Lucky Craft Disease

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Disease

Post by Eric Walsh » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:33 pm

=D> Thanks Tok, may have to plan a quick visit before winter lets up!

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Big open house and sale is the first weekend in March. :big grin:

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:49 pm

Schlag wrote:
jmb27 wrote:
Schlag wrote:I must have it. Every year, it becomes more difficult to find my favorite color pointer. I've hoarded every last one I could find.

I really wish Lucky Craft would sell direct to the customer on-line. Most of the US vendors only sell the larger sized pointers.
Check out ebay seller "i love hardbait." He (or she) has a pretty extensive line of LC baits. They could probably get the color you are looking for if they don't have it.
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, they haven't offered that size/color combo for a while. I'll try contacting them and see if they can do a special order. I river fish from a kayak, and typically lose a couple of pointers a year. When the current is swift, it's sometimes best to sacrifice one snagged lure than to lose all your gear or break a rod tip.
Understand. Absolutely better to break off an expensive lure than a much more expensive rod! I would send them a message and see if they can help. FWIW, I've ordered lures from them several times and always had fast shipping and everything as described.

If you have a discontinued color/model that you are looking for, you might be relegated to going to page 5 of a google search :lol: and keeping an eye on ebay. You are likely aware that you can set up to be notified if that item becomes available via an email from ebay.

What color and model are you looking for?

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:30 pm

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:54 pm

I think I have this disease you speak of! It's been a reoccurring condition for several years now.

My favorite is the Flash Minnow 95!!! Can't believe LC discontinued this little gem. It has been deadly on the lakes and inshore flats around grass and especially rock. Unfortunately the rock will claim a few every year. They need to bring out a new shallow jerkbait very soon! Luckily I stockpiled these and have around 100, and they get custom paint jobs if I don't like the colors.

I also have a huge stockpile of Pointers(shallow Pointers, 78sp, 100sp) and RC 1.5, 2, 2.5. Those are some baits that will never stop catching fish! Jackall lures are quickly catching up in my box though.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:33 pm

Do I have a whole box full of LC LV's NIB? Maybe...can never have enough. Wish they didnt discontinue the DRS in the Disco pattern, solid bait and color.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

lostboy45b
Angler
Angler

Post by lostboy45b » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:41 pm

I guess I'm lucky and cursed with LC. I have a nice tackle shop about 10 minutes from me that's consistently stocks LC. Best part about this shop is they still have some NIB older/discontinued models on hand. If you would like the number and name just pm me.

BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:46 am

Love lucky craft, they have produced so many good fish for me.

The pointer series is amazing...