Anyone use a Certate 2500R???

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
babfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Anyone use a Certate 2500R???

Post by babfish » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:50 am

Just looking for a mini review from anyone that may be using a 2500R. Thanks

zclaw
Angler
Angler

Re: Anyone use a Certate 2500R???

Post by zclaw » Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:45 am

Hi,

I got the Fuego version (red color) and I'm very happy with this reel. It's very powerful despite it's small size. Shimano Twinpower and Stella are smoother but I've never had any line trouble with my Certate.
The only thing that sucks is that the paint peels off the reel seat but my rod is Zenaq Defi Plaisir and it has a metal reel seat that is probably more agressive :

I got to say that I just love the sound of the line peeling off the spool, the drag is just fantastic !

dhuie
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by dhuie » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:18 am

I love it! Smooth and tangle free. I have it spooled with 14lb braid and cast like a dream.
The only draw back is the weight, its a tat heavy for the size, perhaps I am spoilt by my Exist 2508. But having said that I would never see me giving it up for now.
"What!!??...How Much!!??...But I Only Want One!!!"

iangler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by iangler » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:21 am

Which one?

There's 3 different types of the 2500R
2500R-CUSTOM 1st gen based on a 2500 size Certate (glossy metallic blue)
2500R-CUSTOM 2nd gen based on a 3000 size Certate? (flat metallic light blue)
2500R Hyper Custom, Certate with Saltiga gears (silver)

babfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by babfish » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:36 am

Iangler I am looking at the 2nd gen based on a 3000. Thanks for all the feedback guys

k2bk2b
Angler
Angler

Post by k2bk2b » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:46 pm

had mine for close to a year, had it swapped for a 2506 :P

The R is a fantastic reel, Very Hardy
only managed to tangle it once due to overloading line cap vs my shimano which tangled quite often for the 2mths i had it..

im a daiwa fan, so naturally
:lol:

ohh... and there's loads of aftermarket parts for it!!

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:44 am

I had a Certate 2500R custom. I think dhuie said it all about the reel. In a few words that's my conclusion: "smooth, reliable, but rather heavy." I sold it when I was collecting funds for an Opus-1.
You can even find Certate rods to match with the reel. I am not sure whether the rods are JDM or EDM (European), but some of them look very nice.
If you don't mind a little bit of excess weight and don't want to spend a big amount of money on a spinning reel, then the Certate is one of the best options to consider.
---- Catch & Release -----

shtuka
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shtuka » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 am

Papageno1791 wrote:I had a Certate 2500R custom. I think dhuie said it all about the reel. In a few words that's my conclusion: "smooth, reliable, but rather heavy." I sold it when I was collecting funds for an Opus-1.
You can even find Certate rods to match with the reel. I am not sure whether the rods are JDM or EDM (European), but some of them look very nice.
If you don't mind a little bit of excess weight and don't want to spend a big amount of money on a spinning reel, then the Certate is one of the best options to consider.
Papa,

If you can find any reference to Certate rod, can you please post it here.
Never heard about Certate rod, but I know that Daiwa UK and FR tend to have more variety than Daiwa US.

I am so impressed with Certate reel, that I would not think twice before purchasing Certate rod.

Papageno1791
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Papageno1791 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:15 am

shtuka wrote:Papa,

If you can find any reference to Certate rod, can you please post it here.
Never heard about Certate rod, but I know that Daiwa UK and FR tend to have more variety than Daiwa US.

I am so impressed with Certate reel, that I would not think twice before purchasing Certate rod.
Sure!
Here you have a review of one of the Certate rods, something like French TT :P The reel is a Daiwa TD-R, but I guess you are interested in the rod, so the article will be interesting. Unfortunately it is available only in French. I have seen these rod in several lengths and powers, both in red and blue colors. They are not cheap, but they are truly beautiful. If you want to purchase one, you might check here or this other one. In this other site you can compare prices of Daiwa rods. Well, just look through google for "Certate canne" and you will find lots of links to the Certate rods. Hope it helps.
---- Catch & Release -----

shtuka
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by shtuka » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:58 am

Thank you Papa,

That 9 footer with low riders looks interesting. Unfortunately, with ever dropping dollar it would probably cost me over $500 to ship it here…I will keep my eye on the Ebay.
Too bad Daiwa does not offer these rods in USA. There is perfect marketing situation for them with Certate reels being synonym for strength, precision and durability… instead I have been seeing Firewolf rods on every corner…

Gatesy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Gatesy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:07 pm

I have the 2500R (based on the 3000) for almost a year and it has beent he best reel i have EVER owned. Damn it has some stopping power as well and the drag is really silky smooth. If i was going to buy another spinning reel i would get anoher one.

I fish 8lb Nitlon PE through the reel on a 5kg rod and it has slayed some of my PB fish

trytofish
Angler
Angler

Post by trytofish » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:45 am

have the 1 gen n the 2 nd gen ones.both are great reels.super strong and tough also very smooth as well.changed out the drag washer to carbon fibre ones and never looked back.even use the 2nd gen ones as an egi reel matched with 2004 rcs spool.would get a couple more if its available at the right price.
the 3 rd gen ones.................theres really no need to go to that extreme as i reckon they are all tough anyway.own my very first ones close to 5 years now and have been abuse not only by myself but friends and relo and still as new as the day i got it.

olamagic
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by olamagic » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:54 am

iangler wrote:Which one?

There's 3 different types of the 2500R
2500R-CUSTOM 1st gen based on a 2500 size Certate (glossy metallic blue)
2500R-CUSTOM 2nd gen based on a 3000 size Certate? (flat metallic light blue)
2500R Hyper Custom, Certate with Saltiga gears (silver)
Which Is the certate that tacklewarehouse has on sale now for 299.00

AndZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by AndZ » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:00 pm

I've used a Certate 2500R-Custom, first generation, for over one year with PE lines only. After all that time of tough fishing, the reel worked flawlessly, just like in its first days. Very solid reel, a touch on the heavy side, but extremely reliable. The ballbearing on the line roller can start making funny noises so you might want have a few spares.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:10 am

The Certate at TW is the 2nd Gen one. I have been looking at these too (the 1503) and was wondering about the reviews on this reel as well. FYI this is the vintage model that is finished in gun metal.