Maverick wrote:Splurged, cause everyone needs to enjoy the holidays!

Thats a sweet sweet combo. Congrats!

Sir,
Incoming PM
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:56 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:I'm going to start this Christmas thread so I and other TT members can share some gluttonous Christmas items you might be eyeing for yourself or others. Feel free to post and comment! I will probobly do a few today as I have time.

Like bite.JPG

I couldn't resist and had to grab one of these (120mm). Like other Roman Made baits the craftsmanship is top notch so I am not sure yet if I am going to fish it or just stare at it :lol:

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:01 pm

Bought this on December 22 from Singapore and I have my fingers crossed that it gets here in one piece. :lol:
I have owned one before, sold it and regretted it and bought another one. Now I need a reel for it.