Bought a PX68 Liberto Pixy: I need help

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Bought a PX68 Liberto Pixy: I need help

Post by trent_s » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Is there a 12 step program for this sh#t??

Someone at least tell me what to expect, because I already pulled the trigger :lol: I don't own any Daiwa's now...I have fished a Zillion JDM. I got the Pixy for what I thought was a good price $347, idk. Someone take my credit cards...please. I'm not kidding!! Here we go again every damn spring :shock:
Anyone reading this section of the boards knows the feeling I'm sure!

AndZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Bought a PX68 Liberto Pixy: I need help

Post by AndZ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:27 pm

trent_s wrote:Is there a 12 step program for this sh#t??

Someone at least tell me what to expect, because I already pulled the trigger :lol: I don't own any Daiwa's now...I have fished a Zillion JDM. I got the Pixy for what I thought was a good price $347, idk. Someone take my credit cards...please. I'm not kidding!! Here we go again every damn spring :shock:
You're in for a treat, that's for sure. Congrats! PX68 is smoother than the older versions thanks to its all-brass gears, faster (same IPT as the Steez) and it comes factory-upgraded. No need to "pixzillize" it anymore. Some Hedgehog Air Bearings will make it cast lighter offerings easier. That and a I'ZE Factory SFS spool should you feel the need for tinkering - next winter perhaps. :)

Wachtel
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Wachtel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:30 am

I'm in the same boat. When the lakes started to freeze over I had the very sensible notion to get that PX68. Couldn't shake it so :D

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:30 am

A man gotta do what he gotta do, if it itches ---> scratch it !

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigreddog » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:39 am

So... by "help," would you like us to give you a list of upgrades, or to help you choose a new rod to pair with that bad boy? :lol:

Congrats and enjoy the ride.

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:56 am

bigreddog wrote:So... by "help," would you like us to give you a list of upgrades, or to help you choose a new rod to pair with that bad boy? :lol:

Let's start with the "necessary upgrades", because I can see I'm surrounded by other addicts :evil22:

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 am

trent_s wrote:
bigreddog wrote:So... by "help," would you like us to give you a list of upgrades, or to help you choose a new rod to pair with that bad boy? :lol:

Let's start with the "necessary upgrades", because I can see I'm surrounded by other addicts :evil22:
Replace the bushing in the knobs with a bearing. Replace the bushing on the worm drive with a bearing. Add a clicker conversion kit and a PX Type R dragstar. Replace the drag washers with Carbontex washers. Replace the spool and sideplate bearings with upgraded bearings. :D

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:06 am

njbasscat wrote:
trent_s wrote:

Replace the bushing in the knobs with a bearing. Replace the bushing on the worm drive with a bearing. Add a clicker conversion kit and a PX Type R dragstar. Replace the drag washers with Carbontex washers. Replace the spool and sideplate bearings with upgraded bearings. :D
That sounds like a few hundred more schillings. :whistle: I wish you wouldn't have posted that b/c now of course I think I "need" all those upgrades :D

smalliesteve
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by smalliesteve » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:32 pm

It's not that bad

Knob bearings $10
Levelwind bearing and spacer $8
Spool bearings $30
Carbontex $8

Clicking drag kit $40
Clicking dragstar $25

$120 and you're done :D. Plus you can get everything from the Tackle Trap...one stop shop.

I've got a PXL R and it's a fantastic reel (basically the same as the PX68). You're going to love it!!

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:28 pm

smalliesteve wrote:It's not that bad

Knob bearings $10
Levelwind bearing and spacer $8
Spool bearings $30
Carbontex $8

Clicking drag kit $40
Clicking dragstar $25

$120 and you're done :D. Plus you can get everything from the Tackle Trap...one stop shop.

I've got a PXL R and it's a fantastic reel (basically the same as the PX68). You're going to love it!!
I'm stoked!! Can't wait to get it.

RISE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RISE » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:36 pm

I guess I'll break my anonymity...I got sober just shy of 5 years ago and I wish there was a 12 step program for this because I'm definitely a tackleholic...but....I'd rather be spending my hard earned money on something that brings me joy rather than something that brought me nothing but pain and trouble for so many years.
No regrets!! Congrats!! Your gonna love that reel...period!!

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:43 pm

RISE wrote:

I guess I'll break my anonymity...I got sober just shy of 5 years ago and I wish there was a 12 step program for this because I'm definitely a tackleholic...but....I'd rather be spending my hard earned money on something that brings me joy rather than something that brought me nothing but pain and trouble for so many years.
I have been clean and sober for 17 years this coming June. And those addictions were child's play compared to my tackle obsesson..."Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an addict". :lol: Congrats on the PX68. You will enjoy it. =D>

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:38 am

RISE wrote:

I'd rather be spending my hard earned money on something that brings me joy rather than something that brought me nothing but pain and trouble for so many years.
Marriage ? :-k

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:09 am

raul wrote:
RISE wrote:

I'd rather be spending my hard earned money on something that brings me joy rather than something that brought me nothing but pain and trouble for so many years.
Marriage ? :-k
The way you edited that it looks like I wrote that. LOL

Jeremy S
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Jeremy S » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:36 am

RISE wrote:

You and I are in the same boat man. On my birthday it'll be 6 years for me. Sobriety has bought my boat and a ridonkulous amount of tackle. I've always made pretty good money but I took drinking to an olympic level sport so it was a choice between drinking and anything else, I usually chose drinking and strippers lol. At least now I can look at my lifted tow pig and my 20i and see what I'm wasting my money on hahaha.