Megabass online store??

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass online store??

Post by Tigerbass » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Has anyone bought anything directly from the Megabass Online Store (Megabass.co.jp)? The website itself will translate to English, but when you go to the store it goes back to Japanese.

bumpererx
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass online store??

Post by bumpererx » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:08 pm

I have in the past a few times with no problems. I may be wrong but I thought not sure they stopped shipping overseas. I remember getting an email about it back around the end of 2016. I haven’t tried since tho so it may have changed. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a more recent update.

domthewon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by domthewon » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Same experience and e-mail from Megabass jp as the poster above. I used to order a lot of rods and lures from them until they said they won't ship overseas. I wish they still did because they used to have some really good deals, and a lot of limited edition things that were hard to get here.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:21 am

Ive bought a few things off their Japanese website, BUT that was before I got a notice stating to use all my points because they will no longer be shipping overseas as of Dec 2016 (if i remember around that time).

Personally, I dont like ordering from their jp website- cheaper buying from a retailer (like jpAngler or Plat). Most of the time, anyway.

alpha7
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by alpha7 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:19 am

they wont let us order from the site anymore. I had a post about this a year ago

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 am

Who needs Megabass.jp when you have Gary; he should get what you need from MB, as far as rods, anyway. Not sure about lures and accessories.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:02 am

Thanks for the replies. My next step was to reach out to Gary. Just looking at some accessories, so not sure if he can source or not.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:17 am

Tigerbass wrote:Thanks for the replies. My next step was to reach out to Gary. Just looking at some accessories, so not sure if he can source or not.
What are you looking for exactly? if you dont mind me asking?

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:24 am

ayo8 wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:Thanks for the replies. My next step was to reach out to Gary. Just looking at some accessories, so not sure if he can source or not.
A Megabass jacket/hoody!!! There are a few on eBay, but they are over priced. It's not the end of the world if I can't find one in my size, but I would like to have one.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:51 am

Tigerbass wrote:
ayo8 wrote:
A Megabass jacket/hoody!!! There are a few on eBay, but they are over priced. It's not the end of the world if I can't find one in my size, but I would like to have one.
Is this the one you are looking for?

https://www.thehookuptackle.com/fishing ... rid+Hoodie

Was thinking of picking one up myself :D

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:32 am

i_am_R2 wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:
ayo8 wrote:

Yes that is it. I need XL because they supposedly run small. Really weird story....I actually thought I placed an order with THe Hook Up for that jacket and a handful of tackle. It never arrived. I checked my bank account and was never charged, and I never got a confirmation email. I guess for whatever reason it never got processed (maybe an error on my end???). Now they are sold out.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:35 am

Tigerbass wrote:
ayo8 wrote:
i_am_R2 wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:
ayo8 wrote:

I have the exact one. but in red/orange lettering. I got it off ebay (auction) for around $60 new about a year ago. The polyester material is really thick and keeps you warm. Always get one size larger maybe two (Japanese are skinny folks) whenever you get JDM shirts/jackets. I got an ex large but it fits between a med-large. Im a medium so it fits me perfect (I like my jacket hoodies a bit loose).

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:52 am

ayo8 wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:
ayo8 wrote:
i_am_R2 wrote:
Tigerbass wrote:
ayo8 wrote:

I have the exact one. but in red/orange lettering. I got it off ebay (auction) for around $60 new about a year ago. The polyester material is really thick and keeps you warm. Always get one size larger maybe two (Japanese are skinny folks) whenever you get JDM shirts/jackets. I got an ex large but it fits between a med-large. Im a medium so it fits me perfect (I like my jacket hoodies a bit loose).
Thanks for the info. You got a deal at $60

stark2113
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by stark2113 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:03 pm

You can use Amazon Japan. Translates to English and Ive used it already to get some Megabass items. Gonna be a little more expensive than Hook up though.

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:09 pm

Thanks for the info. You got a deal at $60
One will come around on ebay for auction. These Japanese on ebay rarely sell them at that price, and typically put a couple up on auction. When doing an ebay search try both megabass and megabus. i found that hoody under megabus and no one bidded on it, but me.