new MB black jungle rod- the Nephilm!

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

new MB black jungle rod- the Nephilm!

Post by spookybaits » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 am

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet, so...
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pros ... 473389320/

LENGTH:8.0
Lure Capa: 10-30 oz :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil22:
Line Capa: 30-50 lb
Action:medium FAST

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: new MB black jungle rod- the Nephilm!

Post by spookybaits » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:21 am

Also-

The x4 barchetta- http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/f2-54x4/

The x4 speed tip custom- http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/f3-61x4/

The x4 car bottle- http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pros ... nd_item_en

The black jungle double bull- http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/fx-83xbj/

The black jungle count up- http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/products/f3-83xsbj/

F3.5- 70xsbj spinning rod- http://www.megabass.co.jp/site/f3half-70xsbj

There's one or 2 more I saw on rakuten, can't find em atm

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 am

Lure Capa: 10-30 oz
Alabama rigging 6" huds 8-)

tolliver7
Angler
Angler

Post by tolliver7 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:11 am

spookybaits wrote:
That has to be a typo or they're branching out into sturgeon fishing.

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:40 am

Sweet now I can have a Megabass halibut/sturgeon rod!

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:13 am

tolliver7 wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
That has to be a typo or they're branching out into sturgeon fishing.
Musky baits.

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:16 am

spookybaits wrote:

Or Alabama rigging Roman made? :laugh1:

The Barchetta would be a sweet kayak rod. =P~

MondayMonkey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MondayMonkey » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:44 am

kakaryan wrote:
spookybaits wrote:

Or Alabama rigging Roman made? :laugh1:

The Barchetta would be a sweet kayak rod. =P~
I just saw that lol 5'4 is insane. I prefer my kayak rods in the 6'10 range.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:07 am

tolliver7 wrote: That has to be a typo or they're branching out into sturgeon fishing.
i thought typo too, like maybe 3-10oz, but its in the pic from megabass, so...?
But with swimbaits hitting 10oz-14oz these days... I guess its not that unrealistic.
Its one thing for a rod to be able to handle 10oz, but to be able to launch one...

Or Alabama rigging Roman made?
dude thats crazy talk :lol:
Bama rigging 6'' hudds would actually be doable, and in certain circumstances I bet it'd be extremely effective- fishing in schooling blueback herring waters down here in Ga, or in Ca when they release the stocker trouts.
i need to post this up on the swimbait forum, see what they think

legendaryyaj
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by legendaryyaj » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:00 pm

Bill Siemantel did it with Spro's.

trout27
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by trout27 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:45 pm

5'4 would not be too bad but I normally fish 6'6 to 7 out of my yak. However one situation I can think were a really short rod would help is when you get dragged by bigger fish i.e pike or even a big bass into a pier or near heavier cover it is easier to control the rod and paddle one handed with a shorter rod. This happens to me a lot on my small kayak and because I often dont like to fish with an anchor since I fish ponds a lot.

Thanks,

Ryan

VAsmallies
Angler
Angler

Post by VAsmallies » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Not to hijack, but of the rods listed in the links above the one that has my interest is the double bull. Would love to try that with my exsence dc for Carolina rigs, flutter spoons, and flipping. Anyone have experience with it?

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:17 pm

VAsmallies wrote:Not to hijack, but of the rods listed in the links above the one that has my interest is the double bull. Would love to try that with my exsence dc for Carolina rigs, flutter spoons, and flipping. Anyone have experience with it?
None of those rods are out yet as far as I know. Here in the states, Gary(bronzefly here) at the tackletrap will be the go-to guy for info & ordering/pre-ordering.

5'4 would not be too bad but I normally fish 6'6 to 7 out of my yak. However one situation I can think were a really short rod would help is when you get dragged by bigger fish i.e pike or even a big bass into a pier or near heavier cover it is easier to control the rod and paddle one handed with a shorter rod. This happens to me a lot on my small kayak and because I often dont like to fish with an anchor since I fish ponds a lot.
You want a paddle with a big blade. The bigger the blade the more stopping power(and umph when paddling). I've tried all types of paddles over the past 13 years- I like a big blade & light(carbon) straight shaft. Bigger blade the better. Touring paddles(skinny blades), for me, are not where it's at. Yeah they may be less fatiuging, but you have to make twice as many strokes, and they aren't worth a sh*t for stopping, maneuvering, one handed paddling, etc. and they just don't have the power to get up & go when you need to haul ass, like out of a storm.
Also- gotta master the 'one handed paddle technique'. Lock that paddle shaft up under your forearm.
Shorter paddles are easier with this than longer paddles.

In all my 'jam ups' with fish, I've never thought I "I need a shorter rod". Shorter paddle, bigger blade, longer net, etc, but never wanted a shorter rod when in a bind with a fish. Although I will say- shorter rods are definitely more tactical in a kayak in close quarters. No doubt about that.
And I do like short rods- 6'0-6'6, when tossing little plastics into cover, and walk the dog/sweeping techniques from a kayak. But 5'4.... I dunno. That's pretty short. Would maybe make a good ice fishing rod or little kid rod. Or rod for midgets & dwarves. (And hobbits). :D

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigreddog » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:30 am

spookybaits wrote:
VAsmallies wrote:Not to hijack, but of the rods listed in the links above the one that has my interest is the double bull. Would love to try that with my exsence dc for Carolina rigs, flutter spoons, and flipping. Anyone have experience with it?
None of those rods are out yet as far as I know. Here in the states, Gary(bronzefly here) at the tackletrap will be the go-to guy for info & ordering/pre-ordering.
Actually, aside from the Nephilm, Carbine ("Car Bottle") and the F1-66x4s-ss Spetsnaz, which are all coming in September, I believe all the other rods are available now.

For example, there's a Count Up sitting in the corner of my office as we speak. :)

trout27
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by trout27 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:47 am

spookybaits wrote:
You want a paddle with a big blade. The bigger the blade the more stopping power(and umph when paddling). I've tried all types of paddles over the past 13 years- I like a big blade & light(carbon) straight shaft. Bigger blade the better. Touring paddles(skinny blades), for me, are not where it's at. Yeah they may be less fatiuging, but you have to make twice as many strokes, and they aren't worth a sh*t for stopping, maneuvering, one handed paddling, etc. and they just don't have the power to get up & go when you need to haul ass, like out of a storm.
Also- gotta master the 'one handed paddle technique'. Lock that paddle shaft up under your forearm.
Shorter paddles are easier with this than longer paddles.

In all my 'jam ups' with fish, I've never thought I "I need a shorter rod". Shorter paddle, bigger blade, longer net, etc, but never wanted a shorter rod when in a bind with a fish. Although I will say- shorter rods are definitely more tactical in a kayak in close quarters. No doubt about that.
And I do like short rods- 6'0-6'6, when tossing little plastics into cover, and walk the dog/sweeping techniques from a kayak. But 5'4.... I dunno. That's pretty short. Would maybe make a good ice fishing rod or little kid rod. Or rod for midgets & dwarves. (And hobbits). :D
Thanks for the advice man I recently got into kayak fishing last year was my first year. So I do not have a practice. Right now I have a kayak that was just meant for crusing I found at a yard sale and it is an old town. I made a pvc rig/mount that holds my rods and tackle and put an outrigger on it this year so I could stand easier. My paddle is not anything fancy so I might have to look into a new one.

Thanks,

Ryan