Raid Japan Rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Rafakomoda
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Raid Japan Rods

Post by Rafakomoda » Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:46 am

gopokes12 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:04 am
I have a Gladiator Anti Frogman. It’s pretty sweet just idk what to do with it
I was looking for some more info about the Anti Frogman. Whats your thoughts about?

CypressGorilla
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by CypressGorilla » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:53 pm

I’ll have some information on this rod (Frogman) tomorrow actually. I bought one a while back and haven’t fished it yet. I plan to put it through its paces tomorrow and will report back.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 am

Johnny A wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:28 am
jmb27 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:18 pm
Johnny A wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:43 pm
I've got 3 RAID rods.

1 Spinning

2 Casting - Joker and the Baltaro
Tell us about the Joker and Baltoro. I only know of them from the brief description on a site selling them.

All around rods? Technique specific? How would them compare to the MB P5 line or the Shimano Exprides?
I wouldn't call either rod technique specific but I've designated the Joker to be a small topwater, crankbait, spinnerbait rod and the Baltaro to be the medium depth to 12' depth crank and jerkbait rod.
After using the Tatula Signature Elite Tak 7' Crankin' rod for quite a few very happy and successful years, it was quite interesting to have a graphite crankin' stick back in my hands. The Baltaro is crisp, sensitive and responsive where the Tak rod was more of a delayed response, which was great for winter and prespawn cranks. I'm looking forward to using both new RAID rods chasing shad with topwaters and cranks.
That's about the thumbnail sketch I can provide for performance of the rod. The construction aspect of the Anti series is NOT up to upper level Megabass or Evergreen-International standards. The guides and reel seat are Fuji. I'm not a rod builder, not into wrappings and other intricacies of the craft. It's not shoddy or sloppy, to my eye. Now, the Anti series isn't the top of the line, I'm taking that into consideration. There are a couple of the Gladiator rods I've got my eye on but that's long term.
I've only take the rods out a few trips, it's going to be a while before you see the full 360º.
I'm up to 6 RAID Japan rods:

Added the Baltoro II, a Gladiator Maximum rod and the King Heavy and the Stride spinning rod.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:46 am

Rafakomoda wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:46 am
gopokes12 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:04 am
I have a Gladiator Anti Frogman. It’s pretty sweet just idk what to do with it
I was looking for some more info about the Anti Frogman. Whats your thoughts about?
It's a fantastic rod in my opinion, very nimble and user friendly. I've mainly used mine for more compact frogs weighing 1/2oz or less. Great rod for close quarters froggin in sparse to moderate cover and skips easily. I've also used mine for buzzbaits, topwaters, and trigs/jigs with success. Honestly, I think with the right reel/line it could handle just about any close to moderate distance application in its weight range. Been thinking I might throw a squarebill on it soon

Just don't go into it expecting what many folks consider to be a "frog rod." This definitely isn't for bomb casting a frog across expansive and super thick mats

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:23 pm

I've been told that the Technix rods were really good for bottom contact if you can find one.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:49 am

Johnny A wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:44 am
Johnny A wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:28 am
jmb27 wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:18 pm
Johnny A wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:43 pm
I've got 3 RAID rods.

1 Spinning

2 Casting - Joker and the Baltaro
Tell us about the Joker and Baltoro. I only know of them from the brief description on a site selling them.

All around rods? Technique specific? How would them compare to the MB P5 line or the Shimano Exprides?
I wouldn't call either rod technique specific but I've designated the Joker to be a small topwater, crankbait, spinnerbait rod and the Baltaro to be the medium depth to 12' depth crank and jerkbait rod.
After using the Tatula Signature Elite Tak 7' Crankin' rod for quite a few very happy and successful years, it was quite interesting to have a graphite crankin' stick back in my hands. The Baltaro is crisp, sensitive and responsive where the Tak rod was more of a delayed response, which was great for winter and prespawn cranks. I'm looking forward to using both new RAID rods chasing shad with topwaters and cranks.
That's about the thumbnail sketch I can provide for performance of the rod. The construction aspect of the Anti series is NOT up to upper level Megabass or Evergreen-International standards. The guides and reel seat are Fuji. I'm not a rod builder, not into wrappings and other intricacies of the craft. It's not shoddy or sloppy, to my eye. Now, the Anti series isn't the top of the line, I'm taking that into consideration. There are a couple of the Gladiator rods I've got my eye on but that's long term.
I've only take the rods out a few trips, it's going to be a while before you see the full 360º.
I'm up to 6 RAID Japan rods:

Added the Baltoro II, a Gladiator Maximum rod and the King Heavy and the Stride spinning rod.
Down to 5. The RAID Japan Joker was a bit light.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:16 pm

Wonder what happened to the OP. He was on here and BR, then vanished. I thought this disease didn't have a cure :-k

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:52 am

KP Duty wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:16 pm
Wonder what happened to the OP. He was on here and BR, then vanished. I thought this disease didn't have a cure :-k
Gear enthusiasts come and go for a variety of reasons. Change in priorities, hobbies, income, health, etc. It doesn’t surprise me. Many of the good ones and long time members have ‘vanished’ so to speak. This site and many others aren’t booming like they once were.