Orochi x4 f4- 67 type f

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Orochi x4 f4- 67 type f

Post by KP Duty » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:13 pm

I can purchase this rod for a good price, but am confused about the discription. It's listed as an XF taper, but the discription on megabass's website raves about its soft tip...even says it's a 'spinning rod' tip. I'm confused. I want a J/W rod...I prefer XF, but would settle for a fast such as my steez 6'7"mh. I don't want the tip to be like my compile X's which will flex wire 3/8 Oz jigs.

slicksouthpaw
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Orochi x4 f4- 67 type f

Post by slicksouthpaw » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:13 am

it can be rated fast or xfast and still have a soft tip. those ratings usually mean how fast the action shuts off.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:55 am

slicksouthpaw wrote:it can be rated fast or xfast and still have a soft tip. those ratings usually mean how fast the action shuts off.
Yeah...I thought about that last night. I read more on it and the rod was designed for soft plastics, and Megabass claims the tip wwill give them more actiion. I guess I'll just have to play around with one. I'm glad I didn't dive in yet. I'm just used to usdm actions/tapers. The steez svf lineup didn't really introduce me to the jdm norm. The compile x seems more like what everyone explains a jdm rod to behave.

slicksouthpaw
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by slicksouthpaw » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:25 pm

i never fished that rod but got a x4 f568. its rated "regular" taper and it does flex more down the blank. but that tip is far from soft.

despite being rated regular i had absolutely no problem setting hooks on weedless rigs.

slicksouthpaw
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by slicksouthpaw » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:26 pm

but you are right. it would be better to feel the rod. i was expecting more of a "softer" action.