Abu Garcia Revo Rocket

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Seriouschumit
Angler
Angler

Abu Garcia Revo Rocket

Post by Seriouschumit » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Anyone has a review or anything to share about a revo rocket?

SpecksReds
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Abu Garcia Revo Rocket

Post by SpecksReds » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:53 am

Great reel. I have one that I fish Redfish with. It's not a Rocket per say anymore because I changed the gear's in it to 6.4:1 while I was changing that I added a set of Hedge Hog Studio Kattobi ZHI spool bearings removed the magnets and tuned the drag. On yesterday evening's fishing trip I caught a 31" Red that weighed 10 1/2lbs. I have it on a St Croix Mojo Inshore and together they weigh 12.3 ounces.

hotdogin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hotdogin » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:58 pm

Tackle Tour did a full in depth review not too long ago.

runmax08
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by runmax08 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:09 am

Don't buy right away and wait for the prices to drop. Maybe in the 250.00 range. :whistle:

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:53 am

since you posted this in the 'enthusiast & import tackle' forum, i'm assuming you're inquiring about the JDM revo elite IB rocket 9 (chrome silver finish) and not the red USDM revo rocket? not that there's much difference (EXCEPT FOR THE CLICKING DRAG! \:D/ ) anyway, i have both. unfortunately, my USDM rocket arrived with the same 'revo sticky clutch syndrome' my gen3 revo STX had but not as bad. with some use, the problem seems to have mostly gone away. i've only had it out on the water a couple of times but the line pickup speed is amazing and immediately noticeable. i ordered the JDM elite IB rocket earlier this summer and have not fished with it yet. playing with it at home, the clutch hasn't stuck on me yet. i like the flat bottom spool much more than the USDM rocket's shallow-V but have nothing to report on actual usage yet.