Ordering tackle from japan

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
bigfish84
Angler
Angler

Ordering tackle from japan

Post by bigfish84 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:56 am

Best companys to deal with, and how bad is it to deal with custom? Anyone know Were one can buy Jackall nero rods in the USA.

Westbankcougar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Ordering tackle from japan

Post by Westbankcougar » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:16 am

I have had great experience with digitaka.com ,japanlureshop, jpangler.com and ichibahn

ayo8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ayo8 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:26 am

The companies mentioned above are reputable, and did some business from them.

Im not too sure about nero rods (ive never bought or used any) - its just not in my arsenal of rods.

In regards to customs: its not a hassle; until you have to pay duty tax, Lol. Ive never once paid duty on lures or reels. Rods, is a different story. I would say 80% of all of the imported rods Ive gotten Ive had to pay duty on. UPS 'typically' wants the duty tax before they release your package. fedex have always billed me weeks later, or never bills me at all.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:27 am

bass.co.jp is another good one as well. Two rods can be shipped in the same tube for the price of one (roughly $110 USD as current rates).

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:13 am

Westbankcougar wrote:I have had great experience with digitaka.com ,japanlureshop, jpangler.com and ichibahn
Good

jtgibso1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jtgibso1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:01 am

i've purchased from japan angler and digitaka and received items quickly and no hiccups

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:21 am

I bought a fishing rod in store: http://jpangler.com
Kazu answered to all my questions, order sent by EMS. After 7 days I got it in Moscow, Russia.
Good seller, recomend.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:59 am

I've ordered from digitaka. Fast shipping and got my reel in about 5 business days.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:26 am

All of the above are great as are Japan Tackle and Samurai Tackle but they are usually more exspensive that the others. Ichiban Tackle has become one of my favorites for lures and they have some good prices on used reels.

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:43 pm

All mentioned are good shops...however, none of them carry the Neros. Only place I know to that does is Shimreels out of Vietnam, and I do believe their stock is very low....the Neros came out a few years ago and supply is just about dried up. Love them myself and have a bunch :), would love to buy some more of the 6'6" ML spinning versions, but those have been gone for awhile :(.....I do love my Jackall stuff, best rod company out there IMO....what model are you looking for specifically?

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:32 am

CALL ME RIFLE wrote:All mentioned are good shops...however, none of them carry the Neros. Only place I know to that does is Shimreels out of Vietnam, and I do believe their stock is very low....the Neros came out a few years ago and supply is just about dried up. Love them myself and have a bunch :), would love to buy some more of the 6'6" ML spinning versions, but those have been gone for awhile :(.....I do love my Jackall stuff, best rod company out there IMO....what model are you looking for specifically?
You could always ask the nice folks at BassJP aka Proshop Otsuka if they will order it for you. They special ordered a couple of rods for me in the past.

kaigai@bass.co.jp

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:38 am

John G wrote:All of the above are great as are Japan Tackle and Samurai Tackle but they are usually more exspensive that the others. Ichiban Tackle has become one of my favorites for lures and they have some good prices on used reels.
No issues with Samurai? They have a good selection of soft plastics and I'll be placing an order soon. Thx

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:33 am

Samurai is expensive.....and once, they sent me a Megabass rod that had a jacked up, curved blank. A rod that I paid about 600 bucks for. Then old boy acted like he didn't want to ate it back, tried to tell me it was because the rod was splined properly lmao....finally talked him into taking it sick, but of course, at my expense to ship....ended up dumping it local atfç a loss to someone who didn't care. Screw that, I am definitely gonna care about a rod that expensive having an issue like that. I won't stop there anymore, but YMMV

bigfish84
Angler
Angler

Post by bigfish84 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:08 am

Call me rifleman Iam looking for ml casting rod.

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:57 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
John G wrote:All of the above are great as are Japan Tackle and Samurai Tackle but they are usually more exspensive that the others. Ichiban Tackle has become one of my favorites for lures and they have some good prices on used reels.
No issues with Samurai? They have a good selection of soft plastics and I'll be placing an order soon. Thx
Mark, my only problem with Samurai Tackle is it seems that their minimum EMS charge is $30. I was going to order some hard to find JDM colored Jackall Pompadour Jr.'s the other day and I said screw It because of the shipping. BassJP also has a great selection of soft plastics but sometimes the ordering process can be a pain in the ass and it will take a little longer to get your order because after you place your order, they have get all of your goods from their five different stores.