ZPI NRC001PG... Anyone knows what is the use of ....

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ZPI NRC001PG... Anyone knows what is the use of ....

Post by bronzefly » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:10 am

SSS wrote:7.5g for a deep spool? Can i have a shallow spool of that weight for a pixy or the steez? Please ZPI [-o<
Bryan at The Tackle Trap just calculated the weight of the ZPI PG at 7.32g and the ZPI M spool at 7.16g. The M spool drops right into the Steez and is awesome in there!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:14 pm

The PG spool does just fine with braid. I’ve had one spooled with #30 since they were first in stock at Tackle Trap. The spool performs amazing in a Tdz. Not the same results in a steez sv tw.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:18 am

Rippin-lips wrote:The PG spool does just fine with braid. I’ve had one spooled with #30 since they were first in stock at Tackle Trap. The spool performs amazing in a Tdz. Not the same results in a steez sv tw.
Performs worse in a steez tw?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:49 am

I am wanting to use the M version (shallow) for 3/16 heads and 3.3" Keitechs, also maybe 1/8 for the same lure and 4" Easy Shiners. I already know it will bomb the 3.8" w/ 3/16-1/4 because even the stock spool does that. Just wondering about the 1/8 to 1/16 weighted lighter plastics like finesse worms (shaky heads) or neko rigs. Rod will be a 7'Medium or at heaviest a 7'3"MH Tatula Elite. I am still not sure that my Abu 7'Medium's aren't just as strong as the 7'3"MH Tatula Elite though. For now my SV105 on a TFO ML dropshot rod is hard to beat for light stuff. Just like the extra backbone with 10-14lb fluoro on the Zillion SV's, Steez A, and Chronarch MGL. That's why I shied away from the 7'M/MH AGS Tatula Elite, don't want it to be too weak...

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:59 am

just sharing with you what I did today...

Spool the line with YGK Pe.3: 55lb braid. 75 meters
ZPI Spool .jpg
ZPI Spool .jpg (170.42 KiB) Viewed 5567 times
Show it to the experience angler here which he doesn't need to dial side/any brake at all and i was told the ZPI spool will be awesome for beginner but if an experience great caster who is looking for the longest distance and this might not be the right spool.... He also said the stock spool that comes with Steez A is more than enough.... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ...

Well.... I am not a great caster and I might need this and I do hope it works well throwing 3/4 spinnerbaits and 1 oz top water plugs :)

What do you all think??? :)
ZPI3.jpg
ZPI3.jpg (187.79 KiB) Viewed 5567 times
Regards,
WW

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:01 am

The Steez A spool I have weighs 13 grams with bearing. The spool you showed is HALF that. It should definitely make one heck of an improvement, maybe he just meant the Steez A spool was enough for him? Mine is enough for most applications but I am sure a ZPI would be better...

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:31 pm

SSS wrote:
Rippin-lips wrote:The PG spool does just fine with braid. I’ve had one spooled with #30 since they were first in stock at Tackle Trap. The spool performs amazing in a Tdz. Not the same results in a steez sv tw.
Performs worse in a steez tw?
Yes, in my experience with it on the water. PG in a Tdz can go low on the brake dial and get good distance plus control. PG in the new steez I had to keep the dial about 6-7 and the distance was ok but to try and gain more by lowering the brake dial it wanted to act up. It lost some of the control and it was easy to tell. It didn’t perform any better than the stock steez 1016 sv spool. The zillion 1016 sv spool for me was a touch more controlled in the steez sv tw and got the same distance and a hair more. Testing was done with a weightless senko (3/8) and a sk 1.5 squarebill.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:27 am

DirtyD64 wrote:The Steez A spool I have weighs 13 grams with bearing. The spool you showed is HALF that. It should definitely make one heck of an improvement, maybe he just meant the Steez A spool was enough for him? Mine is enough for most applications but I am sure a ZPI would be better...
Hi DIrtyD64,

a friend of mine never dials any break at all and I always have either a click or 2 on the dial (Steez A). He could be one of the best caster in this area. He is a weekend angler and he goes fishing every weekend while I only go fishing every 3 months :doh: :doh: :doh: .... He also complains so much about the SV Spool which is not a good spool cause it has so much breaking power while I think SV is an awesome spool.... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

The latest reel my friend likes the most is the Daiwa 18 Zillion TW HD.... I was like....... Wow... aren't those spool having the same magforce brake system (Fixed Inductor/rotor system).... Anyway he has not seen ZPI in flesh so he might not know much about it. :)

Anyway I hope ZPI would be better spool compare to 1016 SV G1... :)

Regards,
WW

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:46 pm

ZPI spools are bananas :big grin:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:09 pm

Cristo wrote:ZPI spools are bananas :big grin:
I just want to know for the price obtainable, ZPI-$130 RCS G1 1012-$110, which is a better deal??? I would like the control of the SV, but most people are saying the ZPI is more than capable of controlling lighter lures too. You do get the 2 bearings with the ZPI spool too though... 7 grams with bearing is just... Well you know...

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:43 am

I don't know if you need my friend but good luck in your search I myself picked up 4.

saySpiers
Angler
Angler

Post by saySpiers » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:16 am

domthewon wrote:I believe the washer covers the magnet to help replace the side plates bearing. I never even used my washer. Spool is all the hype though. It’s a PG (power game) spool and meant for 16lb fl line. Should be ok for heavy weights even though it feels slightly fragile in hand. I’m using my spool to skip heavier t rigs and jigs 3/4+ tW and it is even better in my Steez A than the g1 Sv.
Does this spool drop straight into a Steez A? I just ordered one but I don't know what reel imma get to put it in yet... Thanks

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:33 am

I wished they made one in all black,
They are good in my TD-Z Type R+ reels and the PG is a topwater throwing dream.
I cast and watch the spool do its on thing. .. thinking about getting another myself
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:05 am

saySpiers wrote:
domthewon wrote:I believe the washer covers the magnet to help replace the side plates bearing. I never even used my washer. Spool is all the hype though. It’s a PG (power game) spool and meant for 16lb fl line. Should be ok for heavy weights even though it feels slightly fragile in hand. I’m using my spool to skip heavier t rigs and jigs 3/4+ tW and it is even better in my Steez A than the g1 Sv.
Does this spool drop straight into a Steez A? I just ordered one but I don't know what reel imma get to put it in yet... Thanks
Yes sir. Direct swap. It comes with a bearing on the spool and one for the side plate. I can’t remember if the side plate bearing fit the Steez A or if I bought an extra zpi bearing to fit. I own 6 pgs and 2 m spools so I can’t really remember which reel needs the different size side plate bearing. The bearing is not absolutely necessary but will help bring out the full potential of the spool. Tackletrap had them in stock last time I checked and they can confirm the bearing for you.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:29 pm

just ordered the purple one for one of these ideas in my head..
PG of course.. of the two, the PG is the bees cheese.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible