Lucky Craft Disease

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
lostboy45b
Angler
Angler

Lucky Craft Disease

Post by lostboy45b » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:15 pm

Hi I am a Lucky Craft lure junkie. I can't help it. They work, period. If I see new offering from them or something different from them I start shaking and sweating lol. I don't think an 8 step program will help me. I tried to change my ways and use Evergreen and Megabass but it's not the same. I always go back to LC. (This is all personal opinion)

Are you a Lucky Craft addict? Post a pic or describe your favorite Lucky Craft lure.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Lucky Craft Disease

Post by jmb27 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:22 am

They make effective lures, so, nope, there isn't a lot of help for you. :lol: :lol:

http://www.spinnerundco.de/images/thumb ... /sr-ts.jpg

I think that the classical leader cranks, "bland" by most Japanese manufacturers standards, are really effective. Of course, the Pointers are highly effective as well. But for me, the Classical Leader cranks are underappreciated within the Lucky Craft line.

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:56 am

I must have it. Every year, it becomes more difficult to find my favorite color pointer. I've hoarded every last one I could find.

I really wish Lucky Craft would sell direct to the customer on-line. Most of the US vendors only sell the larger sized pointers.

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:17 am

Schlag wrote:I must have it. Every year, it becomes more difficult to find my favorite color pointer. I've hoarded every last one I could find.

I really wish Lucky Craft would sell direct to the customer on-line. Most of the US vendors only sell the larger sized pointers.
I think Tackle Direct sells a lot of the smaller sizes, since they are an every species shop, not a bass oriented shop. And TW sells a lot of 78's and 97's...depends on how small you're talking.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:39 am

Schlag wrote:I must have it. Every year, it becomes more difficult to find my favorite color pointer. I've hoarded every last one I could find.

Check out ebay seller "i love hardbait." He (or she) has a pretty extensive line of LC baits. They could probably get the color you are looking for if they don't have it.

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:40 am

I am addicted to the pointers though I have few of there hardbaits.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:42 am

jmb27 wrote:

Check out ebay seller "i love hardbait." He (or she) has a pretty extensive line of LC baits. They could probably get the color you are looking for if they don't have it.
another vote for that shop
never had a problem

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:51 am

You don't need help... you just need more money and more space to store them all. :big grin: :big grin:
The Pointer MRs are my go to jerkbaits. Out fishes everything else I have ever tried.
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

lostboy45b
Angler
Angler

Post by lostboy45b » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:32 am

My wife said I don't want to see another Lucky Craft package laying around. Yes dear. So I take them out of the package in my truck ;)

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:33 am

I had the LC disease, but I'm cured now, Lol.

I was addicted to the Rick Clunn Series crankbaits. I remember, many years ago when the RC series first came out, I was buying two-3 lures a week from bass pro shop for an extensive period of time, just to have them stocked in my arsenal, because.....as mentioned, they just work really damn well for me. I didn't know they would be even more popular today, and a bit more expensive; as most good things that are discontinued. I have a bin full of new RC0.5, 1.5, 2.5 in all different colors ( SqBill/ DeepD ) I intend to keep unused for memorabilia.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 am

Bad time to be a LC aficionado with all of the discontinued SKUs.

Here's something you will thank me later for. Fisherman's Central.

lostboy45b
Angler
Angler

Post by lostboy45b » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:38 am

THANK YOU! My wallet hates you now lol.

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:15 pm

Tok, is this store located where LandBigFish used to be? :-k

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Schlag » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:30 am

jmb27 wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, they haven't offered that size/color combo for a while. I'll try contacting them and see if they can do a special order. I river fish from a kayak, and typically lose a couple of pointers a year. When the current is swift, it's sometimes best to sacrifice one snagged lure than to lose all your gear or break a rod tip.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:50 am

Eric Walsh wrote:Tok, is this store located where LandBigFish used to be? :-k
Same strip mall...Down a few storefronts. Much nicer than LBF was and with a better selection if you can believe that. Awesome store.