Orochi XXX

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Orochi XXX

Post by Tony9 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:30 am

bronzefly wrote:Update 6/23/17

There will be a large number of XXX rods shipped out today. At the end of the day, The Tackle Trap will update the website to reflect what remains in stock, because there will be some immediately available to ship. Thank you all very much for the orders and the patience!
I got my tracking number this morning. Can't wait to try it out! \:D/ Thanks Gary!

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:18 pm

bronzefly wrote:Update 6/23/17

There will be a large number of XXX rods shipped out today. At the end of the day, The Tackle Trap will update the website to reflect what remains in stock, because there will be some immediately available to ship. Thank you all very much for the orders and the patience!
Must resist the temptation!

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:54 pm

I skimmed the thread a bit, but didn't see much mention of the Black Themis, has anyone had time with one yet?

My current finesse casting rod is a Phenix PHX-C682, which I really like, except for the reel-seat. It starts cramping my hand after an hour or three and I can't find a way to grip the reel that helps. I was thinking of getting a custom on the same blank, but the Themis has me interested.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 pm

I skimmed the thread a bit, but didn't see much mention of the Black Themis, has anyone had time with one yet?

My current finesse casting rod is a Phenix PHX-C682, which I really like, except for the reel-seat. It starts cramping my hand after an hour or three and I can't find a way to grip the reel that helps. I was thinking of getting a custom on the same blank, but the Themis has me interested.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:46 am

The Tackle Trap has a few Megabass XXX casting rods and Megabass XXX spinning rods in stock and ready to ship. Almost all the pre-orders have been filled and the order process will continue and rods will ship as soon as they arrive. Thank you all very much for the orders and the patience!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:52 am

bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap has a few Megabass XXX casting rods and Megabass XXX spinning rods in stock and ready to ship. Almost all the pre-orders have been filled and the order process will continue and rods will ship as soon as they arrive. Thank you all very much for the orders and the patience!
Any idea on when the next shipment may arrive? I've been thinking about picking up a rattle viper

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:56 am

evilcatfish wrote: Any idea on when the next shipment may arrive? I've been thinking about picking up a rattle viper
The Rattle Viper is on back order with no specified restock date at this time. For the fastest turn around time and to confirm a rod in the next production run, a formal order placed through the website is the best option. Again, Megabass clearly underestimated the demand and orders for these are still coming in from dealers all over the world. Please email me at thetackletrap@gmail.com with any questions on specific models or availability, thanks!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Any idea on when the next shipment may arrive? I've been thinking about picking up a rattle viper[/quote]
I've been fishing the xxx Rattleviper all season and love it! It works well with 110's, small cranks, and small topwater baits. I have mine paired with a Alphas SV. The smaller trigger on the handle took a little to get used to but I've grown to like it.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:48 pm

Sorry if I missed it, does anyone have feedback on the sensitivity for bottom contact? Of course these aren't expected to be at the same level of say Phase 3 or X7 but curious to hear how they perform.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:48 pm

i_am_R2 wrote:Sorry if I missed it, does anyone have feedback on the sensitivity for bottom contact? Of course these aren't expected to be at the same level of say Phase 3 or X7 but curious to hear how they perform.
I've been told to expect something between the Levante and XX

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
i_am_R2 wrote:Sorry if I missed it, does anyone have feedback on the sensitivity for bottom contact? Of course these aren't expected to be at the same level of say Phase 3 or X7 but curious to hear how they perform.
I've been told to expect something between the Levante and XX
Thanks! Good to know :D

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Just receive my chimaera and jade python from TTT. Both rods are beautiful, hope they fish as well as they look. Won't have a chance to fish them until the weekend but I put a tatula sv on the chimaera and it balances right in the middle of the lock down nut. Thanks for the great service TTT.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 pm

A jade python!!??? Please enlighten :big grin:

Carylab
Angler
Angler

Post by Carylab » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Just got my Black Elseil in and can't wait to try it! Bueatiful rod.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Congratulations homie let us know how she fishes for you.