Megabass Destroyer X7 spec. and pricing

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Megabass Destroyer X7 spec. and pricing

Post by africanbass » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:51 am

Thanks for the info,
Grrrrr ;)

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 am

I like@!

SWH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SWH » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:44 pm

I was told that MB is not going to replace Phase 3 and they will be retailing in March or April, but probably with delays.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 am

SmallieSmasher wrote: I think the X7 means that their using the X7 blank technology from the ARMS Challenge line.
You may be correct. Blanks do appear to be the same as (or very similar to) the new ARMS Challenge rods.
(some spelling differences Coreplex X7 vs. Coreinplex X7 graphite) On the MB website vs. the X7 line spec sheet shown in this thread.

Under "Engineering" tab

http://www.megabass.co.jp/armschallenge ... index.html

If the Phase III's remain in production, these rods appear to be priced lower (even after the MB price drop).

SmallieSmasher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SmallieSmasher » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:48 am

USA-RET wrote:
SmallieSmasher wrote: I think the X7 means that their using the X7 blank technology from the ARMS Challenge line.
You may be correct. Blanks do appear to be the same as (or very similar to) the new ARMS Challenge rods.
(some spelling differences Coreplex X7 vs. Coreinplex X7 graphite) On the MB website vs. the X7 line spec sheet shown in this thread.

Under "Engineering" tab

If the Phase III's remain in production, these rods appear to be priced lower (even after the MB price drop).
Do you think these were less expensive to make in production? :-k

Maybe the new blank technology is cheaper to make? I hope their not cheapening the production process...

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:33 am

SmallieSmasher wrote:
USA-RET wrote:

Under "Engineering" tab

Maybe the new blank technology is cheaper to make? I hope their not cheapening the production process...
Hard to say. I know my Phase III Nautilus has the same reel seat as the ARMS Challenge rod while the new X7's appear to have an entirely different seat (apparently a less expensive one).

My guess is with the JPY dropping in value against the dollar and using some different components (fore grips appear to be different between the ARM, Phase II and the new X7's - with the Destroyer X7's appearing to be a little less intricate than the Phase III and the ARMS). Betting these type changes account for some of the price differences.

Blank production costs may drop as better technology and techniques evolve. I doubt MB will ever sacrifice the fishing quality of their products for the sake of profit. I'm expecting the Destroyer X7's to fish on par with the other Megabass rod lines. Most excellently!

SmallieSmasher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SmallieSmasher » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:45 pm

USA-RET wrote:
SmallieSmasher wrote:
USA-RET wrote:

Under "Engineering" tab

Hard to say. I know my Phase III Nautilus has the same reel seat as the ARMS Challenge rod while the new X7's appear to have an entirely different seat (apparently a less expensive one).

My guess is with the JPY dropping in value against the dollar and using some different components (fore grips appear to be different between the ARM, Phase II and the new X7's - with the Destroyer X7's appearing to be a little less intricate than the Phase III and the ARMS). Betting these type changes account for some of the price differences.

Blank production costs may drop as better technology and techniques evolve. I doubt MB will ever sacrifice the fishing quality of their products for the sake of profit. I'm expecting the Destroyer X7's to fish on par with the other Megabass rod lines. Most excellently!
That's what I'm hoping for too, fingers crossed! I really like the new price point, the bells and whistles are nice but with this price difference I think I may be more of a fan for the X7's, but this is only if the blank technology is on par or better.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:49 am

new mentanium will look good on the X7 western flip

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:59 pm

fishingandfords wrote:new mentanium will look good on the X7 western flip
Any updates on prices and release dates ??

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:41 am

Well, this morning I was informed by Tsuyoshi @ JPF that my F4-76X7 Western Flip has been delivered from Megabass, and is awaiting UPS collection 8-) 8-) :D :D

http://www.megabass.co.jp/products/bass ... -76x7.html

kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by kakaryan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:14 pm

I found some weight info on net photos that you may be interested.

F2-63X7 - 103g
F2.1/2-66X7 - 107g
F3-69X7 - 113g

F7-71X7 - 141g

GeorgiDenver
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by GeorgiDenver » Tue May 07, 2013 5:25 am

Hi Vidar6 ! Would you please explain to me how looks the OFFSET HANDLE on your F4-76X7 .I am looking to buy one Megabass jigging/flipping/punching- Medium-Heavy rod .I like the Western Flip Rod but I could not visualize how the Offset Handle looks like .I made contact with The Tackle Trap / a Megabass Rods Retailer / but I could not get an explanation in a satisfactory way .Please let me know by message .Thank you for your time and attention .

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Tue May 07, 2013 6:43 am

GeorgiDenver wrote:Hi Vidar6 ! Would you please explain to me how looks the OFFSET HANDLE on your F4-76X7 .I am looking to buy one Megabass jigging/flipping/punching- Medium-Heavy rod .I like the Western Flip Rod but I could not visualize how the Offset Handle looks like .I made contact with The Tackle Trap / a Megabass Rods Retailer / but I could not get an explanation in a satisfactory way .Please let me know by message .Thank you for your time and attention .
Well, it only means that the rod is two-piece with the joint in the handle fore-grip i.e. the the blank itself is still one-piece.

Katron
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Katron » Tue May 07, 2013 10:39 am

fishingandfords wrote:new mentanium will look good on the X7 western flip
You can say that again. I've been eyeing up that reel but haven't yet decided on a rod to put it on yet. The western flip sure fits the bill nicely!

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 am

I need to see the rod where it comes apart. Not a huge fan of 2 piece rods but I still want 2 flipping sticks and its going to be a 795 flip and either the western flip or a GLX 953 oe 894