16 Aldebaran bfs owners: Question for ya

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: 16 Aldebaran bfs owners: Question for ya

Post by fffishing » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Bearings is really small,only 0.5g...,so 4.9g and 5.1g (15 and 29)
KTF havier mostly on axis ,of course...but this new Avail gets less inertia ,so-starting easily and need a less brakes to stop.Also it's more comfortable works with low weight.-1g lures and even less...

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:18 pm

fffishing wrote:Bearings is really small,only 0.5g...,so 4.9g and 5.1g (15 and 29)
KTF havier mostly on axis ,of course...but this new Avail gets less inertia ,so-starting easily and need a less brakes to stop.Also it's more comfortable works with low weight.-1g lures and even less...
Dang. I can do some crazy casting with my KTF spool. Couldn't imagine an even more capable spool. Imagine porting that bad boy.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:01 am

And plus...29 spool have a good space to put 8-10-12 lb fluoro, and work well with it! I was tested in pair with Z-Pride13, on 8lb and 10lb fluoro,and Ald BFS+29 cast small jerks (1/16 and 1/8)with both this line more comfortable and a couple yards further...(1/16 go to 20 yards -no issues)
Yea,Avail did nice job! Last time Iwas so exciting,when used 2518 honeycomb for Abu 2500...
I hope,very soon we'll see more nice spools with new light axis...bye-bye stainless steel :lol:

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:30 am

fffishing wrote:And plus...29 spool have a good space to put 8-10-12 lb fluoro, and work well with it! I was tested in pair with Z-Pride13, on 8lb and 10lb fluoro,and Ald BFS+29 cast small jerks (1/16 and 1/8)with both this line more comfortable and a couple yards further...(1/16 go to 20 yards -no issues)
Yea,Avail did nice job! Last time Iwas so exciting,when used 2518 honeycomb for Abu 2500...
I hope,very soon we'll see more nice spools with new light axis...bye-bye stainless steel :lol:
I just don't see why the axis weight matters so much. How is the 1615 spool compared to the KTF specifically?

Pastrmka
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Pastrmka » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:49 am

fffishing wrote:And plus...29 spool have a good space to put 8-10-12 lb fluoro, and work well with it! I was tested in pair with Z-Pride13, on 8lb and 10lb fluoro,and Ald BFS+29 cast small jerks (1/16 and 1/8)with both this line more comfortable and a couple yards further...(1/16 go to 20 yards -no issues)
Are there any restrictions with 29 spool when it comes to using braided lines, as far as I can see no restrictions on stock spool

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:12 am

Pastrmka wrote:
Are there any restrictions with 29 spool when it comes to using braided lines, as far as I can see no restrictions on stock spool
I've used braid on a lot of BFS reels, with the Aldebaran BFS KTF spool being one of them. As long as you're not punching or using them outside of their intended use, you'll be good. I think the Avail site says something about braid so, you'll be good

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Pastrmka wrote: Are there any restrictions with 29 spool when it comes to using braided lines, as far as I can see no restrictions on stock spool
No,I don't see any...If some may happen,they're say like this:

"We are developing target of regular size fish in trout fishing such as management fishing spot and mountain stream. It is not suitable for intense fishing requiring mainstream large trout or bus fishing equal to or greater than the equivalent.
If a lot of thin nylon lines are rolled up than the line with the notation on the line capacity, there is a risk of spool breakage due to swelling and contraction due to the water absorption characteristic of the nylon line. Please be careful."

That's about Microcast Spool AMB 2518 TR...and coz it's honey comb...a full body spools(no drilled or honey c) is match more strongest .

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:17 pm

fffishing wrote:
Pastrmka wrote: Are there any restrictions with 29 spool when it comes to using braided lines, as far as I can see no restrictions on stock spool
No,I don't see any...If some may happen,they're say like this:

"We are developing target of regular size fish in trout fishing such as management fishing spot and mountain stream. It is not suitable for intense fishing requiring mainstream large trout or bus fishing equal to or greater than the equivalent.
If a lot of thin nylon lines are rolled up than the line with the notation on the line capacity, there is a risk of spool breakage due to swelling and contraction due to the water absorption characteristic of the nylon line. Please be careful."

That's about Microcast Spool AMB 2518 TR...and coz it's honey comb...a full body spools(no drilled or honey c) is match more strongest .
What size bearing does the Aldebaran Avail spool take?

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:41 pm

ccass wrote:
What size bearing does the Aldebaran Avail spool take?[/quote]

"The bearing mounted on the shaft part of 16 ALD 15R is 740 ZZ size .

Please note that the size is different from the bearing which is incorporated in the original spool.

Bearings on the side of the paring cup are not changed to genuine, 730 ZZ size (inside diameter 3 mm × outside diameter 7 mm × thickness 3 mm) will conform. ⇒ SHG-740ZZ"
https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/4021

robsone79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by robsone79 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:32 pm

I run 10lb power pro slick to a leader 4-8lb mono/ fluoro depending on presentation. Have not had your issue.