Addermine vs legend elite

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Addermine vs legend elite

Post by Canga- » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 am

So I have 2 of the 6’10” ml/xf 2016 legend elites, and absolutely love them. I have been thinking about the addermine lately and wondering how similar it is to the st croixs, on paper the seem pretty similar, both being within an inch of each other, both xf and similar line and lure ratings. I don’t want to get the addermine if is too redundant with the rods I already have, but the allure of Megabass is always present! (I do have 5 other Megabass rods and love them all too)

Anyone have experience with both rods or have an idea on how similar they are?

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Addermine vs legend elite

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 am

Following this thread.

On a mostly unrelated note, the 7' ML LE is the best Lindy rig rod I have ever used. 8-)

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 pm

Also curious about the Addermine. Would it make a good shakey head rod? Is it truly XF or Fast?

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:49 pm

I have the Addermine but I don't own a legend elite.
Its a damn light and sensitive rod, I have used mine for ned rig, small jerkbaits and drop shotting.

The only thing I can compare it to is the NRX 852, to me the NRX is a little more sensitive, I like both rods, the Addermine is lighter action, almost like between a medium and medium light.

It would make a excellent shakey head rod with lighter head like 1/8 plus worm but I have cast 3/8 drop shot weight without any problems..

Hands down the best looking spinning rod I have used, the build is perfect and I love the guides, grip, blank and aesthetics.
Last edited by BRONZEBACK32 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:52 am

Another good comparison would be to the orochi xx drop shot rod, x4 Aaron Martens or destroyer phase 3 Aaron Marten, I have all of those as well, would love something a little lighter in power than those but with a xf tip.

Kschultz76
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Kschultz76 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:18 pm

I will offer what comparisons I can, keep in mind when I’m comparing how powerful they are I’m still talking about finesse focused spinning rods so it’s relative. I have the Addermine, a St Croix LE 6’8” M/XF, and just got the XX Dropshot yesterday but haven’t fished it yet, and in the past I’ve had a St Croix LTB 6’6” ML/F and fished with an old school GLX 782 SJR.

The Addermine is a good bit faster taper and noticeably more powerful then the Dropshot Rod, besides being faster the tip is not as light. Again this is only comparison loading the rods side by side, Ive not fished the Dropshot yet to truly compare. Both are gorgeous rods.

The taper and feeling of the tip on the Addermine is very reminiscent to me of the GLX 782 SJR that I’ve fished before, it might have a touch more power in the backbone. I’d say the Addermine is closer to fast then xfast but it’s all subjective. It’s action is not like my M/XF St Croix, that rod has that super light tip that is an almost hinge like action into a stout backbone, the tip on the Addermine is a bit slower and offers more resistance to loading, and smoother transition to the backbone. I’ve fished 5” senkos weightless and dropshotted on the Addermine and it handles them well, I think it’s very well suited to shakeyhead, senkos, heavier dropshot baits and skipping similar baits around cover. I think the power of the Addermine lands between the St Croix M and ML spinning rods that I’ve used. I’d also be comfortable throwing smaller treble hook baits on the Addermine.

Hope some of that helps.

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:16 pm

Yes that does help, I have owned a 6’8” mxf St. Croix legend elite in the past and the mlxf is different, sounding more similar to he addermine going off your description. Maybe if I can handle it first I’ll grab one, but it seems like it would be too redundant with the rods I have. Thanks!