tackleberry

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

tackleberry

Post by timsford » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:48 pm

So i was skimming the site tonight and came across a thread that mentioned the great prices on td-z's on tackleberry. I dont understand japanese but doing my rather shaky mental monetary conversion calculator, i saw some very nice reels around 100. I didnt want to hijack the other thread, so i started this one hoping to find out more about tackleberry and also yahoo japan and other places to buy used jdm reels. How does the site work. Is it an auction site like fleabay or a set asking price site like craigslist. Can anyone worldwide buy there or is a japanese middleman needed? Also any user feedback, good or bad, and any other info would be greatly appreciated. Dont get me wrong there are a lot of great new value priced reels, but a used tdz with all the available mods and performance parts is hard to pass up for 100 or so. Also last but not least, is there a way to translate the site in english. Thanks for your help fellow tackletour members

ferrysj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: tackleberry

Post by ferrysj » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:51 am

I always check TT user sales first and the used sections at board advertisers. But...

TB is not an auction site. The price you see is the price you pay. I think it is a large retailer with used inventory posted from all locations.

No matter. Find the reel you want on Tackleberry. Use Chrome and right click for page translate; it will help ("Bait Reel"). Send a link to PLAT and request them to procure the reel. They will send you an invoice for PP that includes a reasonable mark-up for them and all shipping before you have to commit. Add about 30% to whatever the TB price is for estimate. Whole process took about a month.

I have learned a few sort tricks to zero in on the reels I want. Then I sort by grade. Several weeks a go there were several TDZ 103 ML for under $100. I purchased a nearly new (looked new) Smak Red Tune for $145 to my door.