Evergreen Inspirare RS rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Evergreen Inspirare RS rods

Post by jmb27 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:34 am

Has anyone fished with these? Looking for information on any of the models, in particular, the Stallion.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Evergreen Inspirare RS rods

Post by papabassin » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:11 am

I believe BassFisher83 has one

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:03 pm

I pulled the trigger on the grand cobra rs yesterday. Been eyeballing it for several months and I finally collapsed. I imagine it will be here soon-Japan shipping always seems crazy fast. The warmer weather has actually slowed down my bite this past week in FL some, but give me 2 weeks on the water and I can send first impressions.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Polkfish1 wrote:I pulled the trigger on the grand cobra rs yesterday. Been eyeballing it for several months and I finally collapsed. I imagine it will be here soon-Japan shipping always seems crazy fast. The warmer weather has actually slowed down my bite this past week in FL some, but give me 2 weeks on the water and I can send first impressions.
That rod looks great too. Post a review when you can.

If anyone can chime in on the Stallion RS, I'd be appreciative.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:52 am

I gotten the Grand Cobra RS (tournament), Grand Cobra (Black aurora) and the Super Stallion GT2RS. All Torayca T1100 blanks.

You open a thread awhile back

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=75707&start=30

The Grand Cobra's and the GTRS2 are phenomenal rods; very powerful, sensitive, and well balanced. Top tier evergreen rods.

i almost picked up the Stallion RS, but wanted a EG rods to throw swim-baits up to 4-5 oz and heavier jigs.

Hopefully someone will chime on the RS 6'8 Stallion.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 am

ayo8 wrote:I gotten the Grand Cobra RS (tournament), Grand Cobra (Black aurora) and the Super Stallion GT2RS. All Torayca T1100 blanks.

The Grand Cobra's and the GTRS2 are phenomenal rods; very powerful, sensitive, and well balanced. Top tier evergreen rods.

i almost picked up the Stallion RS, but wanted a EG rods to throw swim-baits up to 4-5 oz and heavier jigs.

If those RS models are top tier, I can't imagine the Stallion RS being below par. I started that earlier thread you linked; chose to start a new one ask specifically about the Stallion model. Essentially, I'm looking for a heavier version of the Shimano Poison Ultima 6'6" Versatile model (one of my fav rods) and was wondering how the Stallion stacked up. I've been impressed with the other Evergreen Rods I have (Impala, Black Racer, Egoist and Super Stallion).

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:42 am

Got a really, really good deal on the Evergreen Inspirare Stallion RS. I'll post some thoughts on it when I get a chance to fish it.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:02 pm

Grand cobra arrived today. No deals on this one, but I'm in awe so far. I want to take my time getting to know it and will also post thoughts.

mod squad
Angler
Angler

Post by mod squad » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 pm

The RS Stallion is a fantastic MH all around stick. I've had the rod for a few months. Purchased the rod with the intent of fishing
primarily jigs and soft plastics (sinkos). Most of the bodies of water I've been fishing,fish have been biting weightless sinkos weather 5" or 6" so that's all that I've had a chance to catch fish on the Stallion.
Sensitivity - trust me you'll know when fish are touching your lure. The stallion is a sensitive rod.
Power - nothing of real size yet with the Stallion yet 2.7# is about the largest bass I've caught so far. But I felt in control at all times, weather in open water or around cover with fish on the line.
So the rod feels lightweight yet powerful
I must admit I was using steez A pitching sinkos and I couldn't get in sync with that combo until I put a steez limited on the Stallion - that combo feels like the one when it come to pitching around targets.
I'm sure the rod can be use as a versitile tool with the taper it has not to soft not to stiff the same can be said of its action
not that fast but faster then regular
Performance wise you will not be disappointed with intended use
The only thing missing is the weave pattern on the blanks from the original kaleido line
Hope this helps

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:23 pm

Thanks for the review, mod squad. The rod is supposed to be here later this week and I'm looking forward to it.

Have you used any other baits with the rod?

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 am

jmb27 wrote:
ayo8 wrote:I gotten the Grand Cobra RS (tournament), Grand Cobra (Black aurora) and the Super Stallion GT2RS. All Torayca T1100 blanks.

If those RS models are top tier, I can't imagine the Stallion RS being below par. I started that earlier thread you linked; chose to start a new one ask specifically about the Stallion model. Essentially, I'm looking for a heavier version of the Shimano Poison Ultima 6'6" Versatile model (one of my fav rods) and was wondering how the Stallion stacked up. I've been impressed with the other Evergreen Rods I have (Impala, Black Racer, Egoist and Super Stallion).
Hi jmb27 - how do you like that EG egoist ? I am thinking about acquiring one of these and wanted to know if it is any good at bottom contact, jigs and t-rigs in the 3/16 to 3/8oz range? I would also want it for many other techniques as well. Is it really a "heavy" as stated in the specs or is it more of a MH? The line and lure ratings would lead me to believe it's a MH.

thx

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:58 pm

jpmoney wrote:
Hi jmb27 - how do you like that EG egoist ? I am thinking about acquiring one of these and wanted to know if it is any good at bottom contact, jigs and t-rigs in the 3/16 to 3/8oz range? I would also want it for many other techniques as well. Is it really a "heavy" as stated in the specs or is it more of a MH? The line and lure ratings would lead me to believe it's a MH.

thx
I like it. It is rated for 3/8 to 1 oz. lures. While I'm sure that it could fish bottom contact lures in the 3/16 - 3/8 oz. range, I do think that the rod would be a bit too "stiff" for my tastes with those lighter lures (under 3/8 oz). I've used the rod for single hook lures (like a big hammer on a swim jig head). The rod is versatile and can be used for many different techniques. If you are primarily fishing jigs/t-rigs in that weight range, the Black Raven might be a better choice within the Evergreen Kaleido line.

If you are familiar with the Gloomis MBR ratings, I would say that the Egoist would be just a touch below the 844 in terms of the power of the rod.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:39 pm

I have the egotist and use it strictly for bottom contact 3/8 -3/4 - Its one of the most sensitive Kaleido rods I fished.

I would rate the egotist an extra MH. The gunslinger I would rate at H, which i have as well and is similar to the egotist but has a bit more power and zip for jig fishing in cover. Both rods are very fast on the draw.

mod squad
Angler
Angler

Post by mod squad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 pm

jmb27 wrote:Thanks for the review, mod squad. The rod is supposed to be here later this week and I'm looking forward to it.

Have you used any other baits with the rod?
Most of the compatitions out here have been won with sinkos,just to keep up you had to be throughing em. I know that the rod was advertised as an all around mh, my intentions were to use it only as a 3/8 - 1/2 oz jig & sinko rod. Alternating between 12/15# flouro. Now I did toss a 4.3 fat on a weighted twist lock and it felt fine but no hookups. I will add from my experience with Evergreen rods,because these rods are so light with high end components& construction the right reel makes a huge difference in how it can make you feel while fishing them.

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jpmoney » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:41 am

jmb27 wrote:
jpmoney wrote:

thx
I like it. It is rated for 3/8 to 1 oz. lures. While I'm sure that it could fish bottom contact lures in the 3/16 - 3/8 oz. range, I do think that the rod would be a bit too "stiff" for my tastes with those lighter lures (under 3/8 oz). I've used the rod for single hook lures (like a big hammer on a swim jig head). The rod is versatile and can be used for many different techniques. If you are primarily fishing jigs/t-rigs in that weight range, the Black Raven might be a better choice within the Evergreen Kaleido line.

If you are familiar with the Gloomis MBR ratings, I would say that the Egoist would be just a touch below the 844 in terms of the power of the rod.

Thanks for the info on the egoist! Sounds like it would be good for power. Do you think it has the guts to pull 1/2oz spinnerbaits or 1/2 swim jigs with trailer through the weeds? Im just thinking versatility here, maybe this rod can do more than just bottom contact. I do have a MB diablo fastmove X7 - im wondering how the egoist would compare power wise?