Three rods to rule them all

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Three rods to rule them all

Post by Jdmbassman » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Teal101 wrote:Really hard to limit them to three being a tackle junkie, but heres my top 3.

I suggested three as I might give a Kayak fishing a try. Your post reminded me of my first love which is Drop Shot, this is where fishing started for me and I'm super confident in my NRX 822 F
DSR and Stella C3000XG when fishing a 4" Jackall Crosstail Shad.

Now I have the Super Stallion, that will be in there for anything single hook and then the Elsiel for Treeble hooks.

I am so glad you put up your post, I found it a delight to read and it definitely gave me lots to think about.

johnnybassboat
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnnybassboat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:50 am

For me it would be

Loomis glx845cbr for moving treble hook baits
Loomis nrx843mbr for spinnerbaits, swim jigs, and vibrating jigs
Loomis nrx 893, 873, or 894 for bottom contact baits depending on weights and thickness of cover
Lucky to say I have all the above, but take many more along with me. :lol:

masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by masterbass » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:32 pm

I'm limited to 3 on my yak. I take the XX Perfect Pitch for hollow-bodied frogs and jigs. My nrx 893 is the ultimate senko/fat ika rod and XX jerk bait special for trebles.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:02 am

Right now...for the widest range of utility...

MB White Python with the LIN10 or Monoblock for most cranks, swimbaits, big topwater and swim jigs
MB XX Diablo Spec-R with a TD-Z Ito for senkos, jigs, worms, etc...super versatile stick for the price
Custom 7'2" ML XMG50 with an Airy Red Pixy for finesse stuff...spybait, drop shot, shakey head...

This covers moving and contact baits from 1/8oz to 2 oz.

Silas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Silas » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:12 am

Tokugawa wrote:Right now...for the widest range of utility...

MB White Python with the LIN10 or Monoblock for most cranks, swimbaits, big topwater and swim jigs
MB XX Diablo Spec-R with a TD-Z Ito for senkos, jigs, worms, etc...super versatile stick for the price
Custom 7'2" ML XMG50 with an Airy Red Pixy for finesse stuff...spybait, drop shot, shakey head...

This covers moving and contact baits from 1/8oz to 2 oz.

Well played!!!

I find this completely covers all bases. I'd love to have a White Python!!

I certainly agree with the choice of reels too. The Airy Red, in my opinion , is a "sleeper" that goes unnoticed .

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:12 am

It is pretty close to everything...I guess punching/flipping is not on there...so if I substitute the FX-711X4/Zillion for the Diablo, I can still do everything and then do some light flipping. :lol:

Redlinerobert
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redlinerobert » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:35 am

For me the three are easy.

Megabass Diablo SB paired with a tuned Millionaire Ize Light.

my custom Horny Toad Special paired with a tuned Conquest 100DC

Gan Craft Junk paired with a Zillion HLC.

Derek777
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Derek777 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:28 am

three rods for me are based on my current techniques that im enjoying

dropshotting is with my Megabass F5st-611X7 Bearing Down Type X. i fish my dropshot in laydowns and it is the perfect rod for it. the tip is perfect for casting and it is uber sensitive, and it has the backbone to get those big girls out from the nasty spots. its replaced my simoom and eiger northwall so completely i'm going to be putting them up for sale.

my big topwaters are handled amazingly well by my Megabass F6-71X4 Mat Bucker. perfect casting tip, perfect backbone, handle is just the right length to work the lures without fatigue or rib damage.

i have a ton of other nice rods, but none of them have that it factor (maybe the phase III bearing down for jigs and plastics, but i haven't used it enough to be sure yet) so i'm still looking for number 3, but i have a super red demon and a jdm topwater cult style rod coming, we shall see who reigns supreme.