Megabass MH Texas Rig Rod

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass MH Texas Rig Rod

Post by masterbass » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:35 pm

I also own an x7 extreme mission and throw the same stuff you mentioned and so far really love it. I'm curious about how the nrx 893 compares to it because I've never used an nrx.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:12 pm

Where did the super bandersnatch go?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:04 pm

goldrod wrote:Where did the super bandersnatch go?
I don’t have a P3 B-snatch, but I do have the X7 EM and I’d say look no further for the that intended weight range particularly for long casts. To me it was lighter than expected when I first got it; I love the rod. My only other x7 experiences; however were and are rekai and simoon (broke the former last year :( )

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:08 pm

How does the X7 Exreme Mission compare to the NRX 893, Nautilus, and Javelin?

After getting my Nautilus I got rid of my NRX 893 and have not regretted it for a second. While it was slightly more sensative the XF action was just too fast with too soft of a tip for the backbone and changed from soft tip to backbone too quickly. With heavier baits the backbone felt right but the tip felt too soft and with lighter baits the tip felt right but the backbone too strong. I also lost too many fish because not that much of the rod loaded up and it was like I only fought them with the end of the rod. If the X7 Extreme mission has the taper like a Nautilus or Javelin with a little less power it might be ideal for baits where those are a little too much rod. But if it has a true XF action with the soft tip abruptly changing to a strong backbone like the NRX 893 I would have no interest.

Patex
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Patex » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:08 am

I would recommend the F4-76X7 Western Flip for light texas with 1/4 3/8 weights, for bit more hook setting power I would recommend the F5st-611X7 bearing Down Type-X. I have both rods and both are amazingly sensitive.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:52 am

I have used a NRX 893C for several years for bottom contact in the weight range listed by the OP. While an excellent, sensitive rod, it is limited in its range of techniques. After some "research", I settled on either a MB Javelin or Conquest 903C to possibly replace the 893 and extend the range of techniques I would like in the rod.

After some further checking and detailed PMs/conversation with Gary, I decided to try the Conquest 903C first, which is waiting for my return home tonight :D I have "high hopes" that the rod will deliver on my expectations.

Apologies for the semi-hijack of the thread, but I thought the above 'fit' into the conversation in this thread.

Regards,

Doc

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:11 am

CQ903C is awesome, i like it allot more than my 893C. Much more butt power and the action is so much more versatile.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:33 am

cndbasshunter wrote:CQ903C is awesome, i like it allot more than my 893C. Much more butt power and the action is so much more versatile.
Thanks! That is good to hear!

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:57 pm

hungry_cow wrote:How does the X7 Exreme Mission compare to the NRX 893, Nautilus, and Javelin?

After getting my Nautilus I got rid of my NRX 893 and have not regretted it for a second. While it was slightly more sensative the XF action was just too fast with too soft of a tip for the backbone and changed from soft tip to backbone too quickly. With heavier baits the backbone felt right but the tip felt too soft and with lighter baits the tip felt right but the backbone too strong. I also lost too many fish because not that much of the rod loaded up and it was like I only fought them with the end of the rod. If the X7 Extreme mission has the taper like a Nautilus or Javelin with a little less power it might be ideal for baits where those are a little too much rod. But if it has a true XF action with the soft tip abruptly changing to a strong backbone like the NRX 893 I would have no interest.

It’s not just like the nautilus; somewhat faster. But it does not behave like you describe for the 893. It tapers into backbone somewhere between the 5 and 6 guide from the tip. It does feel more stiff the the nautilus, but I would not call the tip soft like described for the 893.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:34 am

hungry_cow wrote:How does the X7 Exreme Mission compare to the NRX 893, Nautilus, and Javelin?

Despite what was said earlier in this thread dated 2015, the X7 EM imo is more powerful than the 893c and its apparent. The 893 is a faster action rod though for sure. I fished both side by side and ended up selling the 893c and still use the X7 EM today. I use it primarily for 3/8oz jigs. The 893c felt a little more sensitive than the X7 EM, but not enough so for it to make up in the usability department since the X7 is versatile if needed.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm