Phenix Production K2

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Phenix Production K2

Post by robchik04 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:01 am

Who's buying some? Lots of guys here asking for over a year. Looks like Phenix took all our opinions and tried to put out the best rod possible, and after a delay with the guides, here they are.

I'm def all-in on the 765c and 713s

Anyone else?

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Phenix Production K2

Post by H8R » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:12 am

Sure... In October... LOL. The release of this rod has been a joke!

Silas
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Silas » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:09 am

Got tired of waiting!

Received a G Loomis 893IMX in mail today! Ahhhh!

Nothing like a proven rod over a promise of one.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 am

I have a feeling the spinning sticks will make for boss Lindy Rig rods.

robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robchik04 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:22 am

H8R wrote:Sure... In October... LOL. The release of this rod has been a joke!
Can't please everyone. They have them at a previous iCast then get railed for design. Then they encounter a delay from the manufacturer of the guides and get railed some more. All good.

Me personally, I've got a couple customs, can't wait to get the production models.

Congoman775
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Congoman775 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:29 am

robchik04 wrote:
Can't please everyone. They have them at a previous iCast then get railed for design. Then they encounter a delay from the manufacturer of the guides and get railed some more. All good.

Me personally, I've got a couple customs, can't wait to get the production models.
Hey man, it doesn't take an MBA to know that's a pretty poor business tactic. Chevy doesn't run commercials for cars you can't buy.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:43 am

Looking for a better selection, but ain't holding my breath. 7'3" MH & H with fast or extra fast would be nice.

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:28 am

robchik04 wrote:

I've already got one reserved... lets be realistic though, they counted the chickens LONG before they hatched. I've also got plenty of information that isn't exactly public... there's more to it than guides...

TFOUR
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TFOUR » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:34 am

The Blanks are really sensitive you just have to make sure to handle it properly. To many guys complain when a really high modulus rod breaks because they tried to boat flip a 5 lber or they accidently scratched it and wondered why it broke a week later.

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:44 am

Wonder how the overall build quality is on these rods :-k

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:23 pm

can't wait to see the production rods. i've been fishing custom k2's for quite a while now. :big grin: :big grin:

robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robchik04 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:38 am

H8R wrote:
robchik04 wrote:

I've already got one reserved... lets be realistic though, they counted the chickens LONG before they hatched. I've also got plenty of information that isn't exactly public... there's more to it than guides...

Well that's good the negativity you are saying on a public forum hasn't stopped you from buying one.

I'm no special guy insider, all i know is what is in the public domain. Breakage issues for the 1st generation raw blanks. Those raw blanks were then updated. Guides not available for production from Fuji.

robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robchik04 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:49 am

froteur wrote:can't wait to see the production rods. i've been fishing custom k2's for quite a while now. :big grin: :big grin:
Me too. I'm excited. I'm glad they took this last production year to get right whatever they needed to get right. They're not going to please everyone. Seems to me Phenix rods are met with a lot of criticism. I mean had they rushed the K2s last year, due to public "outcry", there would be the same group of people slamming them for stuff being wrong. Instead, there were apparently some problems that only "insiders" know, and they took it back to get it right. I see zero problem with that. Yet, they still get slammed. That's too bad.

So yup, I'm excited too. My M1's, Recons, and MBXs have been doing a fine job. Now time to add more K2s

robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robchik04 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:53 am

TFOUR wrote:The Blanks are really sensitive you just have to make sure to handle it properly. To many guys complain when a really high modulus rod breaks because they tried to boat flip a 5 lber or they accidently scratched it and wondered why it broke a week later.
^^^^^
This. The voice of reason.

Phantom
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Phantom » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:34 pm

what i don't get is the fact they have gone for weight reduction across the board, high mod pre-peg, torzite and skeleton seats, yet dump a heap of metal trim in the handle?? none of it is require and none of it looks good imo