Gan Craft White Noise UPDATED W/ PICS

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Gan Craft White Noise UPDATED W/ PICS

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:03 am

Got this rod in today and it is by far the nicest one I have from Gan Craft so far. Its a heavy action but not as heavy as expected from them, which was a good thing for me. It does have the weight balance system for those wondering. Incidentally, the Killer rod I got, which is the higher-end rods, was not even finished, unlike the Killer00 rods which are very nice and cheaper. The split grip GANS sticker was not even finished with epoxy like the others and the kevlar tubing was not used either.......bummer for such an expensive rod. I'll post some pics tonight and update once I've fished it.
Last edited by Nautilus on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nautilus......All Roads Lead To The Lake!!!
http://www.440fence.com

Captain Chaos
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Gan Craft White Noise

Post by Captain Chaos » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Yep, post some pics please. Would like to check it out.....

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Gan Craft White Noise

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:14 pm

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Gan Craft White Noise UPDATED W/ PICS

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:35 pm

If anyone needs some more detailed pics of certain parts of the rod, just let me know........I know how unsettling it is shelling out the cash blindfolded for a rod you can't see or hold.

arbogastjunkie
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by arbogastjunkie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:55 pm

Looks good with the ITO on there....how do you like that reel so far?

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:09 pm

I LOVE the reel!!! Its the smoothest reel I own and that's saying a lot. My only drawback is the short handle and absense of replacement handles. I was using it with the Presso rod with ultralight topwaters and it casts a mile!! It DOES look good on the WHite Noise......I think they just got married for life......the bright silver and black almost look like white and black......I love it!

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Must have this rod....must have this rod...must have this rod...am I repeating myself?
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Captain Chaos
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Captain Chaos » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:52 pm

As Spikoli from Fast Times said......"Awesome, Tootally Awesome."

Thanks for sharing.

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:20 pm

Yeah, I love these rods but am still very disappointed with the lack of proper finishing on the super high end Killer model. Does anyone else have this rod, the one pictured with the DC100?? Does the exposed blank between the split grips have kevlar piping? Does it have epoxy finishing over the GANS sticker?? If mine is a defect then I would like to take some kind of action to get it replaced but I just don't know if they intended on what I got or if it was a mistake. The other rods are awesome though and cost less than Megabass rods.....can't wait 'till they come out with some new models.

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:33 pm

I agree this a truly striking stick. Yendor and I have had ours for a few weeks now. Yamada-san is becoming tight with GC. I have been using mine for s-songs and esflats. I will also be using it for Black dog shellcrackers.

It is a true Heavy, and I feel fast action carbon blank. It weighs 5.oz without the custom fuji WBS, and 6.5 oz fully installed. It is lite t as a feather with the WBS, but without it you know it is a Heavy stick. You have to keep in mind this rod is rated up to 2oz , and intended to do just that. It is supposedly limited to this year only. We confirmed the blank was carbon after discovering that the Scarface was a glass/carbon composite. GC will do different things depending on the intent.

The one thing that disapointed me was the rod sock was nothing special. I also thought it would be marked limited like the other limited rods. However I must admit a smile was brough across my face when I saw You'll Be in Danger again. I was also happy to see the ecentric reversed first guide.

The Killers was never suppose to have a split grip. The first released ones had a full grip. So I am guessing that is why the split grip GANS sticker vs it being finished. The decison for 07 was probably quick. I saw a first production killers on Yahoo Japan last year for 100,000 Yen. :shock: the Killers is still my favorite stick. The snake finish is about as good as it gets. :D
Attachments
KILLERS-00.JPG
KILLERS-00.JPG (38.62 KiB) Viewed 6233 times
TAG.JPG
TAG.JPG (19.82 KiB) Viewed 6233 times
WH.JPG
WH.JPG (37.27 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
KILLERS.JPG
KILLERS.JPG (17.54 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
Last edited by GamblerHydra on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks for the reply GH. I understand about the full grip/split grip delema when they were first being produced but both of the other rods have epoxy finishing over the sticker......does yours? The sticker will just start peeling off when wet I believe........it seems they just forgot but I need to confirm that all the others were produced the same before I get bent out of shape about it. Does the split grip on your Killer have kevlar or epoxy over the sticker? I've had my White Noise sitting at PLAT for a month but had to wait on some other rods to come in before I shipped it.......it was too long to wait for sure.......I've been chompin' at the bit to see it since I reserved it 4 months ago. Tell me about the Glass Composite.......are some of the rods slow action for cranks? I'd love a glass GC rod fore sure. Any idea when the purple/bluish models with teaser pics in the catalog are coming out? I plan on using the White Noise with my S-Songs and swimbaits also......the White Python is just too much rod to cast all day but it makes a great big cat rod. :D

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Oh...By the way GH, My rod sock is much different than the rest. It is very thick neoprene material with a liner. I didn't pay any attention to what it said but I'll check. It seems they are a little inconsistent with production and issues therein but that's understandable for a company who hasn't even had time to put together a full website. Some of my S-Songs were harder to get than the White Noise......and the color schemes varied a little from what's in the catalog, another indicator their production process is not a well oiled machine......YET. I see great things coming from them in the future. 8-)

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:20 pm

Nautilus wrote:Thanks for the reply GH. I understand about the full grip/split grip delema when they were first being produced but both of the other rods have epoxy finishing over the sticker......does yours? The sticker will just start peeling off when wet I believe........it seems they just forgot but I need to confirm that all the others were produced the same before I get bent out of shape about it. Does the split grip on your Killer have kevlar or epoxy over the sticker? I've had my White Noise sitting at PLAT for a month but had to wait on some other rods to come in before I shipped it.......it was too long to wait for sure.......I've been chompin' at the bit to see it since I reserved it 4 months ago. Tell me about the Glass Composite.......are some of the rods slow action for cranks? I'd love a glass GC rod fore sure. Any idea when the purple/bluish models with teaser pics in the catalog are coming out? I plan on using the White Noise with my S-Songs and swimbaits also......the White Python is just too much rod to cast all day but it makes a great big cat rod. :D
Yes, all my Killers-00 rods do not have a sticker, but finished in the rod. They also utilize the kevlar braid cloth wrap in the butt.

The Scarface is a rod you should check out. It is a glass-carbon fiber composite that is specifically designed for fast moving baits with the short bite in mind. It is suppose to be powerful enough for the lurking monster yet forgiving enough to boat the ones that are often lost in the struggle. This is supposedly what the text translates too. ;)

The only Killers rod that uses a material other than carbon is the Brain. I do not think it is kevlar though. It is not apparent. We have not been able to get a true understanding of how the Killers brain is constructed.

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:23 pm

Nautilus wrote:Oh...By the way GH, My rod sock is much different than the rest. It is very thick neoprene material with a liner. I didn't pay any attention to what it said but I'll check.
That is like mine, I was just hoping for more. Here is the limited Killers-00 dead Sword sock.
Attachments
Killers-00 limited.jpg
Killers-00 limited.jpg (18.75 KiB) Viewed 6193 times
Last edited by GamblerHydra on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanks for the info......I want to try one of their Glass composite rods.....what are all the models that use it?

My Killer00 rods are fine, its the Killer that I was wondering if yours was finished or not. Does it have epoxy over the GANS sticker or kevlar piping between the split grips? Or did you get one of the straight handled initial models?