Auction site gems

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Cyacnba
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Auction site gems

Post by Cyacnba » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:47 pm

spookybaits wrote: Tsunekichi is a jdm lure company. Looks like the 7.3 limited jdm zillion with an HLC handle. I never liked that chrome/aluminum strip across the thumbrest on those, but no doubt it's a good model zillion. I've always considered them the jdm version of the type R.
That's pretty cool that there were only 7 of them made. Good find!
Thanks, I didn't know they were that rare. It looks exactly like the 50th Anniversary, so I'm not sure what changes they made on it besides the handle.
If it was new, I might have pulled the trigger, but I went with this one instead http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/w144180818 . Not cheap, but I doubt I will find a new lefty TD ITO 103 for less.

CALL ME RIFLE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by CALL ME RIFLE » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:16 pm

spookybaits wrote:
Cyacnba wrote:Looks like a 50th Anniversary Zillion, but the handle is different. Has anyone heard or seen this model, the Tsunekichi Edition?
http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/c551732878
Tsunekichi is a jdm lure company. Looks like the 7.3 limited jdm zillion with an HLC handle. I never liked that chrome/aluminum strip across the thumbrest on those, but no doubt it's a good model zillion. I've always considered them the jdm version of the type R.
That's pretty cool that there were only 7 of them made. Good find!
Tsunekichi makes great lures, I personally love the Huss bug...would love to have that reel in righty

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:28 am

Be ware of someone selling cheap Saltigas , there is a couple sellers in Italy that may have had there accounts hacked by scammers .

drift123
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by drift123 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm still trying to figure out all the auction sites. If you want to keep it a secret why even brag about it here =; :mrgreen:

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:50 pm

drift123 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out all the auction sites. If you want to keep it a secret why even brag about it here =; :mrgreen:
People like to pass on the good deals on to others. I bought a td z from an action site recommended by a forum member from this thread. Sweet deal, the reel is in awesome shape.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:24 pm

drift123 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out all the auction sites. If you want to keep it a secret why even brag about it here =; :mrgreen:
The "Gems" part of the title is implying that it's a tough to find item. It took me a while to figure out some of the sites but I don't have all of them sorted out the way some of the folks on here do. It takes time but if you put some effort into searching the site for the same topics and posts that I searched for, you'll have it figured out in no time!

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:40 am

Let's say if you are lefty and found a nice condition right hand reel with reasonable price, why not pass it to someone might like it?

The roses in her hand, the flavor in mine :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
"North" of America...

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 am

alafly wrote:Let's say if you are lefty and found a nice condition right hand reel with reasonable price, why not pass it to someone might like it?

Agree 100% but now I must know where that quote comes from. :)

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:01 am

The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.
George William Curtis

Have a good day! :-({|= :-({|= :-({|=
cortman wrote:
alafly wrote:Let's say if you are lefty and found a nice condition right hand reel with reasonable price, why not pass it to someone might like it?

Agree 100% but now I must know where that quote comes from. :)
"North" of America...

ibobpeb
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ibobpeb » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Just wanted to pass this deal on since I have a few of these rods already and the Lady won't be happy if I buy another one. Came upon this 7'2" Megabass Hyuga 2pc rod for a steal of a price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282426549930

jmb27
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jmb27 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:34 pm

Obz wrote:
People like to pass on the good deals on to others. I bought a td z from an action site recommended by a forum member from this thread. Sweet deal, the reel is in awesome shape.
This. It's good karma...

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:35 am

Seller hasn't had much activity, but if this shows up at all and in 1 piece, I am happy :big grin: . Been looking for one for awhile now. I was the only bidder which makes me worry a bit. Picked it up for $75.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daiwa-Cielo-Cas ... true&rt=nc

PaBass75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PaBass75 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 am

Finnz922 wrote:Seller hasn't had much activity, but if this shows up at all and in 1 piece, I am happy :big grin: . Been looking for one for awhile now. I was the only bidder which makes me worry a bit. Picked it up for $75.

That's anot awesome buy! I've got a couple Cielos, the one you bought and a 6'6" Mh. Awesome rods.

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by alafly » Fri May 05, 2017 1:12 am

Megabass Orochi Cover Hacking 10CHL Baitcasting Reel with box

Buy it now $290

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302303931039?_t ... fresh=true

"North" of America...

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:19 am

PaBass75 wrote:
Finnz922 wrote:Seller hasn't had much activity, but if this shows up at all and in 1 piece, I am happy :big grin: . Been looking for one for awhile now. I was the only bidder which makes me worry a bit. Picked it up for $75.

That's anot awesome buy! I've got a couple Cielos, the one you bought and a 6'6" Mh. Awesome rods.
Rod was in great shape other than he used masking tape to identify his line. Cleaned up the cork, added some wood filler, sanded it down, and sealed it. Looks great. Will have it out tomorrow. Hope it fishes well. No marks, cracks, or damage that I can see. Fingers crossed. [-o<