Swept handle for Daiwa Millionaire

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
kayakfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Swept handle for Daiwa Millionaire

Post by kayakfish » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:40 am

Awesome - thanks so much guys!

pobigred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pobigred » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:45 am

kayakfish wrote:Awesome - thanks so much guys!
Another option you could consider is the Livre 90 Feather handle. The one with gold accents would look terrific on that reel. Shipping is $10. I does not require swept drag star. The cost is $179, but if you spend $120 for a super high quality CF handle and then put high end cork or even RCS knobs on it, you'll have that much in it anyway. And the knobs on that handle spin outragously well. Patrick.

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:00 am

pobigred wrote:
africanbass wrote:Option 2:
The Pixy SPR has a sweet silver swept star that would also look sick :shock:
I had mine painted flat black for a custom Pixy.
ImageImage
The SPR ccc also has great detailing,worth ordering too :D
Now that is just totally SICK!!
Seriously - U have some of the best custom stuff out there! =P~

Gblaze
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Gblaze » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:36 am

OP, I just realized I have that dragstar with red anodized insert that you posted. I can save you some dough - I have no use for it - its yours if you want to send a self-addressed envelope with prepaid postage to me. PM me and Ill send u pics before hand
Merry xmas :)

ninjaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ninjaman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:27 pm

Gblaze wrote:OP, I just realized I have that dragstar with red anodized insert that you posted. I can save you some dough - I have no use for it - its yours if you want to send a self-addressed envelope with prepaid postage to me. PM me and Ill send u pics before hand
Merry xmas :)
Big up, Gblaze! These are the kind of acts that make me smile. Tackle junkies caring and sharing!
=D> =D> =D>

knht
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by knht » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:06 am

A millionaire ize light handle question, hope OP doesnt mind.

I tried to remove the round cork knob from stock ize light handle. In doing so I notice that to remove the secrew on knob cap I need to turn it clock wise. Was trying it anti clock wise initially and chip some dinks of paint ](*,) .

After removing the knob cap I was having problem to unlock the screw in the knob and I believe I am about nearing there to strip the screw head. Just want to ask - do I turn clock wise or anti clock wise to get that damn screw out?

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:14 pm

knht wrote:A millionaire ize light handle question, hope OP doesnt mind.

I tried to remove the round cork knob from stock ize light handle. In doing so I notice that to remove the secrew on knob cap I need to turn it clock wise. Was trying it anti clock wise initially and chip some dinks of paint ](*,) .

After removing the knob cap I was having problem to unlock the screw in the knob and I believe I am about nearing there to strip the screw head. Just want to ask - do I turn clock wise or anti clock wise to get that damn screw out?
Knob covers you need to turn righty to loosen and lefty to tighten.

The screws that hold the knobs in are standard..."right/tighty, lefty/loosey" ;)

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:18 pm

knht wrote:Just want to ask - do I turn clock wise or anti clock wise to get that damn screw out?
this will vary from reel to reel, but especially so between RH and LH models... is your reel a righty or lefty?

knht
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by knht » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Thanks both. Mine is a righty. Guess the loctite is still in there, previous owner probably never open up the knobs to flush bearings.