Daiwa BBS spool

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Real Legg Legend
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa BBS spool

Post by Real Legg Legend » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 am

can somebody give me any info on this? purchased a tdz with the bbs spool and aside from the fixed rotor can anybody tell me advantages and disadvantages from the regular tdz gigas spool? any help much appreciate, thanks!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa BBS spool

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:01 pm

This is just my opinion, but the Achilles heel of the bbs is the spool. Its heavy and really seems out of place in such a great platform, though it will perform its duty by design reasonablly well. It seems fine for tossing 3/4 oz. and larger stuff, but in a td-z, it just seems wrong :lol: The bbs is sweet with a 100m spool or even a fixed inductor zillion hlc spool and a fine reel save for the spool, and maybe the handle. I would get that bbs spool out of there and restore your 100m to its original glory, or at least get an hlc spool in there.

Vidar6
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vidar6 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:37 pm

bronzefly wrote:This is just my opinion, but the Achilles heel of the bbs is the spool. Its heavy and really seems out of place in such a great platform, though it will perform its duty by design reasonablly well. It seems fine for tossing 3/4 oz. and larger stuff, but in a td-z, it just seems wrong :lol: The bbs is sweet with a 100m spool or even a fixed inductor zillion hlc spool and a fine reel save for the spool, and maybe the handle. I would get that bbs spool out of there and restore your 100m to its original glory, or at least get an hlc spool in there.
Yup, I agree completely :D :D

I put a Zillion HLC spool in my BBS and the casting performance improved to no end 8-) 8-)

Real Legg Legend
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Real Legg Legend » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:21 am

thanks guys...