DR-Z2020. 8.4 ratio

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: DR-Z2020. 8.4 ratio

Post by bronzefly » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:07 pm

goldrod wrote:What do you mean not a musky reel? You can catch a musky on an aldebaran.
I'm with you on this one. My biggest Tennessee musky was 51" and 31# caught on a first generation Crucial 5'9" MH and a Chronarch 50MG with 12# P-Line CXX :lol: Granted, it was a surprise and heck of a battle, but the system worked. I've caught many muskies on my standard Z200HL models with no problem, even specifically targeting them with musky baits, big swim baits, etc. I've caught a bunch on less robust reels too without issue, but I'm not regularly tossing double cow bells at them.

I pondered this reel for a bit, but decided it wasn't for me, though I'm sure it will be a great performer!
spookybaits wrote: Are the deps reels known for having flakey paint jobs(pun intended)? I can't remember them having issues.
I have both Deps "Zillion" models and have fished them extensively. There have been no paint issues with either of them. The "original" Deps Zillion has a matte finish that has proved extremely durable. I have seen paint issues with the LTD Z200 variants however. Hopefully this new one will hold up well.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:45 pm

That red one isnt so good looking imo. This one is still better

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:32 pm

My grandpa had a station wagon that looked like this reel. It had been hit and parts of it had had been painted a shade of red that did not match the rest of the vehicle. Not even close. That is what that Z looks like.