Airrus Pulsar rods

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Airrus Pulsar rods

Post by USA-RET » Wed May 16, 2007 5:08 pm

Anyone know where I can get the rod weights for the casting models?

Checked the website and no rod weights are listed. Sent them an email asking and never received a reply back. I like what I see in the Pulsar line..but want to know how heavy these sticks are.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Airrus Pulsar rods

Post by DavidSA » Wed May 16, 2007 6:12 pm

I don't own a PulsR but have some information obtained months ago from some reliable sources that have me thinking they are about .25-.5 ounces lighter then say the Co-Matrix Series or the Ultra. If this is true, this would put say a 7M in the 4.7 to 5oz range. If you were thinking they might be 3oz rods, I don't think they are anywhere near that. That said, the Airrus rods I own are well balanced and powerful enough to fish many species. That said, I fish mostly for Bass and have moved to lighter more whispy rods for the most part.

GamblerHydra
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GamblerHydra » Wed May 16, 2007 6:40 pm

The weights I have seen are up there, but being a glass composite you have to put it in perspective.

9-Ball Pro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 9-Ball Pro » Wed May 16, 2007 7:30 pm

I have the Spectra and Ultra XL and love them. I have a Puls-R being shipped to me in the next few days.

The Puls-R rods will be in stock Friday or Saturday (18th/19th), but if you want one get it quick because most are already gone. The Ultra XL rods won't be back in stock until July.

Ken isn't the best at returning e-mails but he answers all calls himself and is a Great guy to talk to. So just look at the Airrus site and give him a call. He will be glad to answer any questions that you have about the rods.

:D

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Wed May 16, 2007 8:51 pm

I was hoping the 6'9" and the 7'3" would be in the 4's somewhere. I know they aren't Kistlers..but a rod in the 4.0-4.8 oz range would be decent. I was thinking the 7'3" would make a nice frog- topwater/swim/spinnerbait rod to fish around the heavy slop we have in South Florida. Priced right and I want a split handle.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Wed May 16, 2007 8:53 pm

I have the 6'9" and I should go weight it. 8-) If I can tomorrow when I hit the post office I will this time. :oops:
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

9-Ball Pro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by 9-Ball Pro » Wed May 16, 2007 10:07 pm

USA-RET wrote:I was hoping the 6'9" and the 7'3" would be in the 4's somewhere. I know they aren't Kistlers..but a rod in the 4.0-4.8 oz range would be decent. I was thinking the 7'3" would make a nice frog- topwater/swim/spinnerbait rod to fish around the heavy slop we have in South Florida. Priced right and I want a split handle.
I'm not a Kistler fan. I just retired a 6'8" Helium LTA because it is not even close to as sensitive as the Airrus and that makes up for the small amount of weight difference to me. The Airrus Spectra 7' mh rod that I use pulls any type baits through the FL swamps with ease using a Zillion 100SHA.

If you want a light split handle rod try looking into the G-Blanks. My 6'10" MH casting rod weighs 3.3 oz. With the TD-ito 103m that weighs 5.7 oz that is on it the whole combo weighs only 9.0 oz (can't get much lighter than that.) It is also a Great rod. The only negative is that they only have a 1 yr warranty (but for only $125 they are a steal).

:)

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Thu May 17, 2007 3:41 pm

I've seen the G-Blanks and they are nice rod...they will even do some custom requests (colored threads and windings) for the same money. Was kinda captivated by the Airrus appearance....looks very unique.

My 6'9" Kistler LTX II is very sensitive, I'd compare it to my 6'7" Steez in that area.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

kbookert
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by kbookert » Thu May 17, 2007 5:24 pm

My 6'9" MH weighs 5 1/4 oz or 146 Grams.
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.