Gan Craft White Noise UPDATED W/ PICS

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Gan Craft White Noise UPDATED W/ PICS

Post by kbookert » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:27 pm

Nautilus, thats a very nice set-up! 8-)
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:30 pm

Thanks KB.....I think about all yours everytime I use my Red Tune. 8-)
Nautilus......All Roads Lead To The Lake!!!
http://www.440fence.com

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:31 pm

Nautilus wrote:Thanks for the info......I want to try one of their Glass composite rods.....what are all the models that use it?

My Killer00 rods are fine, its the Killer that I was wondering if yours was finished or not. Does it have epoxy over the GANS sticker or kevlar piping between the split grips? Or did you get one of the straight handled initial models?
no epoxy

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:33 pm

Thanks.....does it (killer snake skin rod) have kevlar between the split grips?

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:44 pm

Nautilus wrote:Thanks.....does it (killer snake skin rod) have kevlar between the split grips?
no ... they just removed th eva , shaped , and exposed the blank. It has black and silver thread and just clear finish. My guess is for 08, or when they start a new run they will finish it differently.

The purple accented rod will most likely be 08.

superman_36
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by superman_36 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Nautilus
I have the Glass composite stick coming. It is suppose to be comparable/competition for the megabass F4-610 GT3 Shiryu. I will post pics and info about it when it comes in.

Also nice stick

SPAZ
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by SPAZ » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:10 pm

Wow, incredible combos. You gotta love those Gancraft rods.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:12 pm

GamblerHydra wrote:The purple accented rod will most likely be 08.
NOW we're talkin' ... ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:04 am

Superman, when do you expect it? I'd love to hear more about the glass rods........they are by far my favorite rods but are few and far between in the enthusiast realm.

Let us know when you get it!!!

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:40 am

Cal wrote:
GamblerHydra wrote:The purple accented rod will most likely be 08.
NOW we're talkin' ... ;)
I am hoping we do not get let down. A 7ft 6 inch plus GC rod built for the much anticapated Jointed Claw 230 is what I dream about. What would really be kool is a limited edition like they have with the Dead Swords.

LOBINAKING
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by LOBINAKING » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Congrats! on the new addition Nautilus. I actually passed on the White Noise because it is just too heavy for my style of fishing. Amazing looking rod though to say the least.

I love my Dictator, it's one super balanced and super nice looking rod. I popped it's cherry a few weeks ago throwing a Huddleston Shad, first cast with both the rod and the lure produced a chunky 5 lber. :big grin:

I have my eyes on the Killers Traitor, but hearing your comments on the one you received now i'm not so sure i will get it :cry: For $600.00 i expect nothing but quality all around and not just the silver accents. :?
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

superman_36
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by superman_36 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Nautilus
I am suppose to get it the first of the month

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:31 pm

LOBINAKING wrote:
I have my eyes on the Killers Traitor, but hearing your comments on the one you received now i'm not so sure i will get it :cry: For $600.00 i expect nothing but quality all around and not just the silver accents. :?
LK... take a look at my post of my Junk from a few months ago. The killers are nothing short of quality. I was a bit taken a back at first on the Gans sticker. I think I made some comments at that time. I also missed that ecentric first guide. Personally, the more I ponder it , the Gans sticker while kool, would be of out place finished in the rod. The Killers is a much cleaner refined looking stick. I have yet to see anything match it cosmetically . The snake pattern with the sterling silver winding checks, and WBS is really a site to behold. The artwork in the sterling silver accents is hand done and no one design is totally a like. I am sure it adds the weight , but as you know they are balanced to a T. The Traitor unlike your Dictator will have a removable custom WBS. So you can balance it to different preferences. The blank on the Killers also has a higher carbon percentage. Performance wise not a huge gain , but with most high end gear there is always a law of diminishing returns. I am not sure what my next GC rod will be, I will probably wait to see what superman thinks about the Scarface.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:36 am

Deffinately a killer stick, literally ;) :lol:

Does Gan Craft have any rod(s) that use super high mod graphite or Boron in them? Im guessing no no on Boron but ya never know.. but as for graphite does anyone know an exact number? I know theres a lot more to a rod then the number like how its constructed, used, etc but im really curious. Looking at the catalog I have I cant make out a thing its like looking at a playboy mag who reads it if you get what I mean.

Nautilus
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Nautilus » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:11 am

So I'm looking at the catalog and the only rod that appears to be heavy for its specs and has an obviously wider diameter blank at the base of the foregrip is the Spelart. Is this the only confirmed rod to use the glass composite material? Some of the heavier rods COULD use it but they would have larger diameter blanks regardless due to power so I can't tell. If anyone knows which rods are glass please let me know......I'm ready to order one today and I can't wait!!

LobinaKing, I agree with GH about the Killer line. THe rods are VERY NICE but I was expecting MORE details rather than less but, like he said, the rod is more clean and refined. There is no kevlar between the grips, no thread wrap under each guide, no extra epoxy for finishing areas that don't affect performance, etc. I love the rod and my only problem was the sticker.......just wish they would've left it off rather than present a component that will wear out far sooner than the rest of the rod. If you just take it off, you'd have a very nice clean stick........which was the goal for them anyways probably.