New Steez TW ALUMINUM for 2017 !

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Steez TW ALUMINUM for 2017 !

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:07 pm

alafly wrote:One thing I just noticed from Youtube video is Steez A TW has a Daiwa zaion(plastic) star drag which is used in their low end tatula . Considering aluminum frame tatula CT is sold less than $100 in last Christmas, Steez aluminum frame is not a big deal to me. For $350 aluminum only reel , daiwa really shouldn't save any cost from those little components. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Steez A TW(A for American or aluminum whatever) should NOT be the cost saving version of Steev SV TW!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRiQf0DMl3g[/youtube]
The magnesium version has a plastic drag star too

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
alafly wrote:One thing I just noticed from Youtube video is Steez A TW has a Daiwa zaion(plastic) star drag which is used in their low end tatula . Considering aluminum frame tatula CT is sold less than $100 in last Christmas, Steez aluminum frame is not a big deal to me. For $350 aluminum only reel , daiwa really shouldn't save any cost from those little components. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Steez A TW(A for American or aluminum whatever) should NOT be the cost saving version of Steev SV TW!

So does the T3 air,limited steez ,gancraft Mago ... no biggie
Happiness is a sore thumb

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Good to know that. Thank you Hogsticker2 and africanbass.

I guess my money is safe now. :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

I am not Daiwa Steez A's target customer if just aluminum frame only. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I might use that money for a used JDream or megabass ip79 :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:
africanbass wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:

So does the T3 air,limited steez ,gancraft Mago ... no biggie
"North" of America...

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:34 am

The Zaion drag star saves a few grams and also has function benefits over the older short-armed Steez stars. That is plain and simple why they use it. Put it on a scale and you will understand. I understand that anodized aluminum looks better, but I haven't heard of anyone breaking a Zaion star, They are a cheap and easy way to save weight on a reel, like the original Zillion, that uses a heavier star. The longer arms of the star allow more force to be applied to the drag vs. the original SLP works style short-armed version. I do like the aluminum long-armed stars because they have a longer arms (I have about half-a-dozen of those on reels), but they are a couple of grams heavier than the Zaion.

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:06 am

For those liking larger spools, if you have a Steez TW I would gladly trade if I buy this reel :mrgreen:

Cast-Away
Angler
Angler

Post by Cast-Away » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:47 am

The A have 8+1 Bearing , the Knobs have 0 bearings or have the Wormgear 0 bearings ???

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:07 am

Cast-Away wrote:The A have 8+1 Bearing , the Knobs have 0 bearings or have the Wormgear 0 bearings ???
The prototype that was examined at The Tackle Trap had zero handle knob bearings. It's relatively inexpensive, and very easily remedied, but still surprising nonetheless. It's possible that issue will be addressed by Daiwa in the future, we'll see.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cast-Away
Angler
Angler

Post by Cast-Away » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:08 am

Ok thanks

JigginOG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by JigginOG » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:01 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Cast-Away wrote:The A have 8+1 Bearing , the Knobs have 0 bearings or have the Wormgear 0 bearings ???
The prototype that was examined at The Tackle Trap had zero handle knob bearings. It's relatively inexpensive, and very easily remedied, but still surprising nonetheless. It's possible that issue will be addressed by Daiwa in the future, we'll see.
Comparing spools, is it a 100 size spool but in G1?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:40 pm

JigginOG wrote:
bronzefly wrote:
Comparing spools, is it a 100 size spool but in G1?
The spool I saw in the prototype was not stamped G1. The G1 SV spool is featured on the Steez SV TW and Zillion SV TW. I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that it's a duralumin Mag Z spool with 16/100 line capacity.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:10 am

G1 is the material used to make the spool. It is a G1 spool with Magforce Z

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:02 am

IAY wrote:G1 is the material used to make the spool. It is a G1 spool with Magforce Z
That's reasonable, again, G1 was not stamped on the prototype and the Daiwa guys didn't know if it was for sure G1 material or some other variant of duralumin as it may be...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 am

This is not good at all... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Normal stainless steel bearing should be enough and ceramic bearing might be overkill for handles. It should not be a lot of money to upgrade bearings.

But not every fishing man/woman is TTer who will feel so happy to upgrade those bearings.

Is this how Daiwa treats this USDM targeted Steez A reel? Saving cost?

How much profit could you get from this saving Daiwa? ](*,) ](*,)
"North" of America...

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 am

alafly wrote:This is not good at all... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Normal stainless steel bearing should be enough and ceramic bearing might be overkill for handles. It should not be a lot of money to upgrade bearings.

But not every fishing man/woman is TTer who will feel so happy to upgrade those bearings.

Is this how Daiwa treats this USDM targeted Steez A reel? Saving cost?

How much profit could you get from this saving Daiwa? ](*,) ](*,)
Get a grip man.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:21 am

Digitaka has these up. Not in stock, but gives me some pricing info.

https://www.digitaka.com/item.php?item=357509