Tackle shops in Japan

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Podgy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Tackle shops in Japan

Post by Podgy » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi All, I've been trying to research some top brick and mortar tackle shops in Japan (preferably around Kansai or Tokyo areas) and have not really had much aside from online dealers. I really want to see and feel the products before I buy anything, so I am at a bit at a loss as to where to start.

Does anyone have any recommendations of some nice shops you've been to? I am primarily into surfcasting and would be bringing my gear back to New York. I'd be interested in virtually all products from rod/reels to lures, gear bags, waders, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

~Collin

Lure fisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Tackle shops in Japan

Post by Lure fisherman » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:54 pm

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Makes me want to go to Tokyo... =D> =D>

Podgy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Podgy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:23 am

Thank you very much for the link, this is really helpful :)

runmax08
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by runmax08 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:19 pm

I've been fortunate enough to travel to Japan and visit some of the tackle shops. There seems to be a tackle shop on every corner.
Bass fishing tackle is every where. All bass fisherman should visit at least once a year.

HdnRibs
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HdnRibs » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:28 am

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.
Lure fisherman wrote:Try this guide http://www.redtackle.com/blog/japan-fis ... ckle-shop/

Thanks for this terrific link. =D>

It will be most helpful on my trip. I am going to try and stop at every Tackleberry I see. But, being in full-on tourist mode, it might be a challenge. [-o<

Anyway, I can't wait to see myself standing in those crazy shops! :whistle: \:D/

BuckNaStY
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BuckNaStY » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:15 am

Was i japan 2 years ago. I was impressed with the bass scene there. Just walking the streets i was surprised on the amount of tackle shops they had! Like a kid in a candy store!!

Podgy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Podgy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:15 am

Thanks again, everyone. It sounds like there is no single place to go to, but rather it's better to check what's out there and hit up several shops.

Lure fisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Lure fisherman » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:18 pm

If you are in tokyo or osaka the tackleshop are lesser in the city area. You need to go near the sea to get the full scene of having lots of tackleshop around. So better get that information correct =)

Podgy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Podgy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:53 am

Thanks again, Lure Fisherman.

I checked out Ueshima's spot in Osaka last week and it was pretty cool, the owner was super nice. I'm going to try some other spots closer to the coastline sometime soon.

Podgy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Podgy » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:15 pm

After doing some more researching, I discovered Ichiban Eight: http://www.taikobo.net/ which has several shops in Kansai, mostly around Osaka. I got a chance to visit the Kyoto location yesterday and was very impressed. They had a large selection of just about everything and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I picked up 2 pairs of waders and am looking forward to going back soon, as well as checking out some of the Osaka locations. I'd highly recommend others visiting the area to check them out as well.

saoulons
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by saoulons » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Sounds awesome... :P

If anybody ever finds his/herself in Paris and gets really sick of Museums and Cathedrals (like I did a few years ago), there is a pretty cool fishing store in the 7th arrondissement (it was the only one I could find).

http://www.evous.fr/Des-Poissons-Si-Gra ... 75078.html

It had some unique items which I had never seen anywhere else. The prices were pretty high though.

HdnRibs
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HdnRibs » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:56 pm

So far I have made it to the store in Shibuya and one Tackleberry. Nothing in the Tackleberry, but the store in Shibuya has a new Megabass Zonda Hedgehog, right only or it would be mine! They also have new right and left Megabass Zonda 10s.

If you are into spinning gear, this place is heaven. More spinning reels than I cared to look at!

I did buy one of the reels on my list. \:D/
Attachments
image.jpeg
Alphas Air
image.jpeg (33.07 KiB) Viewed 7623 times

HdnRibs
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HdnRibs » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:21 am

Here are two in Kochi. I posted the phone numbers because I have no idea what the addresses are!

The first store has a nice selection of Diawa reels. The second store is for the most part, saltwater. Neither store has a very good lure selection.

I did buy a set of cork knobs at the first store. They also had bearing sets and colored drag stars in stock.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (63.46 KiB) Viewed 7500 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (45.75 KiB) Viewed 7500 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (48.97 KiB) Viewed 7500 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (62.14 KiB) Viewed 7500 times

HdnRibs
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HdnRibs » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:21 pm

I found another fishing tackle dealer in Kochi. This is by far the nicest fishing tackle store I've ever been in. However, it was super super light on baitcasting reels, but it had the worlds supply of high-end spinning reels. I am going back again tomorrow to make sure that I did not just miss the baitcasting reels.

No phone number or address for these guys, I still have not figured out how to deal with that.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (51.16 KiB) Viewed 7427 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 7427 times