Deep cranking rod

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Deep cranking rod

Post by poot04 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:37 pm

What megabass rod would one recommend for 5 and 6xd that is available at this time. Thanks in advance!

Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Deep cranking rod

Post by Cristo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi! grab that XX launcher over at 3T :big grin:
"I don't keep track of time, otherwise time will keep track of you" .....Cambo

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am

Cristo wrote:Hi! grab that XX launcher over at 3T :big grin:
Hi! The xx launcher was the one I knew would work is there any others. I have xx perfect pitch and I am very pleased with it. I recently got rid of all my power tackle and dobyns rods and am reloading. I have Valdivia, xx pp, xxx chimaera and jade Python and levante flat side special as well as two adrena's and an expride. Need a deep cranker. Thanks for any and all recommendations.

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:34 pm

What about Emtf or javelin. I have seen Luke Clausen fishing Emtf on video and it looks very parabolic.

Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:15 pm

6xd may not be ideal for those two rods...hear great things about EMTF and Javelin. I may get a Javelin down the road but I have an x 7 Extreme mission. I could not imagine throwing 6xd that lady let alone JAV or an EMTF which I believe are rated closely. I could be wrong though we all fish differently but anything smaller would be right at home with those two. Just my thoughts if course. :big grin:

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Cristo wrote:6xd may not be ideal for those two rods...hear great things about EMTF and Javelin. I may get a Javelin down the road but I have an x 7 Extreme mission. I could not imagine throwing 6xd that lady let alone JAV or an EMTF which I believe are rated closely. I could be wrong though we all fish differently but anything smaller would be right at home with those two. Just my thoughts if course. :big grin:
Thanks for the 2 cents Cristo!!!

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:50 pm

I just looked on TTT all three rods xx EMTF, Javelin and xx Launcher are 3/8-1 oz and are 5 power rods. Only real difference I see is launcher is hybrid glass.

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Farnorth » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:52 pm

You will want to talk to someone that has actually held the rods. The power ratings with Megabass are best to compare rods within the same series and even then don't tell the whole story. I have an older F4.5 Tomohawk GTA that works great with cranks way over its rated capacity of 3/4oz. Maybe get in touch with Gary at the Tackle Trap. Best of luck with your search.

Cristo
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:20 am

+1 Farnorth. I have also found this to be true. In regard to most rods for reaction proposes I general can fish beyond rated limits. It is about what you are comfortable with ;).. As far as the glass on the XX launcher. I couldn't say enough good things. It handle 6xds no problem but definitely wound not like to go beyond that. Some Powers might be different in the MB lines as you stated Farnorth. That appears to be normal so research is definitely in order and Mr. Wood would be a most excellent resource!! In regards to lure size you might want to also take into consideration if their deep-diving plugs, I found with topwater I can definitely go beyond the limits of a reaction rod because it's not resisting as much water when being reeled in if that makes sense. Anyway I yak fish and for me the XX Laucher was a bit cumbersome. for boat fishing or shore it is $$$. good luck as always, I really don't think you could go wrong with any of your picks, it is just getting a rod to make you happy and of course possess the best potential for lure range :big grin: