ZPI NRC001PG... Anyone knows what is the use of ....

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

ZPI NRC001PG... Anyone knows what is the use of ....

Post by wirinhar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:22 am

Hi All,

Received ZPI NRC001PG and it is super light spool. I am wondering if it will withstand the heavy covers???

It is only 7.5 grams :)
ZPI spool 1.jpg
ZPI spool 1.jpg (174.66 KiB) Viewed 6379 times

For those who have ZPI Spool, Will you please share your experiences with us here?
ZPI2.jpg
ZPI2.jpg (204.18 KiB) Viewed 6379 times
Thank you all in advance,
WW
Last edited by wirinhar on Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: ZPI NRC001PG... Anyone knows what is the use of ....

Post by domthewon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:50 am

I believe the washer covers the magnet to help replace the side plates bearing. I never even used my washer. Spool is all the hype though. It’s a PG (power game) spool and meant for 16lb fl line. Should be ok for heavy weights even though it feels slightly fragile in hand. I’m using my spool to skip heavier t rigs and jigs 3/4+ tW and it is even better in my Steez A than the g1 Sv.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 am

domthewon wrote:I believe the washer covers the magnet to help replace the side plates bearing. I never even used my washer. Spool is all the hype though. It’s a PG (power game) spool and meant for 16lb fl line. Should be ok for heavy weights even though it feels slightly fragile in hand. I’m using my spool to skip heavier t rigs and jigs 3/4+ tW and it is even better in my Steez A than the g1 Sv.
Thanks so much for info regarding the steal washer. I was doing editing the original post cause I went to the ZPI side and checked it out.

Glad to hear your experience on the ZPI spool.

Once again, Thank you so much, Sir!!!

Regards,
WW

fishingkat
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishingkat » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:20 am

I had the same thoughts as you when I got mine.

But have tested it out on some big fish and no problems what so ever. 100% lock drag kinda fishing.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:02 am

fishingkat wrote:I had the same thoughts as you when I got mine.

But have tested it out on some big fish and no problems what so ever. 100% lock drag kinda fishing.
Thanks for info.

WW

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:46 am

Really eyeing one of these spools for a Steez A. I have heard the purple doesn't quite match the lock plate but oh well. That fixed inductor confuses me, but for fluorocarbon I hear having perpetual magnetic force isn't a bad thing. My Tatula HD really casted well with 15lb fluoro before I sold it, and that was with mid to heavy lures and a ridiculously heavy spool.

Just still searching for an answer... Is this ZPI PG, the ZPI M, or even the 1012 SV G1 worth the price gap over the Zillion SV TW spool? The Zillion SV TW spool is already awesome in the Steez A, is the +$120 price worth a spool upgrade? Or am I better off buying a new rod or using that money elsewhere?

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:03 pm

From my personal experience both PG and M, I have dropped in on my 4 IS variants. All IMHO are phenomenal. My PGs are laced up with 15lb, 16lb, and 18lb fluorocarbon. My M is 10lb floroclear. Very sexy and highly functional spools :big grin: Jigs, reaction baits etc....they operate so smooth and effortless 8-)

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:38 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:Really eyeing one of these spools for a Steez A. I have heard the purple doesn't quite match the lock plate but oh well. That fixed inductor confuses me, but for fluorocarbon I hear having perpetual magnetic force isn't a bad thing. My Tatula HD really casted well with 15lb fluoro before I sold it, and that was with mid to heavy lures and a ridiculously heavy spool.

Just still searching for an answer... Is this ZPI PG, the ZPI M, or even the 1012 SV G1 worth the price gap over the Zillion SV TW spool? The Zillion SV TW spool is already awesome in the Steez A, is the +$120 price worth a spool upgrade? Or am I better off buying a new rod or using that money elsewhere?
I will be back on the water about a month from now and I wish i can give you my opinion about ZPI spool :) .

Agree with you on the Zillion SV TW spool which is great enough in the Steez A and I haven't had a chance to try the SLP 1016 SV G1 yet...

Anyway, I can buy 2 Zillion SV TW spools + a change on my pocket with what I have purchased on the ZPI ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ...

Well.... been reading to much here...LOL......

So i just went for it.

Regards,
WW

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Cristo wrote:From my personal experience both PG and M, I have dropped in on my 4 IS variants. All IMHO are phenomenal. My PGs are laced up with 15lb, 16lb, and 18lb fluorocarbon. My M is 10lb floroclear. Very sexy and highly functional spools :big grin: Jigs, reaction baits etc....they operate so smooth and effortless 8-)
your previous topic made me want to have one :lol: :lol: :lol: and I went for it.

I hope it will work well for me.

WW

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:42 pm

This ZPI pg spool feels like a sv spool for slightly heavier weight baits and line. It is very controllable, and very responsive. I put 14lb sniper on it, and swear my line looks like I just put it on after a few uses, and may casts and skips. I don't think I have ever even seen it fluff up. I have to turn the brakes off to 0 and mechanical brake knob pretty loose, but am able to skip a wacky senko with a half of a light nail weight extremely well. It's as light as I have, or will try on it. In my opinion it is also noticeably better than my G1 sv spools in the steez a or svtw or zillion svtw with 3/8 up for the way I fish. I hope I'm not the guy overhyping this thing, but it's impressive, and fun to fish.
Dom
IMG_4904.JPG
IMG_4904.JPG (117.56 KiB) Viewed 6256 times

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:17 pm

Umm your Steez A is purdier than mine...

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 am

DirtyD64 wrote:Umm your Steez A is purdier than mine...
:lol: Thanks. I always feel like I have to post a pic of what I’m talking about so people don’t think I’m talking outta my butt. It is the internet after all.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 am

I'll toss this little side note it in there too for people on the verge. I'm about done with the fluorocarbon experiment and I'm probably going to take one of my spools and get it prepped for braid, say 30-40lb. stay tuned for that ;)

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:18 am

I have always heard that the ZPI spools are intended for use with 10-16lb fluorocarbon. Would be nice to hear about how they do with braid. As of now I only have 30lb braid on a 6'6"Avid X with a Zillion TWS and DIY spool, and 50lb on an old Tatula Type R (non CT). I have gotten more used to braid and it is on ALL of my spinning setups now, just cannot commit to using it on bait casters.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 pm

7.5g for a deep spool? Can i have a shallow spool of that weight for a pixy or the steez? Please ZPI [-o<