Megabass Destroyer T.S POKER

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Megabass Destroyer T.S POKER

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:42 pm

I have had my eye on a T.S Poker for some time. I now have a reel on the way that I think will pair well with it, but I am still trying to figure out what all will WORK WELL with a 7'2, fast taper, 1/2 oz to 3 oz stick. For anyone who has one, or are very familiar with the rod some thoughts and feedback would be appriciated.
-In Megabass rod ratings, what F power would it be?
-How do you think it would balance with a 8oz low profile reel?
-Is this 2 peice at the handle, or just a full 1 peice?
- Will the eylets pass 50# Braid to a 40# Fluro Leader joined with an Alberto?
-Can I expect any type of casting distance out of it throwing a 3/4-1.5 oz semi aerodynamic lure?

Thoughts on possible uses: (I don't jig fish much)
Freshwater/Saltwater
-3/4 and 1oz Dark Sleepers worked through moderate cover
-1.25 to 2.5 oz MagDraft or Magslows modified single hook weedless and worked through moderate cover
-Slow Rolling 3/4 to 1oz Spinnerbaits through moderate cover
-Live Shiner fishing (big) in moderate-heavy cover
-Live Pinfish/Greenbacks (big) fished under docks for Snook/Redfish (hence the 40# leader)

Any thoughts to the above or ideas on additional uses that would "work well" with this rod would be appriciated. Still not to the "single application" rod useage point yet.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass Destroyer T.S POKER

Post by bronzefly » Tue May 22, 2018 4:01 am

It's a really nice rod indeed.

Since Megabass F ratings aren't entirely consistent, I'd call this one somewhere in the F6 to F7 range. The balance is good with an 8 oz. reel. The rod is one piece. No problem passing that braid to FC knot through the guides. If you can cast, you won't have any problems casting a good distance with 3/4 to 1.5 oz lures. All of the listed techniques are within the capabilities of the Poker. It's a powerful, versatile rod. Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of any further assistance.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri May 25, 2018 12:40 pm

Just want to add, what a sick 2.0oz Shock blade plus trailer staff :big grin: :big grin: Deep techsz are sweet for sure and this rod can handle beef and is so nimble. F**k yeah I am stoked :lol: Cant wait to sling the 2.5+/- ounce Bucca Bullgill!

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri May 25, 2018 12:43 pm

btw thanks to Triple T and MR. Wood!

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Was really hoping to come across a 9/10 used one that someone is willing to part ways with for the right price. I have a Daiwa Battler on the way from AU and need something stellar to mount it on! If I can't find a good used one, looks like I will be bucking 600 ponies at TTT or Samurai.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue May 29, 2018 11:42 am

As it has been said many a time, man you got to pay to play 8-) I've often found when in doubt lay it down I've missed too many opportunities thinking I would get something better down the line, cheaper or whatever the case may be but I can definitely say I'm excited about this one. It also has really helped that when you deal with Gary Wood and Triple-T you are in outstanding hands :big grin: Megabass included :lol: I can also say I'm really Beyond ecstatic that I also ponied up for the Blackjack as that is been a super fun Rod as well in the TS Destroyer line.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue May 29, 2018 11:45 am

On that note sometimes it takes a leap of faith to find out what a rod is really worth reviews in people's opinions can only go so far as we all fish differently for the most part. I've done it many times thinking a rod was going to be Super Rad but then come back thinking not so much then off she goes to trade in for something else, like cars they got to be drivable often as well as look badass otherwise they get kicked to the curb and out of the garage/rack :big grin:

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Very wise words of advice Cristo. I actually took the plunge this morning via TTT before looking for any responses to my post. Certainly paying to play as I don't have $600 to toss around. My reservation for the purchase, was still not so much the money but the fact that it is hard to find any substantial feedback about this rod, either good or bad. (maybe because of it's exclusivity?) I knew hell or highwater I was going to purchase a Daiwa Battler, so I wanted a rod to pair it with that would not only look great together, but be at the same level of exclusivity. (it had to be MEGABASS) Reservations popped into my head, (will the rod be to beefy for the reel?, what the heck will I use it for?, ect..ect) Well Battler is on it's way, Poker is on it's way. Throw a 100mm handle and upgrade the drag on the Battler and I am hoping for the best.
At the very least...I might be the only one in the world with a Daiwa Battler paired with a Megabass Poker. Good bad or indifferent.
Plus it completes my Morethan/HLC/Battler quest.
Will share some pics once I have them together.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed May 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Super stoked for you man it sounds like you're going going to have a super dope combo together :big grin: yeah I no doubt we all accomplish what we want in different ways and are blessed with different Avenues in which we proceed with their beloved Hobby again with that being said congratulations =D> I'm personally up on my poker and don't see it leaving the stable any time soon. i think it's that Rod I've been looking for, it has a little more than my old beloved Mephisto rods and will allow me quite a bit more versatility in my hands then Fisto rods in regards to heavier profile bait applications

Aquaftm45
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Aquaftm45 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:12 pm

I haven't gathered my thoughts on the combo's functionality yet. Still dizzy from the cosmetic glory.
IMG_1339.JPG
IMG_1339.JPG (63.96 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
IMG_1338.JPG
IMG_1338.JPG (65.12 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
IMG_1337.JPG
IMG_1337.JPG (61.44 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
IMG_1336.JPG
IMG_1336.JPG (64.02 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
IMG_1335.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG (64.74 KiB) Viewed 6237 times

Cristo
Pro Angler