Tatula sv tw SLP limited

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Tatula sv tw SLP limited

Post by domthewon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:22 am

Not sure how long these have been out for, but nice to see a 5:1 lefty so I grabbed it and a 8:1 as well.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... FLYzlVc3FR

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula sv tw SLP limited

Post by evilcatfish » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Very cool reels. Looks like I can only find them on Digitaka for now

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cyacnba » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:06 pm

Why did I open this thread... I wonder if I will get one on time if I order one tomorrow...

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:34 pm

They've been out for a little while. Last time I priced one on ebay they were like $300. No thanks

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:38 pm

evilcatfish wrote:Very cool reels. Looks like I can only find them on Digitaka for now
That's where I got mine $250 w free shipping and they take Paypal or credit card. It was my first order from them, but I've heard good things. $250 doesn't seem too bad for a tatula sv tw with a 90 mm SLP carbon fiber handle, custom knobs and some other upgrades. I just spent $100 on a SLP carbon handle alone for my steez.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:34 pm

The cranker is new, but the 8.1 has been out since last summer. Is it me. Or does the cc have a shorter handle?

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:51 am

KP Duty wrote:The cranker is new, but the 8.1 has been out since last summer. Is it me. Or does the cc have a shorter handle?
If you're referring to the pics on digitaka's displays I believe it's just the angle of the reels in the pic. The CC shows the handle at more of a side view and the 8:1 at more of an angle, but I believe they are both 90mm.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:53 am

Cyacnba wrote:Why did I open this thread... I wonder if I will get one on time if I order one tomorrow...
I ordered mine yesterday with Paypal , and they shipped it out EMS today. Not sure if that helps or not for a time frame. .

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:24 am

domthewon wrote:
evilcatfish wrote:Very cool reels. Looks like I can only find them on Digitaka for now
That's where I got mine $250 w free shipping and they take Paypal or credit card. It was my first order from them, but I've heard good things. $250 doesn't seem too bad for a tatula sv tw with a 90 mm SLP carbon fiber handle, custom knobs and some other upgrades. I just spent $100 on a SLP carbon handle alone for my steez.
Looks like you got the last 8.1! Do you know what the other upgrades are beyond the handle, knobs, and colored spool?

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 am

evilcatfish wrote:
domthewon wrote:
Looks like you got the last 8.1! Do you know what the other upgrades are beyond the handle, knobs, and colored spool?
I'm a lefty, and I think they still have some. I believe the 8:1 righty is gone though. Honestly I'm not sure about additional upgrades. I haven't done any maintenance to my regular tatula sv tw, so when I get the new one I'll take it apart and check it out and post some pics. Probably do a few bearing upgrades as well.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:01 am

Tempted to track down an 8.1, but don't think I can pull the trigger until the pricing on the Megabass Rhodium comes out

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:37 pm

evilcatfish wrote:Tempted to track down an 8.1, but don't think I can pull the trigger until the pricing on the Megabass Rhodium comes out
I don't blame you, but haven't seen a Megabass reel retail under $300 yet but who knows. I actually like the looks and upgrades on the SLP personally, especially the black paint, deep purple parts, and carbon handle and knobs. We will see what mechanical upgrades they have that set them apart though. Either way their built on tatula sv's and decent little reels, and I'll be upgrading mine further. I'll post some pics of the internals of the standard Tatula sv and the SLP when I receive it.

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cyacnba » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:13 pm

domthewon wrote:
Cyacnba wrote:Why did I open this thread... I wonder if I will get one on time if I order one tomorrow...
I ordered mine yesterday with Paypal , and they shipped it out EMS today. Not sure if that helps or not for a time frame. .
Thank you. Fortunately (or unfortunately maybe), my fishing buddy convinced me not to buy another reel lol.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue May 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Finally had the time to break these reels down and take some pics. Only a few differences from stock SV TW Tatulas. There is a brass drag lockdown nut in the SLP and, the stock is plastic. The SLP came with all 4 handle knob bearings and 1 of the level wind bearings. The stock had 2 handle knob bearings and no level wind bearings. I upgraded all bearings on both reels. I cleaned, greased, or oiled the existing good bearings. On the spool they looked to be identical to me. The SLP came with the black paint, 90 mm custom carbon fiber handle, custom knobs, purple SV spool, a gold T-wing compared to Silver on the Stock. Everything else is the same. I added a purple SLP works star drag, and handle knob caps to it as well. I think it's a pretty good deal for the price if you want a nicely upgraded tatula, or were planning on tuning one.
IMG_4407.JPG
IMG_4407.JPG (73.51 KiB) Viewed 5931 times
IMG_4406.JPG
IMG_4406.JPG (75.44 KiB) Viewed 5931 times
IMG_4405.JPG
IMG_4405.JPG (74.18 KiB) Viewed 5931 times