Auction site gems

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Auction site gems

Post by poisonokie » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:22 pm

adam lancia wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:20 pm
That feeling you get when you pick up a custom painted, well tuned Alphas (for a great price), then find another Alphas with a Megabass Zonda BFS spool for $140... \:D/ :big grin: :mrgreen: :shock:
You found WHAT??
This is the way.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:26 pm

adam lancia wrote:
That feeling you get when you pick up a custom painted, well tuned Alphas (for a great price), then find another Alphas with a Megabass Zonda BFS spool for $140... \:D/ :big grin: :mrgreen: :shock:
What you talkin bout Willis :-s

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:09 am

poisonokie wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:22 pm
adam lancia wrote:
You found WHAT??
I wish I could insert the Grinch gif of him saying, "Eeeerrrr, yup."

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, plus I also found another reel that has a bunch parts that I've been looking for. So now I have 3 coming my way, but two are getting sent back out once I do a little parts swapping.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:50 am

adam lancia wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:09 am

I couldn't believe it when I saw it, plus I also found another reel that has a bunch parts that I've been looking for. So now I have 3 coming my way, but two are getting sent back out once I do a little parts swapping.
Lucky devil! 😈

Have you ever used that spool?
This is the way.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:15 am

poisonokie wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:50 am
adam lancia wrote:

Lucky devil! 😈

Not yet, but I have it on good authority that's its a beauty! I'm gonna find out for myself though.

chrisg_sdcf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by chrisg_sdcf » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 pm

adam lancia wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:15 am
poisonokie wrote:
adam lancia wrote:

Lucky devil! 😈

Not yet, but I have it on good authority that's its a beauty! I'm gonna find out for myself though.
I sent a alphas sv with that spool to Ian to be tuned. He says it's one of his favorite spools in the alphas (I'm sure that depends on what you plan to throw with it). But $140 for a complete reel with that spool in it :shock: I couldn't find the spool much cheaper than that anywhere (usually higher).

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:39 am

chrisg_sdcf wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:24 pm
adam lancia wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:15 am
poisonokie wrote:
adam lancia wrote:

Lucky devil! 😈

I sent a alphas sv with that spool to Ian to be tuned. He says it's one of his favorite spools in the alphas (I'm sure that depends on what you plan to throw with it). But $140 for a complete reel with that spool in it :shock: I couldn't find the spool much cheaper than that anywhere (usually higher).
That's what he told me too. I'm really fortunate to have a reliable source for deals like this... \:D/

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:56 am

Not an auction, but a good price on a white python.

https://jdmtackleheaven.com/collections ... python-489

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 am

I never understood this thread, and as to why people would publicly burn their sources :-k :-k :-k
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:05 pm

389Maverick wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:10 am
I never understood this thread, and as to why people would publicly burn their sources :-k :-k :-k
Life is too short to be chickenshit.

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:18 pm

389Maverick wrote:
I only buy new rods, so it doesn't affect me.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:23 am

389Maverick wrote:
Sharing with your friends?

It might not even be a particular something you are looking to buy, but maybe someone out there is, and they will thank you for the opportunity.
<")))><{

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am

It has nothing to do with being a chicken $hit [-(
It takes time, effort, and dedication to hunt down these items, especially oversees when you need to overcome the language barrier. Many more factors could be thrown in, but I'll just leave it at that.

When putting in the leg work, only to get burned on a public forum, especially with auctions, prior to said auction ending, you’re raising up the bids considerably, and lowering your chances to acquire these highly coveted items.

If anything, when putting in numerous hrs on a body of water, breaking it down, and pin pointing that hot spot where double digit behemoths are caught, are you going to publicly post the GPS coordinates? Imo, same principal applies here, to an extent.

There’s no harm in sharing your latest auction acquisitions, and I believe this was AB’s intention when starting up this thread many years ago, my issue/questioning is more so with folks sharing links/stores. Whether I “need” these items or not, I’ve never burned sources out of respect for the community/collectors that might be eyeing these items. Just my two cents.
Canadian arm to what is Megabass of America
Instagram @m.a.dufour

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Houndfish » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:40 am

It’s a pretty small group of sites where you can buy JDM gear without Japanese language skill, so I don’t think there are any amazingly secret revelations being posted here.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:19 am

389Maverick wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:07 am
It has nothing to do with being a chicken $hit [-(
It takes time, effort, and dedication to hunt down these items, especially oversees when you need to overcome the language barrier. Many more factors could be thrown in, but I'll just leave it at that.

When putting in the leg work, only to get burned on a public forum, especially with auctions, prior to said auction ending, you’re raising up the bids considerably, and lowering your chances to acquire these highly coveted items.

If anything, when putting in numerous hrs on a body of water, breaking it down, and pin pointing that hot spot where double digit behemoths are caught, are you going to publicly post the GPS coordinates? Imo, same principal applies here, to an extent.

There’s no harm in sharing your latest auction acquisitions, and I believe this was AB’s intention when starting up this thread many years ago, my issue/questioning is more so with folks sharing links/stores. Whether I “need” these items or not, I’ve never burned sources out of respect for the community/collectors that might be eyeing these items. Just my two cents.
Agreed. I'm not burning this source of mine, especially when I know they aren't going to run out of cool stuff I don't need but definitely covet anytime soon!