JDM Chatterbait

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: JDM Chatterbait

Post by Pen3 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:55 pm

reels, rods, few lures and line. http://jpangler.com/ and https://japanlureshop.com/
bass lures http://www.bass.co.jp/index.php
trout lures http://www.troutshop.jp/index.php?m=english

Those are the ones i frequent and there is also Rakuten, which is like kind of similar to Amazon.
If you can confirm the store is indeed located in Japan, you can't go wrong. Japan isn't as shady as most other countries to order from. Even the eBayers won't back out of a transaction when it ends much less than anticipated.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:49 pm

ctgalloway21 wrote:dumb question here. I just looked up all of these and they look great. I have never ordered from Japan but which websites do you guys trust the most? Which is the Japan Tackle Warehouse?
Good experience with JPAngler, Japanlureshop, Ichibantackle, Samuraitackle with ordering from their sites directly. Samuraitackle is the most expensive with respect to shipping, but they have a huge selection.

Windyside on Rakuten is good and fast.

There are a couple of sellers on ebay that are good too--shimreels and shinok come to mind.

Edited to add Megabass's new English site for shopping has already lightened my wallet a bit. :mrgreen: :lol:

However, with the dollar's strength vis-a-vi the yen, that dollar buys a lot more than it did. :D

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:54 am

Pen3 wrote:I've actually never used a Z-Man chatterbait before.
We bought a few, 3rd cast the blade broke off.
Hard to justify buying any Z-Man product when they go suing all the smaller guys for patent infringement, when their own product is well below par.

The only reason MB has yet to make available the Wild header here in America, is because Clausen uses Z-Man, would create somewhat of an awkward situation is what I've been told.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:50 am

389Maverick wrote:
Pen3 wrote:I've actually never used a Z-Man chatterbait before.
We bought a few, 3rd cast the blade broke off.
Hard to justify buying any Z-Man product when they go suing all the smaller guys for patent infringement, when their own product is well below par.

The only reason MB has yet to make available the Wild header here in America, is because Clausen uses Z-Man, would create somewhat of an awkward situation is what I've been told.
I would think that the patent issues is the reason. Otherwise, I imagine that Jackall's Break Blade and other JDM manufacturer's models would be here.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 am

The Jackall's Break Blade is sweeeet!

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:12 am

cndbasshunter wrote:The Jackall's Break Blade is sweeeet!
It is good and the choice to use owner cutting point is very smart. I think i own 6 break blades ranging from the small 1/8 to 1/2 oz, the hooks are smaller on light models too. More brands should use the Owner cutting points, my 10 year old Deps lures hold the point very good.

Deaknh
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Deaknh » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:56 am

Geecrack makes a nice one.

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:05 am

Are Imakatsu Mogulla Moth Chatter Monster Jigs any good ?

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:15 am

It is a very old design, one of the first if not the first JDM chatterbaits made in production. Old doesn't mean bad, but it has never caught my interest. I have use their more fineese short shank Shakey chatterbait though and caught some nice fish, mostly pikes. The lead head is full of dents and scars, but still runs fine and still catches fish.

ctgalloway21
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ctgalloway21 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:43 am

Ok, I found some of the chatterbaits on 4 different sites. Placed an order on all 4 of them. Samurai Tackle, Ratuken, Ebay, and Japan Lure Shop. How long does it normally take ya'll to receive lures from China or Japan?

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:02 pm

ctgalloway21 wrote:Ok, I found some of the chatterbaits on 4 different sites. Placed an order on all 4 of them. Samurai Tackle, Ratuken, Ebay, and Japan Lure Shop. How long does it normally take ya'll to receive lures from China or Japan?
About 3 or 4 days once shipped. Usually.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:34 pm

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
ctgalloway21 wrote:Ok, I found some of the chatterbaits on 4 different sites. Placed an order on all 4 of them. Samurai Tackle, Ratuken, Ebay, and Japan Lure Shop. How long does it normally take ya'll to receive lures from China or Japan?
About 3 or 4 days once shipped. Usually.
EMS is really fast shipping!

Jdmbassman
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jdmbassman » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:01 pm

thats my experience too. Each site has just two of each thing. I guess you and I will have taken all they had :)

ctgalloway21
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ctgalloway21 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:29 pm

well crap. I never saw the email with final shipping amount for Ratuken Windyside so my order was cancelled while I was at the beach. Any good place to get Megabass Wild Headers? Ratuken is down and gives me errors when I try to replace my order.

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:07 am

ctgalloway21 wrote:well crap. I never saw the email with final shipping amount for Ratuken Windyside so my order was cancelled while I was at the beach. Any good place to get Megabass Wild Headers? Ratuken is down and gives me errors when I try to replace my order.
I would try them again. Forgot to mention earlier that Rakuten has like a two step process. Windyside is pretty fast shipping.