Mail Call

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Mail Call

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:28 pm

Man, Swindle cracks me up! If you ever get the chance to meet him, don't skip it. He is funny like that all the time.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:55 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:Received a small order from JP Angler. I really like this shop, ships quick has a nice variety of items I am interested in, and packs with Japanese Newspaper! Placed an order at PS K the same day, and I just received a shipment notification today. At least he tells you up front that he takes forever...
Goodies...continue to fill my jerkbait box with various X-whatever. Picked up a Vision 95 Auto Roller, a X-70, and a couple of my favorites the X-80 jr. Some sweet looking tungsten nail weights to jam into my Dot Crawlers, and also some knot guards to try out covering my "Swindle Double Shindo Over-The-Creek, Beside-The-Barn Foothole Knot" which has 3 algae grabbing tag ends. If you never seen the video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76O_M5TDXWw
The only big disappointment of the bunch. The 2 MB reel covers, what the heck..these things must have been made to fit Shrapnel's. Big and ill fitting. Going to have to dump these somewhere.
rsz_img_1604.jpg
Yup, those reel covers I believe were designed for the Lin. They fit my Conquest 401 perfectly.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:22 am

The cover in the bottom of the pic is covering my Lin 10, it's like a hot dog in a hallway. The 401 is about the size of a Shrapnel. Offering 2 for free pickup in Las Vegas.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Got my asian portal trial run. will order from them again. Sorry for the crappy pics. haven't figured out the right size.
Dom
IMG_4892.JPG
IMG_4892.JPG (133.04 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
IMG_4890.JPG
IMG_4890.JPG (124.49 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
IMG_4889.JPG
IMG_4889.JPG (60.63 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
IMG_4888.JPG
IMG_4888.JPG (76.71 KiB) Viewed 6219 times

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Wow. That was quick. Looks like some sweet stuff! Love that Megabass Tackle bag/reel bag/picnic basket... :lol:
Think I will place a small order this week. Been itching on a hard to find rod they have on the website, a bad itch. But it will have to wait.

The one thing I noticed on the website is they have most of the Shimano's at a really good price. Less than most of the other JDM sites. Throw in free shipping and wowza. Their upper end daiwa's (steez especially) are substantially more.

Rods are pricey, but I actually think they ship free.

rocketsurgeon
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rocketsurgeon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Aquaftm45 wrote:Wow. That was quick. Looks like some sweet stuff! Love that Megabass Tackle bag/reel bag/picnic basket... :lol:
Think I will place a small order this week. Been itching on a hard to find rod they have on the website, a bad itch. But it will have to wait.

The one thing I noticed on the website is they have most of the Shimano's at a really good price. Less than most of the other JDM sites. Throw in free shipping and wowza. Their upper end daiwa's (steez especially) are substantially more.

Rods are pricey, but I actually think they ship free.
Cool, I am feeling better and better about ordering from them. Also going to purchase a hard to find shore jigging rod that they list as having in stock.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:37 pm

Not a huge haul, but a couple weeks back I was able to grab one of my favorite frogs in some fun JDM colors
Attachments
K2.jpg
K2.jpg (103.24 KiB) Viewed 6193 times

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:38 pm

domthewon wrote:Got my asian portal trial run. will order from them again. Sorry for the crappy pics. haven't figured out the right size.
Dom

IMG_4892.JPG
IMG_4890.JPG
IMG_4889.JPG
IMG_4888.JPG
Great stuff. I’ve fallen in the trap of throwing the same old stuff the past couple months. I should challenge myself to do one of these jdm grab bags.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:03 pm

evilcatfish wrote:Not a huge haul, but a couple weeks back I was able to grab one of my favorite frogs in some fun JDM colors
Those are some badazz looking frogs. I find great joy in catching fish on lures you know the fish has never seen and no one else is slinging. Took me a while to get past the losing of those lures, but I am gotten to the point of writing it off to bieng part of the game.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Been waiting on 3 shipment for more than a few weeks (it takes longer to get from LA to Vegas than it does from Japan to LA). Got back in town on Sunday to find all 3 of my packages had arrived! Here are 30 reasons I won't walk into BPS:
rsz_full_monte.jpg
rsz_full_monte.jpg (271.72 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
Some hardbait highlights...
-Jackall TN50/60 Trigon: The TN that threw up it's tungsen guts. Supposed to stand on it's face even better. I'm a huge fan of yoyo'ing the TN series so really excited to try these out.
-Jackall Riser Bait 008: Yes sir, 007/009 nearly impossible to find, but...but the 008 is a SW version of the 009. Same size same weight. Score, can't get this in the water soon enough!
-Some various Visions, thought I had bought the new one with LBO, but not so sure now, must re-inspect.
rsz_hardbait.jpg
rsz_hardbait.jpg (296.46 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
-Soft goods and a doppleganger: (order of excitement)
1. The Carp brand Japanese made PE cutting scissors. Wow! Cuts .16mm (3lb eq) soft braid with no tension with precision. Wow!
2. Evergreen Cut Gloves. "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit" Jonnie Cochran. I'm now guilty as sin, these gloves make me want to buy the new Rapid Gunner RSR
3. Monofiliment. It's been 10 years since I bought Mono, and I had to go big or go home. This is not your girlfriends mono.. Morethan Tripleten 1000 in a lucid purple (more on this later)
4. A backup spool for my Lin, G1 SV Deep Spool, perfect for the Morethan Mono. A little oranger than I anticipated
5. A Shimano Alda..somthing or other. It's taken me 50 years to buy my first Shimano and came across a deal I could not pass up. Plus I've wanted to buy a Jackall Poison for some time and can't put my Daiwa on it. Jury's out.
rsz_soft_goods.jpg
rsz_soft_goods.jpg (237.82 KiB) Viewed 6161 times
Pay no attention to the rod and reel, just showcasing my new spool and new line.
rsz_bras.jpg
rsz_bras.jpg (272.98 KiB) Viewed 6161 times

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm loving the hell out of this thread. If it's a little bit of a rough day I look at this thread and think hell yeah =D>

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:03 am

Just received a new order from Japan.

Several notes.
Evergreen Ultra Sledge - had one before - really liked it, lost it, this is a replacement for clear water lakes.
Can't beat the price - 1090Yen, roughly $10
New Megabass LBO, same thing - what's a point to buy a standard Oneten for $25, if I can get recently released bait with LBO internals for $17
Cool Viva frog, heard some great reviews about it - price 750YEN

Owner split rings, same thing - each pack come up for 202YEN, it means a split ring for roughly 10cents a piece.
Ask Owner WHY they don't bring Fine and Regular wire rings to US for that price and promote those hyperwire ring for a triple price. Being using those rings for many years, never had any issues in freshwater applications.
A pack of solid ring ballbearing swivels in size 0 (can't find that size locally)

Different Owner treble hooks - same thing can't beat the price, a pack of STY-35MF cost 480YEN (compare it to US price of $8.99)

P.S. Just buying Megabass OneTen LBO for $17 vs $25 I covered all my shipping cost.
Take advantage of low YEN and high variety of Japanese product available mostly overseas.

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:23 pm

Nice hall Cracker. Many people don't realize that if you like higher end Japanese tackle, it's often cheaper to buy through Japan. I think you and I got the same LBO!

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:38 pm

Small (in size) order from 7 Palms Proshop, straight from the shores of Lake Biwaa. A side note about them, I orginially found them in my seach on a supplier for a Luxxe Oltre and Luxxe Efreet, price was very good. Lowest shipping they would offer was $350. Needless to say I sources them elsewhere. They really have a nice selelection of reels that are hard to find. Lin's, Zonda's, Lauda's, 7 Palms Custom Reels, monoblocks, FX's and the SLP Tatula gem, I aquired. (They have 1 lefty in stock).

Onto the goods:
1. SLP Tatula, for $65 more than a standard I get a carbon handle, extra bearings, sweet black paint job, a purple SV spool, and the purple SLP cork knobs. Damn score!
2. LBO 110. Looks just like Cracker's, excited to cast this gem
3. Gancraft 108 Evil Rest Jerkbait in badazz color scheme. Putting it up against the LBO 110 today.
4. MB IxI Shad Type R. New MB lure...we will see how this works
5. MB Big-M (Big Mamma) 4.0. Bajesus, this thing is huge. I don't see a situation where I live where I say "Let me pull out the "Big Mamma" it's my best opportunity for fish today" Might save it for casting to Snook and Tarpon in FL
rsz_slp.jpg
rsz_slp.jpg (225.83 KiB) Viewed 6044 times

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Very nice haul indeed. I love this thread. May I ask if the 7palms shipping for a haul like this was normal? Unlike the rod shipping charges that is to say.