Poison Glorious vs Megabass Evoluzion 30th ltd

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
hysupra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Poison Glorious vs Megabass Evoluzion 30th ltd

Post by hysupra » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:51 am

Hey fellas I'm looking for a nice Texas rig/ frog rod. I don't do a lot of frogging but would like to have the ability if needed. I'll be pairing this with a 2015 Metanium DC.

The Glorious I'm looking at is a 72H "Rushburn"
The Evoluzion is a F6.5-72ti "Mephisto"

I'm really interested in the sensitivity of both, since it will be a Texas rig rod. Any input would be great guys thanks so much.

Rob

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Poison Glorious vs Megabass Evoluzion 30th ltd

Post by ayo8 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:49 pm

I personally, would go with the Mephisto 30th ltd or 2014 C40 in this certain application/s. Im really not a huge fan of the Adrena/glorious line (just the Ulitma's) so, Im pretty bias on this.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:12 pm

I have the C40 Mephisto. It makes for a very good frog rod (and also for swimbaits up to the 2 oz range). The sensitivity of the rod is very good.

There isn't much that the Mephisto can't do in its stated lure range--bigger texas rigs, cranks, etc.

Keep in mind that the taper is medium fast, so it will be a little bit slower for texas rigs. You may prefer a true fast or extra fast for texas rigs.

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:37 pm

I would go with Poison Glorious, very well built series - sensitive, balanced, light weight - Rushburn weights only 120g vs Mephisto 145g. Never handled the Evoluzion series, but by specs and experience with other Glorious rods I would choose Rushburn.

According to Shimano the rod perfectly matches with t-rigs, jigs and frogs applications.

maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by maxpowers » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:50 am

I have owned both, fished both for the exact purpose you're talking about. For me, I liked the Rushburn better. It gets the job done and more. I paired it with a Deps DR.

The Mephisto was good, and is pretty darn versatile, but the c40 taper is pretty unique. I found the Rushburn taper to be a bit more similar to the USDM tapers we have here while retaining all that JDM flare and workmanship. No complaints here.

hysupra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hysupra » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:36 am

Thank you so much for the advice guys. I really do think the Glorious will fit better for the purpose I'm looking for. It'll look dam good with the Met DC on top. :cool1:

bassasaurus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bassasaurus » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:57 pm

maxpowers wrote:I have owned both, fished both for the exact purpose you're talking about. For me, I liked the Rushburn better. It gets the job done and more. I paired it with a Deps DR.

The Mephisto was good, and is pretty darn versatile, but the c40 taper is pretty unique. I found the Rushburn taper to be a bit more similar to the USDM tapers we have here while retaining all that JDM flare and workmanship. No complaints here.
this. i have used both as well and the rushburn will be a better stick specifically for t-rigs as the mephisto has a more moderate taper.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:22 am

I have no experience with the Shimano variant but I have a C 40 Mephisto. That's one Rod I would not give up easily as it can do quite a few things. it's beautiful, it's comfortable, light and strong as hell!

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:24 am

Btw, I dig it for t rigs! Last summer I did some damage on a .5 oz tungsten, 5.0 ewg with a berkly 10" power worm. Just wanted to add that :D

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:05 pm

jmb27 wrote:I have the C40 Mephisto. It makes for a very good frog rod (and also for swimbaits up to the 2 oz range). The sensitivity of the rod is very good.

There isn't much that the Mephisto can't do in its stated lure range--bigger texas rigs, cranks, etc.

Keep in mind that the taper is medium fast, so it will be a little bit slower for texas rigs. You may prefer a true fast or extra fast for texas rigs.
Cristo wrote:I have no experience with the Shimano variant but I have a C 40 Mephisto. That's one Rod I would not give up easily as it can do quite a few things. it's beautiful, it's comfortable, light and strong as hell!
I share the same sentiment/feelings with you guys. I own the 30th and the 2014 c40 Mephisto and a few glorious rods and I personally, would not trade one Mephisto for the entire Glorious line. Its just a beautiful, strong, sensitive and versatile rod - given most, if not entirely, the c40 line is fundamentally made for cranking/moving baits.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:36 am

Speaking of moving baits the Mephisto is bees knees for 1 oz shock blades or like chatter lures with mogambo grub tails or other trailers :big grin: . I find her to fill in nicely for 6xd or similar deep pulling cranks.

hysupra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hysupra » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 am

Ya guys I'm going with the Rushburn for T-rigs and I'll be buying the Mephisto for deep cranking in the future. I'm actually in the market for a powerful cranking stick. Thank you guys so much for the feedback.