Evergreen Inspirare RS rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Evergreen Inspirare RS rods

Post by jmb27 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:27 pm

jpmoney wrote:
Thanks for the info on the egoist! Sounds like it would be good for power. Do you think it has the guts to pull 1/2oz spinnerbaits or 1/2 swim jigs with trailer through the weeds? Im just thinking versatility here, maybe this rod can do more than just bottom contact. I do have a MB diablo fastmove X7 - im wondering how the egoist would compare power wise?
Pretty good comparison (I have both rods as well). I think that the power is similar--I would call both rods MH+ (as ayo8 stated earlier for the Egoist). I do think that you shouldn't have a problem using the Egoist for that--it gets to the backbone pretty quickly. I think that it would be fine for "some" weeds, but I'd opt for something else if the weeds are closer to slop.

The taper is a bit quicker on the Egoist vis-a-vi the Diablo Fast Move, which for me means that I'd rather use the Egoist for bottom contact as I prefer a quicker rod for that. However, I think that for my tastes, I'd rather throw deeper diving cranks on the Diablo Fast Move (this is entirely subjective as some peeps may prefer a different taper than I do). Of course, I think that both rods handle single hook moving baits very well--I like throwing chatterbaits/swim jigs (big hammer tail w/jig head) on both.

For my tastes/comparison, I'd give the Egoist the edge on bottom contact, the Diablo Fast Move on treble hook lures and I have no preference between the two for moving single hook lures.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:46 am

jmb27 wrote:
jpmoney wrote:
Thanks for the info on the egoist! Sounds like it would be good for power. Do you think it has the guts to pull 1/2oz spinnerbaits or 1/2 swim jigs with trailer through the weeds? Im just thinking versatility here, maybe this rod can do more than just bottom contact. I do have a MB diablo fastmove X7 - im wondering how the egoist would compare power wise?
Pretty good comparison (I have both rods as well). I think that the power is similar--I would call both rods MH+ (as ayo8 stated earlier for the Egoist). I do think that you shouldn't have a problem using the Egoist for that--it gets to the backbone pretty quickly. I think that it would be fine for "some" weeds, but I'd opt for something else if the weeds are closer to slop.

The taper is a bit quicker on the Egoist vis-a-vi the Diablo Fast Move, which for me means that I'd rather use the Egoist for bottom contact as I prefer a quicker rod for that. However, I think that for my tastes, I'd rather throw deeper diving cranks on the Diablo Fast Move (this is entirely subjective as some peeps may prefer a different taper than I do). Of course, I think that both rods handle single hook moving baits very well--I like throwing chatterbaits/swim jigs (big hammer tail w/jig head) on both.

For my tastes/comparison, I'd give the Egoist the edge on bottom contact, the Diablo Fast Move on treble hook lures and I have no preference between the two for moving single hook lures.

Thanks for the details, this helps me out a lot to make a final decision on this rod. It sounds like the egoist is exactly what i am looking for.

Is there any differences between the black and tournament versions other than one grip being cork and the other eva foam? Im guessing the cork handle might be a bit more sensitive?

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:46 pm

jpmoney wrote:

Thanks for the details, this helps me out a lot to make a final decision on this rod. It sounds like the egoist is exactly what i am looking for.

Is there any differences between the black and tournament versions other than one grip being cork and the other eva foam? Im guessing the cork handle might be a bit more sensitive?
I have the tournament version. I believe the chief difference besides the eva vs half eva half cork split grip is that the guide trains are different. How this would change the rod's characteristics between the two models, I'm not sure.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search

It wasn't entirely clear from using google translate on the evergreen (Japanese) site.