Well a first prohibited item( Lille,oil) from Japan

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
gailt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Well a first prohibited item( Lille,oil) from Japan

Post by gailt » Mon May 22, 2017 9:04 pm

I bought a reel on the japan auction site and got informed that it contained a prohibited item to ship internationally it was the oil that came with the reel.I had two options send to a Japan domestic address,or discard , hopefully it means they can just discard the oil and not the megabass Zonda

I've had oil shipped in reel boxes from Japan before without any problem. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before.
thanks
GG

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Well a first prohibited item( Lille,oil) from Japan

Post by ayo8 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Buyee is synonymous for this. They will sometimes say they cant ship the reel...yada yada. That's when you email them back and tell them you've paid for it via paypal and if it doesn't arrive by a certain time you will file a request for your entire money back :evil:

See how fast they ship it, minus the oil, of course. You can find the original oil on ebay, if youre lucky. Its no big deal, imo. I'd ask them to squeeze all the oil out and ship the empty oil container, if its possible.

They can and will ship without the oil.

Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Cyacnba » Mon May 22, 2017 10:47 pm

I've had that issue the first time I won an auction on Buyee. It was a Shimano reel, and they notified me about that oil problem. I've replied to their e-mail and received the reel without the oil. I haven't had this issue with Daiwa/Megabass reels though.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Tue May 23, 2017 7:41 am

gailt wrote:I bought a reel on the japan auction site and got informed that it contained a prohibited item to ship internationally it was the oil that came with the reel.I had two options send to a Japan domestic address,or discard , hopefully it means they can just discard the oil and not the megabass Zonda

I've had oil shipped in reel boxes from Japan before without any problem. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before.
thanks
GG
I've had this happen a lot. Just tell them to discard the oil and ship the remaining items ASAP. Always works for me.

gailt
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by gailt » Tue May 23, 2017 8:06 am

Thanks ,the odd thing is I've received oil in reel boxes before.Thanks everyone

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Tue May 23, 2017 1:03 pm

gailt wrote:Thanks ,the odd thing is I've received oil in reel boxes before.Thanks everyone
Yes, I have too! It really is weird. I'd say it's been probably 60/40 as far as prohibited/goes through.